Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

10 hours ago, Arraenae said:

... did you even read what I'd said? It's supposed to reference me. There's no point being a front for a Tineye if the messages don't point to me.

If you were going to be a front for a Tineye, you'd want the messages to obviously point to you and not-so-obviously point to the real Tineye; after all, the whole point of the messages is so that the Tineye can use them to identify to friends who he really is.

IMPORTANT EDIT: What impact does UberIron have on the credibility of Seekings?

Edited by Yitzi2

In a PM with another player last night, we both voiced suspicion of OmeGaster and Manukos as possible Inquisitors. Here's why:

1. The Inquisitor gave UberCopper away early, while many SE veterans would have saved it for the late-game.

2. Prior to conversion, both Jon and Rand had been mentioned in the thread as players who would make good converts. This supports a theory that the Inquisitor was relatively inexperienced and so based their conversions off of the observations of others.

3. Ornstein was killed early, which is strange considering most mid- to high-experience SE players tend to leave new players alone, at least until the late-game.

4. Both of them have been online from time to time (at least according to the other player in that PM), but have chosen to either not post or post a tiny amount, suggesting that they may have something to hide.

5. The majority of active players have claimed a role and proven themselves.

While none of these is very strong, together they paint the picture of an Inquisitor who fits the playstyles of Manukos and OmeGaster. I wouldn't suggest dropping the Rae lynch in favor of one of these two; that would be unwise. But what this does give us is something to brew about.

The Inquisitor is relatively pointless now anyway. Given the sacrifice of Uber Iron, I'd guess the only metal they have left is Uber Pewter, which means they only have one conversion left before they die. We might as well just wait out the Inquisitor until they kill themselves with the conversion and go after the converts. I would actually include HH in your list though. He fits too, I think.

Taxes done, and I re-skimmed the thread. 

Not much to add, though I agree that the Inquisitor is probably a newer player. A lot of decisions just don't make sense. 

Also, it doesn't look like there was any doubt, but I can confirm that Wilson was the one attacked and protected last night. That's right, Inquisitor! That's twice I've foiled you now! :P 

Okeh, I'm going to try and get back into this game (situation has lightened a lil)...and I must say,

...interesting...

he's an intentionally trollish and erratic player. A lot like DA, just with somewhat different manifestations.

>>>
Iioyhidosioduhiopojsjsgdl\

I had written up a bunch of stuff

and then the page refreshed...and it was all gone >> here's a summary basically

-----

I'm suspicious of @Herowannabe and I'll put my vote on Rae Since she seems to be fine with it :P 

Okay, I'm back. I will try to be normally active from now.

So Rae. I already many times voiced suspicions of Rae... but Wilson's reasoning sounds much better :P. But I still don't see reasons for Inquisitor to convert her... she surely was not best target for conversion. I even don't understand why new player would convert her.

Don't have nothing else to say, I almost fully missed couple cycles... sorry for that :D.

Well that was a VERY uneventful party last night.

15 hours ago, Elenion said:

Both of them have been online from time to time (at least according to the other player in that PM), but have chosen to either not post or post a tiny amount, suggesting that they may have something to hide.

I just find that I do not have much to say on the topic at hand, or I do not have the time to do anything BUT browse. It's also fun just to watch you all squabble over the most tedious of things.

15 hours ago, Elenion said:

The majority of active players have claimed a role and proven themselves.

It's hard to present evidence that will amount to nothing, for it is extremely difficult to prove nothing.

LG32: Night Eight - Abandonment Fears

Dear __________

I have the rather unpleasant task of addressing you today, in the absence of the Court Fool. I gather that he’s grown bored with the recent dearth of interesting fatalities, and that he disappeared off in the direction of Luthadel muttering something about families. 

Regardless, The Lord Tekiel, revered father to us all, the unparalleled majesty, and he whose generosity ensures our continued security, is growing rather… despondent, without the calming influence of our Court Fool. 

Of course, the rumours about insanity and megalomania are nothing more than fabrications, but if morality remains in any of you, I suggest that you provide sufficient entertainment to incentivise the Fool to return before Our Blessed Ruler decides to begin experimenting with his subjects, again...

Yours, reluctantly,

The Chamberlain

Arraenae was lynched, but survived!

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Crewmember
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea - Pewterarm
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Crewmember
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot]
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

red_1492812000.png

Rae survived! So... is she a Thug or the Inquisitor? The Inquisitor does have UberPewter left, IIRC. The thing is, Rae voted on herself, and since UberP gives two extra lives (IIRC), there would be less worry about a self vote or a single lynch. She would still have another extra life left. I'm not sure how the role distribution went, but there are two Village Thugs dead, meaning there is the possibility that a Spiked Thug is out there. Rae could be that Spiked Thug.

Or a Village Thug... but I'm leaning Spiked!Rae.

Rae is either the Inquisitor, or a Thug who was covering for the Tineye, or (as per Wilson's reasoning when she suggested the bandwagon that led to the lynch) the convert using the Thug spike.  Most likely, the thug spike is the answer.

Edited by Yitzi2

9 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

...storm I forgot I had Pewter.

So you were involved enough in the game to serve as a front for another player and actively participate in designing the Tineye messages, but not enough to remember your own role?

3 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

So you were involved enough in the game to serve as a front for another player and actively participate in designing the Tineye messages, but not enough to remember your own role?

Yeah. I was on break from school last week. This week, I have school. Seven hour block, plus homework and two "group" projects, and even more limited computer access. Note the difference.

Oh, and if I remember right (I'm not sure I do, that's how bad it is), I got no sleep Monday night and only was asleep between sometime after 4:37 AM and 7:33 AM Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Oh, and if I remember right (I'm not sure I do, that's how bad it is), I got no sleep Monday night and only was asleep between sometime after 4:37 AM and 7:33 AM Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Yeah. I was on break from school last week. This week, I have school. Seven hour block, plus homework and two "group" projects, and even more limited computer access. Note the difference.

Raeee....we all have our problems >> But at the very least we are aware of the abilities at our disposal XD

I'm sorry but your explanations just don't cut it.

Whew, that sounds brutal. Don't do what our esteemed GM did during AG3 and push yourself too hard. Get plenty of rest, even if it means cutting back on the game.

For what it's worth, we'll probably help you get some more free time by re-lynching you tomorrow. It sounds like most people are agreed (myself included) that you're either a Spiked thug or the inquisitor. ;)

13 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Whew, that sounds brutal. Don't do what our esteemed GM did during AG3 and push yourself too hard. Get plenty of rest, even if it means cutting back on the game.

For what it's worth, we'll probably help you get some more free time by re-lynching you tomorrow. It sounds like most people are agreed (myself included) that you're either a Spiked thug or the inquisitor. ;)

The issue isn't that I have no time for sleep, it's more of a lack of ability to fall asleep. :/ Free time via lynch would be nice.