TWD - Chapter 05 - kaisa 03/13/17 (G) 5539 words

kais

Yeah, I think it works as a working title, but I think even with the story being about their struggle with people's perceptions, actively misgendering them in the title might give the wrong impression to people both about the character and who are looking someone to relate to in reading.

Not that I can help on the title, lol, I either come up with something out of nowhere or I agonize forever on the subject.

I feel like there's a 'trick' to be played by working 'alchemy' into the title - but having a double meaning in relation to gender.

- S*rin's Alchemy - (meh, maybe too on-the-nose, but you could spin in into titles for series, S*rin's Return, S*rin's Revenge, S*rin Strikes Back, etc.)

S*rin's Journey - (meh, not very interesting)

- The Alchemical Daughter - (meh, bit unwieldy, and still contains 'daughter', which might remain misleading for those who don't think back to the title. First impressions, etc.)

- The Alchemist's Mother - (ah ha, the old switcheroo. But of course Mother is not the m/c, so perhaps misleading in a different way)

- A Guild of One - (not knowing how the story goes, this might be totes inapplicable. And I may have stolen from Conspiracy of One by The Offspring, the again, a little light larceny never really hurt anyone, did it?)

Alchemy - (apart from being the name of a Dire Straits live album, there must be a million novels with this title... Yes, pretty much, along with The Alchemist.

Alchemy's End - (I stole this one from The End of Alchemy, which is an awesome title!! But already used by Mervyn King, former governor of the Bank of England after we stole Mark Carney from the Canucks!! :P (Sigh) As an economist, Mark Carney is just dreamy.

- Woodcutting vs. Alchemy: Dawn of Poultice - yeah, ok, I was joking that time...

The only reason I still cling to the title is that I think it makes the planned title of the next book 

Spoiler

The Chemist

so much more powerful. A shucking of absolutely everything. I don't know if I would get that same punch if book one was called something like Birthright.

Although mulling that title, it might actually grow on me.