Duralumin Ninjas

NamelessThirteenth

does a Duraluminmind make you a ninja?

if filling the mind mean sthat you lose connections to other people, does that mean that filling it will make you an instant ninja, without anybody knowing you, with no connections to anybody? and nobody will recognise you? this would be very useful if you are being chased and need to disappear quickly.

What do you guys think??? 

It's one possibility, although we've only explicitly seen Connection so far in Connection to a region (which is how Allik was able to speak the Northern language) and an artificial form of Connection in Secret History. This seems more like a drab not triggering life sense, which might have more to do with the Cognitive Realm.

But either way, I don't think Brandon will make heavy use of this, because you're almost describing the Gray Men from the Wheel of Time. They were assassins so featureless that you would look right past them and not notice them, even when they're getting ready to kill you. Although it would be a cool use of feruchemy, I suspect Brandon might stay away from things that are such obvious parallel's to Jordan's work. (For instance, I don't think some Knights Radiant will be able to use Gateways exactly like we see in Wheel of Time. But we should hopefully see more of that in the next Stormlight book.)

It should be noted that the Grey Men, Traveling and even the nature of the One power are based on reoccurring themes in Fantasy, mythology, religion, folklore, etc. As such i wouldn't be surprised if we see elements that the Wheel of Time fan base will point to and say RJ influenced that. but at the same time i can see influences from Pern, Austar IV, Earthsea, Kelewan, Prydain, Ulm, and others. That being said, i agree BS will be a bit more mindful of the WoT influences as he activly participated in that world.

I personally believe that duralumin stores connections specifically so I could store my connection to @NamelessThirteenth but my connection to @Pagerunner would still intact. and regional connection would again be stored separately. This idea comes form how each sense has to be stored separately. So while ninja would be possible it would require a number of metal minds. and knowledge of who you want to hide from.

• Chaos locked this topic