New (possible) allomantic/feruchemical/hemalurgic metals?

Lord Bookwyrm

18 minutes ago, Valette Renaitre said:

So if that theory is true, then the cosmere is going to go through a lot of expansion pretty soon. Otherwise, either the metals will stay unfound (which would be a huge pity) or the cosmere will be going on for a veeeery long time. Not that that's a bad thing, but it kind of scares me to think that I'll have wait decades for the final metals to come out.

Assuming you are responding to my "counting multi-god metal alloys, about a million" bit, that takes into account every single multiple(2-16) Shard combo having a god metal and alloys with the base 16. We aren't going to have that happen, because that would require Harmony to be split, Ruin to pair and then split again with the other 14 for their god metals, etc... It's just not feasible, for story purposes and from a coming up with powers angle. He just can't create 1 million powers, let alone have them all follow physics. We still know hardly anything about the Atium and Lerasium alloys except Malatium.

Actually, 2+ million powers. They all would have an Allomantic power and a Feruchemical power. Not to mention what metals steal what powers, bind points for every power, etc... 

If/When he makes an overall Ars Arcanum for the Cosmere or Mistborn Saga, expect maybe the 48-51 we can imagine now and not much more. (Unless Harmony picks up another Shard in the meantime and makes a useable God Metal)

Yeah, I'm not even sure we'll even get information on all possible atium and lerasium alloys and I really don't see Brandon trying to work out anything beyond that, except under exceptional circumstances like maybe clarifying exactly what properties 'Trellium' has in the Metallic Arts. Even there, coming up with thirty-odd names for metal alloys that may or may not see much use onscreen is a lot of work for a small detail. Not that anything like that's ever stopped us from wondering of course. xD

On that note, we know from WoB that atium alloys all have temporal effects in Allomancy and we know that A-Lerasium in an alloy creates uber-Mistings so it's possible that these alloys share a common thread in their Feruchemical and Hemalurgic applications as well. Once we learn what F and H-Lerasium do we might be able to predict the alloys with some degree of accuracy and then refine it if we get specific knowledge of alloys. Telling us what F-Malatium and H-Malatium do would be a great start as well.

18 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

48-51 we can imagine now and not much more. (Unless Harmony picks up another Shard in the meantime and makes a useable God Metal)

Yeah, but I made a few calculations on the page before, and it would be closer to 64-7 than 48-51 (I think)

4 hours ago, Valette Renaitre said:

Yeah, but I made a few calculations on the page before, and it would be closer to 64-7 than 48-51 (I think)

You're technically correct, but I wasn't counting Harmonium Alloys until the the characters can get around the whole "explosive when in contact with water" issue.

• Chaos locked this topic