Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

Dear Jelwynd

You have been invited to Fadrex, by the will of Lord Tekiel. And to refuse such an offer would be unprecedented. So First, I shall inform you that anyone reading this letter has a certain quality that we find extraordinary, and we wish to only grow your potential. Whether that be the will to survive these turbulent times, or a certain affinity for anything pointed, we have considered everything.

However, we cannot accept everyone that has been invited, so we must first run a simple entrance test. Anyone that passes this test will be allowed in to Fadrex, and if you fail the test, well, we won’t have to worry about that.

You will find enclosed within the letter all the information that you need to know before the test starts.

We hope to see you next week.

Sincerely,
The Court Fool

Jelwynd finished reading the note, and scratched his head in confusion. What extraordinary quality did they believe him to possess? He was unremarkable in nearly every way. Unless... No. They had no way of knowing of his feruchemical powers. He'd carefully hidden his Terris ancestry since his birth to avoid the carefully regimented breeding programs and feruchemy extermination campaigns undergone periodically by The Lord Ruler; while he hesitated to oppose the man who claimed to be God himself, he also didn't particularly want to become a eunuch. That sort of operation doubtlessly hurt, and with his knowledge of past medical procedures and the comparative archaism of modern techniques, he hesitated to let any of the Lord Ruler's doctors near him. Hopefully, with that tyrant's recent demise, the worst of his policies had died with him.

So, then, what could be the reason for this mysterious note appearing in his room in the middle of the night? Suddenly, he alighted on the answer. A few weeks back, he'd been forced to guard himself against a group of robbers, and had needed to tap his pewtermind to ensure victory. As he left, he warned the incapacitated robbers not to continue their disreputable line of work, as the next 'allomancer' they encountered would not be so kind as to let them live. He'd thought that would be enough to cover his tracks; few men who picked fights with allomancers would admit it for fear of persecution by Obligators, and those who did would rarely be believed. Still, though, he figured that one of these men must have given his description to another and so on until the news reached Lord Tekiel. He sighed. This would mean he'd have to attend, simply because he did not wish to draw yet more attention. While there, he'd have to masquerade as a Thug, too, just in case his suspicion was right. He certainly hoped he could pull it off. Now, if only he could remember which metal that particular type of allomancer burned, he'd be set

Edited by Bugsy6912

This city having the ising of much difference from Luthadel. Ising the having of fewer people. Still ising the having of capitalist economy: ising poverty, ising dreadful class system, ising slums, ising corruption. Ising a bad place to live. But ising hope, if ising a figurehead to rally behind for the making of dreadful class system ising no more.

Quinn barged through the front door of the office into the modest building where he worked. It was situated near the center of the city, a good position for the business, and the rent was cheap. Edith sat at the front desk, looking over some papers. Her gray hair was in a bun, and her glasses sat on the end of her nose. She was a noble, but a poor one. Her father had gone bankrupt, but the boss had been kind enough to employ her. She was an exceptional secretary. Quinn leaned against the wall, slightly winded.

"Good morning, Edith," he said. Edith peered at him over the rims of her glasses and nodded, then looked back at her papers. "Good morning to you as well. The boss wants to see you in the back. There is someone to see you," she said. Quinn gulped. The boss wanted to see him? And he was late! Oh, terrible, terrible things. He walked down the corridor and entered the room at the end.

Oooo, Quinn's in trouble! 

Behave yourself.

The boss sat at his desk, with a man sitting in front of him. The boss had dressed sharply, as usual, with a black suit, free of ash, and a red tie. His pale severe face looked at Quinn, and the boss gestured to a chair in front of him.

"There, have a seat." The boss's voice was deep. "We have been expecting you."

Quinn sat down and tapped his leg nervously. "I'm very sorry, Mr. Loreli. My dearest apologies," Quinn said. The boss nodded, giving Quinn a look. It could have meant anything, but Quinn expected the worst. The boss gestured to the other man, who Quinn had declined to notice initially.

"This is an associate of Lord Tekiel," the boss said. Quinn looked at the associate. The man wore a suit and a tie with the colors of House Tekiel. The man was also very tall, and if Quinn was correct, very muscular underneath that suit. Too bad he had left his pewtermind at home...

This is not going to end well.

This is one of the times I agree with you.

"I believe you received our message, Mr... Quinn?" The associate asked. He had a flat voice, not as deep as the boss's, that carried an air of superiority with it. Quinn reached into his suit and retrieved the letter. The associate took it and handed it to the boss.

"There, evidence. I assure you, you will be compensated for anything unfortunate by House Tekiel. Now, Quinn will be coming with me," the associate said. The boss skimmed through the letter and raised an eyebrow.

"The Court Fool? Does he have authority to hold such an event under the name of Lord Tekiel?" The boss asked.

"He does. No more questions, I leave now." The associate stood up and grabbed Quinn's arm. The boss stood simultaneously and stared hard into the associate's face.

"Let go of my employee," the boss demanded.

"Unfortunately, I will not." Then the associate slid something into his mouth and punched through the wall. Quinn gaped. It must be one of those people who eat metal... Allomancers! That's what they're called. The boss fell into his chair. The associate stepped through the hole and dragged Quinn with him into the alley. Then the associate punched Quinn in the face, knocking him out cold.

What a great way to end the morning. Now this is when we talk about ourselves.

Oh good, my favorite thing to do.

But that'll be in the next post.

Oh, come on!

Tekiel. 

Quond read the letter over again. Tekiel. The real Tekiel. It might even be funny if he weren't so angry. Quond put the letter down on the table, and took a boxing out of his pocket. He shot it on the table and through the letter, through the flimsy table, and onto the ground. It almost went through the floor.

Tekeil. After years of searching for him, Tekeil had offered himself up. The man who killed his father. The man who broke his House. Teikel. He would die. Quond picked up the boxing and put it back in his pocket. 

It was time to get ready.

Signing up as Quond!

Dear Rieyun,

You have been invited to Fadrex, by the will of Lord Tekiel. And to refuse such an offer would be unprecedented. So First, I shall inform you that anyone reading this letter has a certain quality that we find extraordinary, and we wish to only grow your potential. Whether that be the will to survive these turbulent times, or a certain affinity for anything pointed, we have considered everything.

However, we cannot accept everyone that has been invited, so we must first run a simple entrance test. Anyone that passes this test will be allowed in to Fadrex, and if you fail the test, well, we won’t have to worry about that.

You will find enclosed within the letter all the information that you need to know before the test starts.

We hope to see you next week.

Sincerely,
The Court Fool

Ry reread the letter for what seemed like the millionth time.

"Ja above!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. 

He knew that he shouldn't use the exalted's name in vain, but he was REALLY frustrated. How had they found him? More importantly, how did they know his real name? He had been using various nom de plumes for as long as he could remember, no one knew his real name except him and his parents. And they weren't telling anybody. They're dead. He killed them, after all.

Ry shook himself out of his stupor. Grief was a luxury he could not afford right now. He needed to figure out what to do. Why would Tekiel want to contact him? He hadn't robbed from since Lord Ruler when he was on his few layer jobs. Had his suppliers ratted him out? No, they hadn't known his name (he was going by the name T'K'ldurian Fanchanza at the time) and they CERTAINLY didn't know his current location. Not through lack of trying of course, he has had to slit made than a few throats since then.

Either way, he should probably go. After all, they had sent a letter instead of attempting to him get him to go there by force, which was probably a good sign. This Jester person also seems to harbor some ulterior motive, which piqued Ry's curiosity. Besides, he had nothing to lose, except his life, of course. But that was of no use to anybody but himself.

He sighed, then started towards Tekiel.

Ry was walking through the crowd towards Tekiel when he heard a voice that caught his attention

"Do you know where Lord Tekiel is?"

He whipped around, searching for the location of sound. 

"I do not know where Lord Tekiel is, and I must be going, or I will be late!" 

There!

He found the source just in time to see a man yelling at a young lady as he marched away. Ry stepped towards her.

"How rude," he said, "hurry or not, there is no excuse for being that impolite."

Ry turned to face the woman, who looked reasonably cheerful, if not a bit taken aback by her recent encounter, "Why the Ja decided to create such a person is beyond me. It must be to make up for all the ones like yourself. Now, you said you were headed to Tekiel?"

She nodded.

"Splendid, we can go together! My current name is Hu Flung Pu, what's yours?"

--------------------

In case @Arraenae felt unwelcome ^_^.

Also, yes the name he just said is a joke.

Edit: Praise the Ja

Edited by OmeGaster
Forgot to Praise the Ja

Tsk tsk

Forgot to praise the Ja @OmeGaster:P

-----------------------------

It was a dark and misty night, the mist came in tendrils- except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent jump of an allomancer which swirled and disturbed the translucent fingers, sweeping the cobbled streets (for it is in Fadrex our story lies), chilling the air, and lessening the sight of those who wished to see in the darkness furthermore. Our "protagonist", a dark man with a darker soul, draped in his trademark trench coat, strides down the broken pavement, a curious mechanical device in his hand. 

It had been almost a week since the fateful letter had arrived, still heavy in the stranger's pocket. Like a phantom, he sneaks through the night, an occasional gleam of metal breaking sight. He strode with a purpose, a purpose indeed, for he was invited to the House Tekiel. A test, they proclaimed, for which all to compete (yet what it is about? Well, we are yet to see). 

The street opened wider, like the maw of a beast, opened to snap unto it's unwitting prey. Calmly he thundered down the cobblestone street, slowly leaving behind the structures, wreathed in mist. A shadow in the cloak of mist and darkness, darker than the very expanse of the void known as space. He descended upon the front gate of House Tekiel. 

Now, to make sure I leave these gates alive.

------------------------

Purple Prose is fun . I need to do more of it :D

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

After much thought and deliberation, I, The Follower, have decided to join the proceedings. I shall not be sure about my activity levels, but I shall try my best to speak as frequently as possible. 

Just a disclaimer:

Being very faithful to my deity, The Ja, my actions shall aim, at most times, to fulfill my faith. If you have any doubts as to what this means, please do consult with my copper minds (read: The Coppermind) and ask what faith we preach. 

However, my posts shall not be very coherent, for all this talk of 'consuming' metals is quite confounding. I do not understand why, or how one could consume metals in Feruchemy. 

Praise the Ja

that's two cosmetic roles, to avoid confusion

Edited by Mark IV
The Ja shall prevail!

57 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

I was originally going to run the Second Nameless, but @Amanuensis still hasn't posted the finale to LG30, so I think Amnar is up again.

Well I'm back from my trip to Machu Pichu, so you can expect the finale soon. I'm hoping I can finish it tonight, but I don't want to make a promise I can't keep. It is my top priority right now though, just need to take care of a few things for work first.

That being said, I am signing up as Mykal. I hope I will get the opportunity to roleplay because I have plans for this character, but I don't want to delay LG30's write up any longer than I have already. Likewise I'm not going to be as active as I usually am until it's up.

Edited this just to say good luck everyone, and that I hope you all have fun.

Editing this one more time to provide some information on my character. Mykal is a kandra that's been hired by Lady Elosa Renaud, who is the actual person invited by Lord Tekiel for the test. What that means is for the intents and purposes of this game, Elosa should be the character who gets voted on (if you do it via roleplay) and interacted with on a mechanical level (also she would be the one who dies, not Mykal. I've got plans for him beyond this game and thus cannot risk him dying). The reason I am signing up as Mykal instead of Elosa is mostly from a roleplay stand point, as I will be telling her story through the "man" pretending to be her fiance. It hasn't been mentioned whether invitees can bring a plus one, but whether its allowed or not, Lady Elosa is determined enough to make it happen (she usually ends up getting her way).

Edited by Amanuensis

Day One: Titles are Overrated

Dear __________

You may have disliked the kidnapping that you have no doubt experienced, but we expect you to easily overcome such an issue. We hope you enjoy the experience that is being provided to you by the Lord Tekiel, and his infinite amount of boxings. They’re obviously not actually infinite, but they might as well be at this point, considering the place you’re in.

Now, some of you might be waiting for me to describe the kind of area you’re in, although I have no idea why I would do such a thing. You have eyes of your own, why don’t you use them? I shouldn’t have to spoonfeed you on all the details of whatever might be happening, otherwise you’ve already failed the test. 

You might also be expecting Lord Tekiel to speak to you, but why would he speak to some lowlife outsiders? That was a bit rude, sorry. Sometimes I forget that you outsiders think you’re better than anyone in Fadrex, as if that was even possible. Anyway, I have a few things that I must do now, like setting up one of you to die at some point tonight. 

Have Fun!

Sincerely,
The Court Fool

(PS, if you think this letter is too short, then I’ll have you know that your Outsider opinion doesn’t matter anyway) 

Long Game 32 has begun! You have 48 hours to decide who to lynch. PMs are now open. 

blu_1490738400.png

Player list:

Spoiler

Player list:
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton
19. Araris Valerian - Wol
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion
23. Sart - Gaetan
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry
29. Ecthelion - Amnar
30. Amanuensis - Mykal

Edited by Alvron

• Alvron locked this topic

Oh look, he's come 'round now.

Yeah, so that's how I found chouta... oh he's awake.

Errr... do you realize that our backstory didn't get posted?

What?! Nooooooooo!

Quinn rubbed his temples and glanced around. His outfit was still intact, his wristwatch still there. He was in a grand hall of a sort, with a single long table in the center. Chairs lined it, and in those chairs sat people. Very many people, men and women, wearing all sorts of clothing. He spotted the trench coat man, and the woman that he met on the street. He winced inwardly-- he hadn't been very kind then. Grand chandeliers hung overhead, and the pillars had a gilded lattice running the length of them. There was the sounding of a gong, and a clap. Quinn looked in the direction of the noise, and beheld a burst of smoke. From the smoke walked a strangely dressed man, wearing yellow tassels on his coat and a pointed red cap. He waved to them cheerily.

"Hello, Outsiders! Good day to you all. Welcome to Keep Tekiel, I hope your stay is... 'acceptable'. If you would please refer to your letters..." the man said. Quinn looked down, and there was a letter on the table! He opened it and read its contents.

12 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Day One: Titles are Overrated

Dear "Quinn"

You may have disliked the kidnapping that you have no doubt experienced, but we expect you to easily overcome such an issue. We hope you enjoy the experience that is being provided to you by the Lord Tekiel, and his infinite amount of boxings. They’re obviously not actually infinite, but they might as well be at this point, considering the place you’re in.

Now, some of you might be waiting for me to describe the kind of area you’re in, although I have no idea why I would do such a thing. You have eyes of your own, why don’t you use them? I shouldn’t have to spoonfeed you on all the details of whatever might be happening, otherwise you’ve already failed the test. 

You might also be expecting Lord Tekiel to speak to you, but why would he speak to some lowlife outsiders? That was a bit rude, sorry. Sometimes I forget that you outsiders think you’re better than anyone in Fadrex, as if that was even possible. Anyway, I have a few things that I must do now, like setting up one of you to die at some point tonight. 

Have Fun!

Sincerely,
The Court Fool

(PS, if you think this letter is too short, then I’ll have you know that your Outsider opinion doesn’t matter anyway) 

Quinn raised an eyebrow and looked back up at the strange man. But he was gone, nowhere to be seen. Quinn glanced around the spacious hall, but there was no sign of the yellow tasseled coat or pointed cap.

Weirdo.

That's not very polite.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Perhaps.

Okay firts what I would say... that I still don't get my GM PM so I don't know my role. And also I have question:

INQUISITOR: Somehow, you've managed to hide amongst the crew. You must have a very good (and very large) pair of sunglasses.

Like the Mistborn, there's only one of you, but whenever a Misting dies, you can convert a different player to your side with the role of the dead Misting. You can only do this with the freshly dead though, so the conversion must happen during the very next night turn. To aide you in quest, Ruin has granted you [X] number of special abilities. The number of these abilities will depend on how many players are in the game.

To convert another player, you need a dead Misting and one of your Ruin granted abilities. Your target will have a 50% chance to gain the powers of the dead Misting and your Ruin granted power will be used up. The sacrificed power will then be revealed to everyone. If you give up your final Ruin power, you will die. You cannot convert the Mistborn.

That's quote from rules for LG2... so question. Is that same for this game and Inquisitor needs dead misting to convert someone?

17 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Okay firts what I would say... that I still don't get my GM PM so I don't know my role. And also I have question:

That's quote from rules for LG2... so question. Is that same for this game and Inquisitor needs dead misting to convert someone?

All PMs have now been sent.

You are quite correct - the Inquisitor must have a dead misting to convert someone.

Herwynbe walked into town, brushing the ash and travel dust from his robes. The streets were deserted, which was odd for this time of day. He straightened, and ran a hand over the stubble on his shaved head. Where is everybody?

Ahead a group of figures wearing dark clothing stepped out of a side street, they paused in surprise when they saw the Terrisman. 

Herwynbe spoke. "Ah, good day to you gentlemen. I'm a little late, but I received this mysterious letter."

He waved the letter in the air, and the group of men scowled, glancing at each other. Without speaking they moved to surround the Terrisman, who was grinning happily. "Ah," he said, "I found the right place, I think."

Something slammed into the back of Herwynbe's head, and everything went black. 

So I meant to post this before the game started, but I've been too busy this weekend. And now I'm being summoned for family dinner, so I'll continue this a little later.  

Apparently Kipper hasing of the vendetta against me, and Orlok ising the putting of my name as Kipper's character's name. Ising the confirming of troll GM. :D

Why the ising of the being of the kidnapping of me? Not of the ising of robbery... ooh, a man ising the wearing of a gaudy outfit. Hasing the much jingling. Ising the being of the Court Fool? Yes, hasing the stride of authority. But why the kidnapping of me? Ising for extortion? Ising a corrupt capitalist plot?

Okay. I'd just like to say this now: I cannot understand High Imperial at all. I'll need translations for all gameplay-related things said in High Imperial. Translations can be done similar to the way Sart did it in AG3 or some other way, but they'll have to be in plain English. I get that CRs are fun, but I'd like to have a way to know what is actually getting said.

@OmeGaster/Rieyun! Welcome to SE. Please say something so I know that you're paying attention to this game.

Translation of previous post:

Game-related part (sorta): Apparently Kipper's got a vendetta against me, and now Orlok has listed my username as Kipper's character name. Troll GM confirmed.

RP: Why would they have kidnapped me? Not for robbery... oh, look, a man in a gaudy outfit that jingles. The court fool? Yes, because he walks like he's got authority of some sort. But why kidnap me? Extortion? A corrupt capitalist plot?

Wow. This came up quickly on me. I haven't even had time to think up a character yet! I'll do so tomorrow and start actually doing something then. In the mean time, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm still alive. 

One thing that I will say and this is partially due to the fact that I GMed the first iteration of this game, but we can't just sit back and bide our time. There's a good chance that the Inquisitor will be capable of fooling any Seekers so we can't rely on them to sniff him/her out. 

Also, I'm assuming that there is at least one Tineye, right Orlok? Are PMs available? And while I highly doubt that the Inquisitor has Uber-Tin (I greatly discouraged it before just because of how much of a pain it was!), that doesn't mean that we can be lax with them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Inquisitor has some ability related to PMs after all. So please, everyone, be careful with what you say! Last time, the Villagers basically gave themselves away in PMs and that let the Inquisitor know exactly who to hit. Let's not make that mistake again!