Orlok Tsubodai

Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

963 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

I'm not Red...?

Apologies - a missed / in the [/color] for Randuir.

Wilson's reasoning is sound.

Rae

Edited by Silverblade5

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

Rae. She was the Tineye, and there's no Tineye message. Since I was the only one who knew for a fact that she was the Tineye, she probably hoped to kill me and make it so even though everyone would know the Tineye had been converted, no one would know who it was.

Also, she PMed me just at rollover to apologize. I'm 99.9% certain that the person who was attacked was me. Therefore, we wouldn't gain anything by withholding the info and discussing anyway.

Alright. Wilson, I wasn't actually the Tineye. (Surprise surprise, huh?) Mark was, and I was his front. I'm not sure how or why he chose me to basically act as his intermediary, but he did. (And no, he wasn't the pompous cremhole that we set the Tineye up as. He didn't want a repeat of MR13. Still paranoid, though.) His first message had the numbers 14 11 9 repeated twice, which became nki. It was a reference to Unknown, his character in AG2. The second one had a repeating pattern of rlrnrssa, which becomes immarkiv after vignere cipher. The key was jzfaankf, which you had to get from a transcript of the Death Note video. Those are the two big ones I helped him with. The calculator one was his idea, and so was the one after that.

I was starting to feel really bad about constantly lying to you, Wilson, which is why I sent that apology. I would've stopped it earlier, but Mark refused. He has consistently sent messages to prove his innocence until now, so I'm pretty sure he got converted. Mark.

@Arraenae Honestly, this argument doesn't really do much to convince me. You are the most experienced person I've encountered when it comes to using ciphers. You've also been the only person I've encountered to suggest their use.  Can you confirm from another source that Mark was indeed the tineye?

Edited by Silverblade5

1 minute ago, Silverblade5 said:

@Arraenae Honestly, this argument doesn't really do much to convince me. You are the most experienced person I've encountered when it comes to using ciphers. You've also been the only person I've encountered to suggest their use.  Can you confirm from another source that Mark was indeed the tineye?

Hah, no. There are loads of people here better than me at using ciphers. Most of the coders, I think. Bugsy did that in LG23 when he couldn't get access to his faction doc. Luckat was another player who suggested them, though she's gone now. I did suggest the use of a vignere cipher to Mark, though. (Seriously, it took around an hour just for that little phrase. That's why he never used them again.)

The whole point of being Mark's front was that nobody else was supposed to know.Mark knows that he was the Tineye, but good luck getting him to admit it now.

Just now, Arraenae said:

Hah, no. There are loads of people here better than me at using ciphers. Most of the coders, I think. Bugsy did that in LG23 when he couldn't get access to his faction doc. Luckat was another player who suggested them, though she's gone now. I did suggest the use of a vignere cipher to Mark, though. (Seriously, it took around an hour just for that little phrase. That's why he never used them again.)

The whole point of being Mark's front was that nobody else was supposed to know.Mark knows that he was the Tineye, but good luck getting him to admit it now.

Is there anyone else either of you disclosed this information to previously? Your point about ciphers is valid, however, I'd be much more inclined to believe your argument about being a front if another person came forward to back it up.

18 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

I was starting to feel really bad about constantly lying to you, Wilson, which is why I sent that apology. I would've stopped it earlier, but Mark refused. He has consistently sent messages to prove his innocence until now, so I'm pretty sure he got converted. Mark.

Then why was the encrypted calculator message "ISING THE NAMING OF JON"? Things just aren't adding up.

Mark's last post was on the sixth. He was last visited on the ninth. I believe this would mean that nobody has PMd him either. This wouldn't put him in much of a position to create cryptic messages. Cryptic messages have appeared since then. Suspicion rising.

42 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Then why was the encrypted calculator message "ISING THE NAMING OF JON"? Things just aren't adding up.

Wilson suggested that I (well, the Tineye) put in some red herrings. Mark saw that some people thought Jondesu was the Tineye, so he put in that message. She can confirm.

On 4/9/2017 at 3:25 PM, Kipper said:

TL;DR Just because Hero denies claiming Seeker does not mean someone didn't tell me that Hero claimed Seeker. I always explicitly ask for roles and that's not unusual.

Also, the person that told me Hero claimed Seeker has given me one Seeker result that was confirmed by @Mark IV

I don't know about you, but to me, this sounds like the Seeker seeked Mark. Mark knew about this, and confirmed the role the Seeker found. Therefore, if Mark were the Tineye, I guarantee that at least the Seeker and Kipper knew his role other than Rae.

I call bogus on Rae's story.

Mark claimed Soother to me, and proved it by Soothing Wilson and Kipper in previous Cycles. Also, as Silverblade pointed out, Mark wasn't online during the last Night that the Tineye sent a message, so yeah, sorry Rae.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by TheMightyLopen

He wasn't online during the last two nights the Tineye sent a message. Night 5 and Night 6 had Tineye messages and both were after he was last online. While I could maybe, possibly, see Stink/Orlok allowing an early Tineye message submission on the first night, if they were feeling kind, I cannot ever see them allowing him to submit messages for the next two nights.

Not only has Wilson not confirmed Rae's story, but she poked a hole big enough that it doesn't hold water. Rae

16 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Not only has Wilson not confirmed Rae's story, but she poked a hole big enough that it doesn't hold water. Rae

Oh, I can confirm that I suggested Rae throw some red herrings into her messages. But that doesn't confirm her story even a little bit.

Also, as for the proof that the Tineye was Mark that Rae suggested, I find that interesting. Because in her first PM to me in this game, she said that the "nki" was because her character's name is "Nicki" and the "rlrnrssa" is a reference to her LG30 characters, Ralanaar and Rissa. I feel like that's somewhat more plausible an explanation than the ones she's suggested for Mark, but that's just me. :P

21 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Oh, I can confirm that I suggested Rae throw some red herrings into her messages. But that doesn't confirm her story even a little bit.

Also, as for the proof that the Tineye was Mark that Rae suggested, I find that interesting. Because in her first PM to me in this game, she said that the "nki" was because her character's name is "Nicki" and the "rlrnrssa" is a reference to her LG30 characters, Ralanaar and Rissa. I feel like that's somewhat more plausible an explanation than the ones she's suggested for Mark, but that's just me. :P

That was actually his idea. On the surface, it referred to me, but he could also use it to prove it was him, too. The original phrase would have been "rlnrnrssa", but that was one letter two long, so it got chopped.

51 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

That was actually his idea. On the surface, it referred to me, but he could also use it to prove it was him, too. The original phrase would have been "rlnrnrssa", but that was one letter two long, so it got chopped.

Rlnrnrssa, if you add vowels, becomes Ralanaar 'n' Rissa, so even that doesn't clear you.

Hey all, I just worked a 12 hour day staining a deck and I'm beat. Also tomorrow is tax day and I haven't even had a chance to start my taxes yet, so that's what I'll be doing all day tomorrow. As such, don't expect me to post much. 

But skimming through the thread and my PMs, it seems pretty clear that Arranae is up to no good. 

Rae, it seems you are cornered. Wilson has expertly ripped apart your defense, enough that other players could reach in and tear it further. 

Oops, in an attempt to color my vote, all of my text is red. Just consider my vote cast.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

12 hours ago, Elenion said:

Rlnrnrssa, if you add vowels, becomes Ralanaar 'n' Rissa, so even that doesn't clear you.

... did you even read what I'd said? It's supposed to reference me. There's no point being a front for a Tineye if the messages don't point to me.

33 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

... did you even read what I'd said? It's supposed to reference me. There's no point being a front for a Tineye if the messages don't point to me.

Apparently I didn't read it well enough. :lol:

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

I still haven't seen an adequate explanation for how Mark was able to post two Tineye messages without being online.... is he a wizard now?

24 minutes ago, little wilson said:

I still haven't seen an adequate explanation for how Mark was able to post two Tineye messages without being online.... is he a wizard now?

Yeah, that's another weird thing. The only thing I can think of would be a site error, because I know I talked to Mark, mostly involving lots of questions about his life in India. The Shard got updated recently, so it must have messed with the timestamps or something.

Rae, there's a line when it comes to lying. Blaming things on site errors when you know it's not that is crossing that line.

Can confirm that Mark was not the Tineye, and admitted to having the role that he was Seeked as to me in PM.

Rae. I might have believed you over Wilson if you hadn't brought Mark into it.

Alright then. Rae. Might as well give myself more time to do homework this week.