Ad Astra

Brackcha

Not just that, actually. I just looked, his full schedule is up on his personal page on the Ad Astra site. Here it is..

Friday:
7 pm:  Opening Ceremonies (Richmond A) 
8 -10 pm:  Meet and Greet (ConSuite)

Saturday 
1 pm:  The Art of World Building (Richmond CD)
2 pm:  GOH hour (Richmond CD)
4-6 pm:  Autograph Session (Markham AB)

Sunday 
10am-12 pm: GOH Brunch (Richmond AB)
1 pm: Reading (Richmond CD)
3 pm: The Border of Magic and Science (Aurora)

Man am I jealous, I'm originally from Toronto but cant make it home for this event.  I pretty disappointed in myself.

If anyone is looking for a question to ask, I posted a theory about a month ago regarding the radiant Dalinar seen in his vision at the Purelake.  I'm looking for some confirmation of that, a quick yes or no "Is the radiant from Dalinar's vision in the Purelake a Dustbringer?"

Edited by platnumkid

So being new to the shard I wanted to post my questions that I will be asking Brandon this Saturday,  but please espouse my theories if they are wrong as I really want to ask important questions.

1. Could a Bondsmith bond a dead spren aka a shardblade and a human to create a KR? as in "Unite Them".

2. Is Taln's scar connected to the red star in the Threnody?

3. Could the Knights Radiants summon shardplate like a shardblade? an example is in Dalinar's visions the knights radiants keep removing thier helmets withou him seeing how

4.In the Cosmere is it significant the planet that is on the end of the sword?

5. IS the Giant chasm in the oldest record of the voidbringers bonded with odium spren?

Edited by CosmereAvair

39 minutes ago, CosmereAvair said:

So being new to the shard I wanted to post my questions that I will be asking Brandon this Saturday,  but please espouse my theories if they are wrong as I really want to ask important questions.

1. Could a Bondsmith bond a dead spren aka a shardblade and a human to create a KR? as in "Unite Them".

3. Could the Knights Radiants summon shardplate like a shardblade? an example is in Dalinar's visions the knights radiants keep removing thier helmets withou him seeing how

4.In the Cosmere is it significant the planet that is on the end of the sword?

5. IS the Giant chasm in the oldest record of the voidbringers bonded with odium spren?

Good questions all around. The red star in Threnody's system has been bugging me for a while, and I don't recall anyone asking about it. That being said, 1) will probably be a RAFO, since Oathbringer focuses on the Bondsmiths, and Brandon has been RAFOing questions about them pretty freely. 4) might have an interesting answer, but Brandon didn't actually design the constellations, Isaac Stewart (his art director) did that on his own initiative. Details like that, and Scadrial being in Nalthis's constellation, don't seem to have all that much significance. Also, for 5), are you referring to the chasmfiend shown in one of the WoK illustrations (about two-thirds of the way down this page)?

Ultimately, ask the questions you are interested in, and don't feel like you need to carry water for the greater community. Brandon has an uncanny ability to sense when someone is pulling from a list, and he'll talk a lot more when he can tell you're asking questions you came up with yourself. (But if you don't have a lot of time, I'd recommend asking 1) and 4) last.)

Edited by Pagerunner

38 minutes ago, CosmereAvair said:

Could you elaborate on this one, just for me? It's been some time since I read Shadows.

38 minutes ago, CosmereAvair said:

This smells like a RAFO to me.

2 hours ago, CosmereAvair said:

You may want to phrase this one differently, Brandon could say, 'connected? It's certainly connected somehow' and be really vague. Just off the top of my head, you might want to say something like, 'are the stars in Taln's scar and the star in Threnody red for the same reasons?'

13 minutes ago, Koldun said:

How much do autographs usually cost?

Brandon never charges. Sometimes events will have an entrance fee (or bookstores will make you buy a book), but Brandon does not make money from signing books or taking pictures. Purely promotional.

7 minutes ago, Brackcha said:

I was figuring I might ask about the interactions between a Larkin and a voidbringer thoughts?

Have something specific, or you're just begging for a RAFO. Is there something more specific about that scenario you're wondering about?

5 hours ago, Argent said:

Could you elaborate on this one, just for me? It's been some time since I read Shadows.

This smells like a RAFO to me.

So I wanted to know if The Scar and the star in the Threndoy system were connected. When Odium wounded Ambition did it cause the star to go Red on Threndoy and then when ambition fled to the scar and started turning the stars red. Also I want to be RAFO'd at least once, cause that means I am on to something! =)

Edited by CosmereAvair

I am actually hesitant to read much from the constellation map, as it was designed and drawn by Isaac with very little input from Brandon (as I understand it). I think a lot of the stuff on it is going to be red herrings.

Hey guys, if someone is lacking inspiration for the following days, here are a bunch of questions I think would be interesting to get an answer on :) Just in case someone likes them and wants to ask.

About Shardblades...

1) In the 4 on 1 duel, when Kaladin touches his Shardblade, Relis hears something. Was it actual words? What it the same thing as Kaladin, because Kaladin only speaks of screams while Relis runs away saying: "I didn't kill you.".

2) Still within the duel, we get the feeling Relis is still hearing the screams after dropping his Blade. Is it possible or was it a delayed response?

3) Is there anything special about Relis or would any shardbearer have a similar experience as he in similar circumstances?

4) What would happen if a non-Radiant touches a Shardblade he isn't bonded to at the same time as a Radiant? Would he be hearing the screams or does he need to be bonded to it?

5) What would happen if Adolin were to touch his Shardblade at the same time as a Radiant? What would he be hearing? Screams? Words? Nothing

6) Is the experience physically painful or is it all psychological?

7) We see a lot of characters keep their Blades in their physical form while not touching them (Aladar, Dalinar, Renarin). So what's up with Adolin not being able to throw his? Was it just stress? Can stress ever be high enough to impact a Shardbearer's ability to control his own Blade? He seems to be the only case we witness.

On a more general note...

1) Recently, you have confirmed there would be romantic moments in between Shallan and Kaladin in Oathbringer. What about in between Shallan and Adolin?

2) About relationships... Has Adolin ever been intimate with any of the ladies he dated? Did he ever fell in love with any?

3) Does Dalinar love his sons in an equal manner?

These aren't Cosmere oriented, but they would definitely help with some of the discussions going on within the wonderful world of characters, so if anyone has an interest, I'd be eternally grateful.

Hi guys, I got another possible question: "In the Arcanum Unbounded star chart for the Rosharan and Drominad Systems, the suns in the charts are sixteen-pointed, is this intentional/significant?" 

This comes from something I recently realized, the Rosharan sun in the Rosharan star-chart is half-covered, but by extrapolating the top half (which has 8-points), you can tell that there is 16-points in total, similar to the Drominad system sun. Seems fishy to me, given that 16 is so cosmere-centric, moreover only these 2 systems have this unique feature. 

If anyone has the chance could you possibly ask this question? 

Hero of ages spoilers

Spoiler

If Ruin and Preservation would have combined into something different than Harmony (since we know it could have been something different if Sazed had a different intent) would the resulting God metal have different allomantic / feruchemic properties? 

12 minutes ago, Kinnsayyy said:

If anyone has the chance could you possibly ask this question? 

Hero of ages spoilers

Hide contents

If Ruin and Preservation would have combined into something different than Harmony (since we know it could have been something different if Sazed had a different intent) would the resulting God metal have different allomantic / feruchemic properties? 

Wait... What? Source on Sazed's input into that please?

Intents aren't based on the Vessel, they're based on the Shard itself. While at first, one might be more free with the power, eventually, they'll be consumed by it, using it only as its Intent allows them to. Harmony isn't his true Intent, it's what he's called. Much like Ruin didn't actually have the Intent of Deepness, his true Intents are Ruin and Preservation, and they would be the same with any Vessel. Basically, Intents are a thing of the Shards, not the Vessels

24 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Wait... What? Source on Sazed's input into that please?

I can't find it anywhere now but I swear I remember reading that if someone else picked up ruin and preservation it wouldn't be Harmony and that the two would have mixed in a  different way. 

Brandon: There’s another name Harmony could go by if he weren’t able to control the conflict between his halves… Have you guys figured that one out yet?  Oh, I’m not going to say anything.  *to Zas* You have it on recording… I was pretty sneaky with that one so I don’t know if you have it or not.

Source.