Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

So does this mean we go after Manukos next turn?

Then we can lynch myself, then Wilson cos no-one needs her :P 

Wilson is probably worth keeping, if only because soothing could be useful near the very end (if it reaches that far).

@Manukos do you have anything to say for yourself?  Any roles to claim?

LG32: Day Twelve - Lies

The village was all there, sleeping close together to ensure that no-one would get split off and die. There was Willie Kara, mostly a trusted voice by the others. There was also Elenion, who had slept non-stop for the most recent days. He would have to go first, I decided. 

And so it was that Elenion died, with a knife in the throat and a hand around his mouth to stop any sounds. Unfortunately, everyone seemed to have developed a sense for death during the test, and the whole Village awoke, wary of any strangers. The Phantom Stranger was staying away from Willie, wary of any backstabbings. A worthy target.

The Phantom Stranger saw only my smile before he died, teeth gleaming in the dark. Sharpened teeth have their uses, though being able to see others while biting is certainly an advantage. Naturally, everyone started running away from the mysterious murderer, which is a shame. Don’t have the time to chase down everyone, so I’ll just have to order the Coinshots to do their job. They weren’t just for show, ya know?

Astrid, Rieyun, Jelwynd, Quond and The Follower were all shot down nearly instantly. And by nearly, I mean only the Follower survived the first shots, and even he was dead by the second volley. I absentmindedly pointed at the one who missed the Follower initially, and heard the satisfying sound of a man coughing out his blood. Only the best can be accepted, after all.

Looks like there’s just seven left now. Willie Kara was still alive and kicking, trying to Soothe me as if that would achieve anything. The others were either scrambling to find a weapon or slowly accepting their fate, realising that the test meant nothing. I guess living a few days longer is a reward? But that doesn’t matter, now it was time to carry on with killing.

Of those Seven left, I simply had to keep on with my Coinshots killing them. I was losing my dramatic flair the longer time went on, ya know? So, everyone say goodbye to Roger, Alrin, David and Ryth. This time, the Coinshots were accurate, which isn’t really that notable when it’s the usual. 

Only Reval, Willie and Garshin left. And you know what? One of them will live. They were already fated to win from before I even sent the letters out, which must certainly be confusing those who are reading this. ‘I thought the test was pointless?’, you might be saying. In which case, you’re still right. But anyway, it was time for me to finally use my Gift.

Oh, I can’t tell you about my Gift. It’s confidential, sorry. Guess we’ll have to skip the details of how Garshin ended up being used as a Garnish for my dinner, or how Willie was transmuted into soap (a very bubbly one) and ended up soothing my muscles after all this hard work. Instead, we’ll get to the only Survivor.

‘Reval?’, you might be thinking again, mysterious audience. How does he even fit the role of my Apprentice? And in response, how do you think all this bloodshed and murder will change him? He will either rise to the challenge, or be demoted to highly-skilled-butcher. His first task? A simple one, really. 

Deal with this mess.

Kipper died to inactivity. They were The Inquisitor

The Village have won!

Eliminator doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16fekHWPyMxxY6FJoHvxAYTs9edkim_8OQSeA1s4YilE
Spectator/Dead doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13sR2L-Wu5X0RKCNNNv6wLmuo7XE66B4PwNib0H_wz1w

The Master spreadsheet will be uploaded when it’s in a vaguely useful state.

Thank you all for playing! I had great fun, and hope you did, too.

I’d like to offer thanks to El, who stepped in on a number of occasions to help out when timings were going to be an issue.

Most of all, though, I’d like to thank Stink. His writeups have provided a great deal of amusement to me, and eased the burden on GMing significantly. He’s been wonderfully supportive with a great many elements of the game, and has been a fantastic co-GM.

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin - Regular Villager
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn - Regular Villager
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel - Regular Villager
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Villager
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger - Regular Villager
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar - Village Soother
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe - Regular Spiked
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin - Village Lurcher
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth d13: Arraenae - Rhea - Spiked Pewterarm
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon - Village Tineye
15. little wilson - Willie Klara - Village Soother
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Villager
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold - Regular Villager
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Villager
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun - Regular Villager
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm - The Inquisitor
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Villager
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd - Regular Villager
25. Figberts - Quond - Village Rioter
26. Mark IV - The Follower - Village Soother
27. Manukos - Reval - Regular Villager
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot]
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

Well, I can honestly say I didn't expect Kipper to be the Inquisitor, though I hadn't entirely written off the possibility. I probably would've suggested going after him after Manukos and OmeGaster, since by then, risking a Pewter spike conversion to keep the game from dragging on any longer would've been worth it.

I'm sad that Aman died so early. *Shakes head at Aonar* I was really looking forward to working with him. And his emotional allomancy plan worked beautifully. (And I return the high five you gave me from the grave, Aman :P )

Oh, and Jon: I didn't soothe you because I suspected you. On the contrary, I thought that soothe would go through because I'd decided to soothe you back when the vote was much closer, and then when I placed the order, I just didn't change my decided-on target. So....yeah. And then because I was worried about offensive smoking, I went back and looked at a couple of your recent posts and realized that you were probably evil. I do kind of feel bad about the way that kill happened with no warning, but at the same time, that's what made me confess to Rand the next night, which in turn lit a fire under his butt to figure out who the Coinshot was so he could survive. :(

Hey guys, good game.

I'd like to apologize to @Ornstein for killing him. At that point we where convinced that the coinshot was a new(er) player, and we where ruling them out through bronze-spike seeks and kills. If it makes you feel any better, if we'd figured out we where looking at the wrong group of players earlier, the game might just have gone quite differently.

I'm still dissapointed that the soother who snapped when I got converted never stepped forward, as that would have resulted in some interesting chaos.

Garshin found himself floating above a sea of mist.  Thoughts entered his head from somewhere outside:

"Our apologies about your former body.  The terms of bringing you back in time had clear stipulations, but that entity has never been much of one for following rules.  A new body will be provided for you for the next round."

Next round?  But even as he had the thought, he understood.  Herwynbe's rambling about past contents had not been pure nonsense.  There would be more trials to come, before he could return to his own time and place.

To be continued...

Edited by Yitzi2

• 1 month later...

Well folks, it's long past time we locked up this game and preserve it for all eternity.  I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I thank both Orlok and Stink for running this wonderful game.  The write ups were a delight to read.

Congratulations to the village for finding and killing all the Spiked.  Those of us who died in LG2 salute you for avenging us. :P 

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson, Metacognition or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our 
Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

If you would like to play,
L35: Miserables and QF24: Eliminating Elysium are open for sign ups but will be closing soon so sign up and start killing your fellow Sharders.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!