Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

8 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Drought did indeed mention being sick, so I'll switch my vote to Iamspartacus, since they haven't been online for quite a while. I don't really think it's possible they're the Inquisitor, since the site said they weren't even online during the Night, but I'd rather a true inactive die right now while it won't really hurt us than an active villager be killed just for the very slight chance of us taking out one of the Inquisitors lives(since it's likely they've got multiple).

Rand, I'm still looking forward to reading the elim doc for LG30... When it's finally posted. ;) It's pretty rare that I trust an eliminator like that(mostly because it's rare for me to trust anyone :P), so I think you can understand me putting you on that list. You seem to be acting fairly similar to that game, but it's really the only game I've played with you as a villager, so it's not much of a sample.

Why kill inactive right now? It gives us no information. Even if we're shooting in the dark, we can start to establish patterns and sort through info. Sure, it isn't the best, but it's better than nothing. Also, this bandwagon has started way to fast. The use of argument against vote manip's isn't legitimate b/c we have no reason to believe Sparticus is evil.

4 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Why kill inactive right now? It gives us no information. Even if we're shooting in the dark, we can start to establish patterns and sort through info. Sure, it isn't the best, but it's better than nothing. Also, this bandwagon has started way to fast. The use of argument against vote manip's isn't legitimate b/c we have no reason to believe Sparticus is evil.

If you've got a good lead to go after instead, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'll keep supporting killing someone who will do the village no good. Regarding vote manipulation, there was a 2:2 tie, with a bunch of lone votes on other people. If the inquisitor has some kind of uber-emotional allomancy, he might have been able to pick any of those people with 1 vote to move them up to being lynched instead.

Everyone, I'm all for the Crusade, but let's remember something: the Inquisitor is likely not completely inactive. They might just be inactive in the thread, and still sending in orders, but I very seriously doubt they're among the fully inactive. Spartacus has only logged in one time, to post that he would join the game, and literally does not appear to have even viewed the forum since then. I will fully support getting rid of him, though as a new player I tend to cut some slack, but he's 99% guaranteed not to be the Inquisitor, I believe. This will be a wasted lynch if we bandwagon on the truly inactive.

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Everyone, I'm all for the Crusade, but let's remember something: the Inquisitor is likely not completely inactive. They might just be inactive in the thread, and still sending in orders, but I very seriously doubt they're among the fully inactive. Spartacus has only logged in one time, to post that he would join the game, and literally does not appear to have even viewed the forum since then. I will fully support getting rid of him, though as a new player I tend to cut some slack, but he's 99% guaranteed not to be the Inquisitor, I believe. This will be a wasted lynch if we bandwagon on the truly inactive.

This makes sense, but even so it's better to have a wasted lynch than a manipulat-able one.  That said, what are everybody's feelings on moving our bandwagon to Drought instead?  (It's more likely to be productive, and also better for the Crusade to vote on someone who could have participated but didn't.)  We definitely want to move together or not at all.

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I understand what you're trying to say. However, unless I'm mistaken, we don't have a solid lead on anyone right now, so the chances of hitting the inquisitor are not good. In that case I'd prefer to lynch someone who is unlikely to contribute anything to the discussion. I believe that's what the crusade is for, right? Lynching an inactive when no other leads present themselves? If it was the start of the cycle, I'd agree, but there's less than three hours left, so setting up this lynch is unlikely to kill any important discussion either.

11 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

This makes sense, but even so it's better to have a wasted lynch than a manipulat-able one.  That said, what are everybody's feelings on moving our bandwagon to Drought instead?  (It's more likely to be productive, and also better for the Crusade to vote on someone who could have participated but didn't.)  We definitely want to move together or not at all.

If you guys want to vote drought out instead, I'll add my vote to the pile.

Edit: sorry for the double-post. I hadn't realized that Yitzi's post had ninja'd mine.

Edited by randuir

And, we've got a new tie. I'm moving my vote from Iamspartacus to Drought in to break it again.

Day 2 Vote Tally

Elenion(1): Araris, Yitzi2

Mark IV(1): Herowannabe

Drake(1): Dalinar

Yitzi2(1): Arraenae, Silverblade5, Elenion

Dalinar(0): Silverblade5

Iamspartacus(2): Randuir, Yitzi2, Lopen, Elenion, Drake

Aonar(0): arinian

Droughtbringer(6): Jondesu,  HH, Yitzi2, Randuir, Arinian, Elenion Lopen,

Arinian(1): Kipper

Kipper(0): Drake

Ecthelion(0): Drake

@Drake Marshall, you haven't actually retracted your vote from Kipper before voting on spartacus, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by randuir

17 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Wait, Drought voted for himself?  Or did you just mistype for Hema?

I messed up here. For some reason my excel sheet had drought voting for himself in it, which isn't the case. I've corrected the vote tally and added arinian's vote. Thanks for catching that.

Edit: I was also missing Drake's initial (and retracted) vote on ecthelion. If anyone else sees any more mistakes, please say so.

Edit2: and I've added Elenion's vote below for completeness sake as well.

Edited by randuir

28 minutes ago, randuir said:

And, we've got a new tie. I'm moving my vote from Iamspartacus to Drought in to break it again.

Day 2 Vote Tally

Elenion(1): Araris, Yitzi2

Mark IV(1): Herowannabe

Drake(1): Dalinar

Yitzi2(1): Arraenae, Silverblade5, Elenion

Dalinar(0): Silverblade5

Iamspartacus(3): Randuir, Yitzi2, Lopen, Elenion, Drake

Aonar(0): arinian

Droughtbringer(5): Jondesu,  HH, Yitzi2, Randuir, Arinian Lopen, Elenion

Arinian(1): Kipper

Kipper(0): Drake

@Drake Marshall, you haven't actually retracted your vote from Kipper before voting on spartacus, if I'm not mistaken.

Right then...

Kipper. Lamspartacus. Droughtbringer.

LG32 Night Two: Straight to the Point

Dear __________

It’s a shame to see you all well, react less. That’s no fun for me, and no fun for the Court Fool means no fun for the living. 

Hope you get better soon, except for other person you’ve killed now. Shame that, isn’t it? Can’t even find anything shiny on them! Except for the knife, but no-one wants to take the credit for that.

TTYL,
The Court Fool

Droughtbringer was lynched! He was a Regular Crewmember!

Vote count:
(1) Elenion: Araris Valerian, 
(1) Mark IV: Herowannabe, 
(1) Drake Marshall: Dalinar Kholin, 
(1) Yitzi2: Silverblade5,
(1) Iamspartacus: TheMightyLopen, 
(7) DroughtBringer: Jondesu, Hemalurgic_Headshot, Yitzi2, randuir, Arinian, Elenion, Drake Marshall,
(1) Arinian: Kipper, 
(1) Kipper: Drake Marshall, 

Player List:
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton
19. Araris Valerian - Wol
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry
29. Ecthelion - Amnar
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

Edited by Alvron

Just now, Manukos said:

sigh , i get rly disscouraged when a villager is lynched off , 
not that i can complain since i didn't participate at all during the day :/

This early the odds are always high that we'll get villagers, and far more so in a game like this (we literally had a 1 in 28 chance of hitting the single Inquisitor, since there are no other Elims yet). Making it useful and informative is always good, though, and I think this round of voting was probably informative with all the vote changes. Even bandwagons can tell us about the people that join them sometimes.

19 minutes ago, Manukos said:

hmmm i am not so sure that decresing our number helps , since he can "infect" more people ,  well , at least his conversion has a cap

Decreasing our numbers doesn't help in and of itself, but that's unavoidable. What we have to do is make the deaths meaningful. Learning everything we can from voting patterns is what makes it worthwhile.