Crazy scenarios caused by twin born compounding

Do we have evidence that other extreme compounding would kill you? Weight protects you from crushing yourself. It seems like the protection would scale with the power. So even at rediculous weight (e.g. Planet) wouldn't you still be protected? Also with zinc compounding (mental speed) eventually blood in your brain would move at relativistic speeds. Would that literally fry your brain? Or does the power also make your brain able to handle it. At that point of speed you would probably have along while to contemplate your death, and maybe even feel your brain shutting down (though it probably wouldn't be painful unless it broke your skull)

Tapping weight probably works like F-Steel where you aren't going to be directly harmed by the power itself but you could be indirectly harmed by your application of it. For example, if you fall through a building because you suddenly weigh far more than the structure can support and you injure yourself in the fall, F-Iron isn't going to help you with that. We see this happen to Wax on multiple occasions so I think the above is pretty solid reasoning. Likewise you probably can't tap too much in the way of senses for that to hurt you by itself but if someone were to lob a flashbang at you while you have super-hearing or super-sight the Feruchemy wouldn't protect you against that.

Not sure about some of the more esoteric ones like F-Bendalloy and whether you could provide your body with more energy than it could handle, or hurt yourself by eating too much at once while storing. I'm also kind of curious about F-Cadmium and how that would interact under pressure. I presume that it would have some sort of safety to keep yourself from self-induced oxygen poisoning but it might do funky things if you were a diver.

Feruchemy's protection reaches only a certain degree.

If I don't remember wrong. Sazed states he managed to stand still and not be crushed by his own Weight because he was tapping Strenght too (I think It's a scene in the siege)

Extreme Zinc Will have other kind of problems (except make you die for starvation in some seconds)

On 5/12/2017 at 11:06 AM, Yata said:

Feruchemy's protection reaches only a certain degree.

If I don't remember wrong. Sazed states he managed to stand still and not be crushed by his own Weight because he was tapping Strenght too (I think It's a scene in the siege)

Extreme Zinc Will have other kind of problems (except make you die for starvation in some seconds)

I specifically asked Brandon about zinc compounding starvation, and he said it wasn't enough to cause any problems. 

• Chaos locked this topic