Snapshot Lettered Edition

Treygec

Hey everyone, 

Quick question about the Snapshot lettered edition, kinda lettered editions in general for anyone who might know more than me. 

Back in June / July I ordered the lettered edition of Snapshot and on the site it was said to be limited to 52 copies. It was also supposed to be released last month but still is yet to be determined when that will actually get fulfilled. 

I went to check on the status at their website and see now that there at 78 copies of the lettered edition going to be sold. So here is where I question comes in. Do I have reason to be bothered / upset about the increase of copies being produced, and if so, what sort of recourse do you believe their to be under false advertising? These items are collectibles and have value derived from their limited nature and that is part of the decision in purchasing them. I do not believe they should be able to increase this and charge the same amount they did when it was only 52 copies. 

Thoughts?

First, where are you getting that they're selling more copies? I still see them saying 52. Second, even if they do sell more as long as they stop taking orders after printing and don't do more after that point, you're not really harmed if twenty or so more people have a copy of the book than you were expecting to. It's still a limited edition nobody else will have and everyone paid the same amount, it's just a limited edition of slightly more. Good luck proving harm. Third, I'm trying and failing to think of a polite way to point out what a colossal chull it makes you look like to consider some kind of legal complaint over a Brandon Sanderson book, by a new press that he wanted to give some publicity to.