What happens when you put the metallic arts together

Lord Bookwyrm

I've noticed a few things while reading the coppermind and reading the mistborn novels, and they don't really make sense. If you melt a metal, the attribute of it still remains, but make an alloy of it and the attribute disappears. Now, what would happen if you got two different tinminds, each with a different sense stored in them, melted them and put the two pieces of molten metal together? Technically, you haven't made an alloy, so both the senses are still there. However, since you can't have two senses in a single tinmind, what happens? Can you feruchemically store in a hemalurgically charged spike? Is lerasium a metal that stores allomancy? How does compounding copper work? Could you burn duramlumin while storing to store faster? Can you burn a metal and store the allomancy as investiture in a nicrosilmind? If storing in an aluminiummind while storing makes a metalmind identityless, what if you tap an aluminiummind during active storage? What happens if you tap zinc while storing copper? What happens if you spike the shardholder of preservation with an atium spike, or make the shardholder of ruin burn lerasium? If you have spotted any other discrepancies or if you have any answers to the questions asked here, feel free to post

Forum rules: please don't swear, necroposting is allowed and so is double-posting, have fun!

The melting/merging of Metalmind for now It's a controversial topic. I Will expand when we will know more.

You could store in a Spike without problem, the Inquisitors did It all' the time. Hemalurgy is a low Investiture magic system. It doesn't interfere too much with the Feruchemical charge, probably there would be a little loss but something hardly noticable.

We don't know the effect of Feruchemical Lerasium. But i don't think could store Allomancy because other metal could already do It.

We don't know for sure how the Cooper compound work... Someone think you could Simply replicate a Memory so to allow to store It again without fogert It.

Why burning durallumin would male you to store Faster? Your store rate is based by your resource. So from your point of view you are storing ad usual...From the other you could be seen having more charge than they could figure out. But the durallumin is priceful and burns fast.

As far as we know for now, Nicrosolminds store Innate Investiture not kinetic One...But It's not a deny, Simply we don't know yet.

Ok the tapping alluminium is weird. We don't know if your Identity could be boosted actually. If It could, maybe you will be unable to access your own Metalmind without boosts again Identity.

Interesting but probaby nothing. Maybe you could prevent a some degree of Corruption, but hardly to say.

Both this thing can't happen. But probably nothing Will happen (Little extra: the Canon term for someone Who hold a Shard is Vessel, Shardholder is the term we used before the canon One was released).

I think for now I can't answer more...If I have time later, I Will expand the merging Metalmind part...There is somewhere in the forum a topic about.

Edited by Yata

14 minutes ago, Yata said:

We don't know for sure how the Copper compound work... Someone think you could Simply replicate a Memory so to allow to store It again without forget It.

But 'if your allomancy and feruchemy share a metal, you can access it tenfold' from alloy of law Chapter 11. Wouldn't that mean you can store it nine times without forgetting it?

Before to answer you. I have to ask. What mistborn books DID you read?

Anyway Kandra with the appropriate Spike and Method could gain Powers.

About the Cooper compound, maybe you could store the same Memory 10 times...I don't honestly know. It's a speculation inside a speculation so I didn't think too much in the details.

Notice also Sazed statement is Simply without bases. He can't know the Compound ratio. It could be 2,5,10,16,100 times as far as we know

38 minutes ago, Yata said:

The plot relevant Ones? You are a weird guy/girl XD 

What? Did you only just realise? I thought you were better than that. I thought you would have realised by now that normal logic doesn't work on me. I bought a ward against it from a travelling merchant. That makes me different from you, which makes me weird. But that shouldn't be true, since logic doesn't work on me. So, you're wrong, I'm not weird.

Also, since some of the books I want to read aren't in my school's library, I have to use some other method of finding out what happens in the books I read, and that other method is spoilers, but since most people in my school have never heard of BS, this website is an ideal alternative. Sometimes I use the look inside feature on amazon, though.

Also, you could have found out my gender by looking at my profile. But, I could have been misleading you, so you don't really know for sure (although I really am male).

Edited by Valette Renaitre

Ok, so Yata answered some of the questions already, but I like being thorough. Apologies if I end up repeating them here and there.

If you put two Tinminds of different senses together.. Best guess is that there would still be some "corrupted" space that you can't store in. Not sure which sense would work on it, but odds are only one will. We know that two Feruchemists can store separate charges in the same piece of Metal, but I feel that since both charges are your own, they don't have the identity barrier keeping them separate.

You can use Hemalurgic spikes as Metalminds. Several Inquisitors have done this in HoA times. 

RAFO's all around Lerasium. 

We don't know how Double Copper works. All Brandon has said it it could do "interesting things."

Burning Duralumin does not affect storing speed. It affects Burning speed.

Storing A-Investiture in F-Nicrosil.. We don't know. There are theories, but we don't know yet

Not sure about storing while tapping Aluminum, Yata might be right that you'd have to be tapping Aluminum to tap that Metalmind, but there's debates with Identity.

F-Zinc while storing in Copper could probably help you notice all the little details, but ultimately no huge breakthrough. You'd have to be tapping Zinc when tapping those memories again so you find the details quicker. Less time in your head, less time for the memory to become corrupted/fuzzy.

You can't spike a Vessel, or have them burn metals. Brandon has said that Harmony's body is sort-of .. "faded in," between the lines, or something like that. Point being that their bodies are not in a place where they can be found and affected, as far as we know.

For the second post: As Yata said, Kandra can gain powers via spikes. It doesn't affect TenSoon's claim that Kandra can't use Allomancy, not at all. Rosharan people can't use Allomancy either, but if you spike them, they could. TenSoon's claim involved it naturally occurring, which it can't. Hemalurgy is not natural.

Also as Yata said, Sazed made an educated guess about how compounding worked. He probably picked tenfold because 10 is a nice rounded number.

Edited by The One Who Connects
Spellcheck

• Chaos locked this topic