Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

LG32: Day Nine - An Exciting Party

Dear _________

Do you expect me to go on about some ‘You did X…’ or something? Well you’d be wrong, because I’m not gonna do that. Instead, I’m gonna talk about what I did.

I didn’t kill anyone recently, which I’ve been told is not good for my mental health. ‘Course, the person that told me killing was bad is now dead, after I realised how wise they truly were. But that was not that long ago, so everything is fine now. 

I actually ended up taking some art classes! Apparently I’m ‘gifted’, according to my teacher. The art speaks on a deep level about the tragedy of the death of The Lord Ruler, and how people overcame that disaster. Don’t know how they got that from a carrot, but clearly I’m not that artistically talented yet. 

Sadly I must now take my leave, my next art piece is going to new a few litres of blood, and I don’t particularly feel like donating. 

Until Next Time,
The Court Artist

Tineye Message:

Hello everyone! Its-a-me, Lopen the Tineye! Sorry for not sending more messages, but I was afraid I'd get converted and then I'd be in a tough spot. But, I figured since the Inquisitor can't convert right now, this would be the best time to reveal myself. Hopefully I'm not dead. Also, sorry to those of you who I lied to. There was a way to figure out my lie though, which I actually pointed out to some. My vote was Rioted Day 1, meaning I couldn't have turned my Coppercloud off yet. So, if someone had figured out my lie, I had decided to reveal my true role to them. I claimed to Mark very early as Tineye, but he went inactive, so I decided to keep my options open. Anyways, that's all I have to say, unless I'm still alive of course. 

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Crewmember
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea - Pewterarm
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Crewmember
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot]
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

Yeah, that is weird...works for me though! I feel like this means the Steel Spike didn't take, which is excellent.

Since the beginning. I only ever sent 2 messages, the one about "this is not a secret message" and then the one where the capitalizations spell "TEST." :P

And I suppose I'll put my vote on Rae once again. Discussion is really low though, so, I feel like we need some idea's to help things along. Anyone got anything? We could all reveal our roles or something. I just did after all. :P I have a good amount of information, so I could just dump it all. People might get mad at me if I did that though... >>

Ah, so we started with two Tineyes, and now it seems one of them (Rae) has been converted.

And even if the steel spike didn't take, there should still have been one kill attempt...

And I'd like to get confirmation that there wasn't a foiled kill attempt (or two) before discussing any further suspicions.

Alright, in response to the allegations from last Night:

I'm not the Inquisitor, unless the Inquisitor has Uber-Tin that can post messages. Otherwise, I could have saved myself a whole lot of trouble by explaining that I'd just forgotten to post a message and that next Night I would do it. Really, do I seem like someone who would forget to post a tin message, create an implausible story about being the front for a Tineye, vote on myself, and forget that I had Pewter if I was the Inquisitor? :P I hope not.

Also, Headshot, I'm wounded. :( I'm not really a witch, am I?

@TheMightyLopen, congrats to you for outing yourself. I would've done that too, but it seemed like a good way to gain entrance to the Dead Doc. I also thought that I would avoid mayoring if nobody knew who I was. You probably should arrange protection for yourself, though, since you probably just earned a spot on the elims' hit list.

You only have one kill per night. I could see using that on a Tineye if you thought you'd get another spike the same cycle so you could use the other spike to convert, but tin is pretty useless in terms of power and considering that the steel spike didn't take, you kind of need something a little better. Honestly, your comment reads more like an attempt to put village protection on a person you have no intention of trying to attack.

Your banter with HH seems like the banter between two teammates sharing a joke rather than two people on opposite teams. I rather think HH is the Inquisitor.

Oh, and for full disclosure, I'm 97.8% certain Hero was the steel spike convert. Shortly after that conversion happened, I had someone claim to have snapped into Lurcher that night, and Hero tried to pull all the village protection onto himself in the first part of last night, and then was inactive during the second part (I think he was supposed to send in the kill order but couldn't get back online or forgot). His reasoning was because he was worried about being double tapped, even though I told him that even if the steel spike took, it was clear they didn't care about killing him because they could've used Uber Iron on him back on the night after he claimed to tap him once and get it over with. Why wait until they have to double tap him because they no longer have Uber Iron? He acknowledged I was right, yet still insisted that the other Lurcher (there's another besides Hero and the now snapped) protect him. So yeah. I think Hero is evil.

My vote is on Rae. She just tacitly confessed to having been a Tineye so clearly her excuse about Mark was a ruse to lynch another villager. She's spiked through and through. Not that I had any doubts about that but I should think her post above should assuage any fears others may have.

Rae. Obviously. 

@OrlokTsubodai I'd also be interested in confirmation about whether an attack was attempted and blocked or whether no attack was made at all. Whichever is the case gives us important clues about who the inquisitor/Spiked are.

I'm pretty sure it's the latter though, because my lurch didn't block a kill last night.

Re: @little wilson: I can confirm that I expected the Spiked to double-tap me of the steel spike took, but that's because I didn't think things through enough and make the connection that they could have used uber-iron to redirect my protection and then kill me any time they wanted to. Once you pointed that out to me I realized you were right and dropped that line of thinking. 

And while I wasn't very active during the second half of last cycle, that was only because I had already submitted my lurch order (myself) early in the cycle and didn't have anything else I felt worth discussing until after the cycle ended, plus  I've been very busy with work and other activities the past several days.  However I was still active enough that (if I were Spiked) I could (and would) have easily submitted a kill order on someone

I'm curious though. @Arraenae, it's pretty obvious your Spiked. Why didn't you submit a kill order last night?

As for the snapped player... well, that doesn't bode well for me. :wacko: Of course a snapped Lurcher doesn't guarantee that the convert was a lurcher and yadda yadda, but TBH I'm surprised I'm still alive at all. I knew what trust I had gained was only a temporary thing, and I wouldn't blame anyone who wanted to lynch me next cycle. Wilson knows who all the lurchers are, so she's probably got the best read on which of them to trust or not. Unless she's Spiked. <__<

@little wilson Care to sooth me (or someone else you suspect isn't smoked) today to prove whether you're still a Soother? 

Minor quibble with @little wilson here. I'm still as village as ever. All that's changed is that I have a nice new earring now, and I'm been hearing voices telling me to kill things. Currently the voice is telling me to kill people, but I'm trying to ignore them. Why would I kill people? What have they ever done to me, besides accusing me of being Spiked?

Unless... nah, pretty sure Wilson's not Spiked. She demonstrated her power, right?

I'm voting on Rae to prove I can still "interact with the material world," Magestar says. What material world could he be talking about? Everything here is digital. Nothing here is material, Magestar, except for whatever device you use to access this.

21 hours ago, Elenion said:

@TheMightyLopenI saw your TEST message, but I kept it quiet because I didn't know who might have sent it. I honestly thought it was a new player.

Rae

That was the point. ;) Also Mark wanted me to prove my role, so I told him exactly what I was sending, and at the time, I was really sleepy and didn't want to think of anything complicated. XD

20 hours ago, Arraenae said:

@TheMightyLopen, congrats to you for outing yourself. I would've done that too, but it seemed like a good way to gain entrance to the Dead Doc. I also thought that I would avoid mayoring if nobody knew who I was. You probably should arrange protection for yourself, though, since you probably just earned a spot on the elims' hit list.

Like Wilson said, Tin isn't a good power for a convert, so unless you want to waste a kill on me, I should be okay. And this way you won't want to convert me either. It's really a win-win, and if I die, it's still a win, since LG33 is about to start. So it's actually a win-win-win. :P I'd rather survive though, surviving is nice and I've been dying a lot recently. :(

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

;)

Like Wilson said, Tin isn't a good power for a convert, so unless you want to waste a kill on me, I should be okay. And this way you won't want to convert me either. It's really a win-win, and if I die, it's still a win, since LG33 is about to start. So it's actually a win-win-win. :P I'd rather survive though, surviving is nice and I've been dying a lot recently. :(

To be honest, before Wilson brought that up, I would have considered you a completely viable kill. Lack of strategic thinking sucks at times. :P

Just make sure to post a message each cycle, before you end up like

Sorry about that, the voice in my head was getting a bit loud there. Anyways, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I got my ears pierced recently! PM me if you want pictures.

11 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

To be honest, before Wilson brought that up, I would have considered you a completely viable kill. Lack of strategic thinking sucks at times. :P

Just make sure to post a message each cycle, before you end up like

Sorry about that, the voice in my head was getting a bit loud there. Anyways, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I got my ears pierced recently! PM me if you want pictures.

Well I am active. Which always makes someone a viable kill target. But yeah, I'm not a good target. ;)

I have a feeling there's more blood involved than normal, so I'll pass, thanks. >>

On 4/21/2017 at 9:05 PM, Arraenae said:

Alright, in response to the allegations from last Night:

I'm not the Inquisitor, unless the Inquisitor has Uber-Tin that can post messages. Otherwise, I could have saved myself a whole lot of trouble by explaining that I'd just forgotten to post a message and that next Night I would do it. Really, do I seem like someone who would forget to post a tin message, create an implausible story about being the front for a Tineye, vote on myself, and forget that I had Pewter if I was the Inquisitor? :P I hope not.

Also, Headshot, I'm wounded. :( I'm not really a witch, am I?

Of course you're not the Inquisitor.  Our theory is that you are a former Tineye who was then converted with the Thug spike, which took.

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Like Wilson said, Tin isn't a good power for a convert, so unless you want to waste a kill on me, I should be okay.

And we presume that when Rae was converted, someone else snapped, so it wouldn't even take out our PMing capability if they kill you.

11 hours ago, Arraenae said:

I'm voting on Rae to prove I can still "interact with the material world," Magestar says. What material world could he be talking about? Everything here is digital. Nothing here is material, Magestar, except for whatever device you use to access this.

Ouch.  I don't have a reason to be suspicious of you beyond those already stated, so I waxed poetic instead.

I thought it was a rather nice turn of phrase, though.

Why do I insist on turning every single post into an RP? No idea.

Quond banged his head against wall. Nope, not a full mistborn. Still hurt, pewter didn't work. Hmph. He reread the letter, and decided that once his house was fixed and Teikel was killed, he might buy some of this art just for fun. Ah, well. Quond walked off to kill Rae.