Quick Fix Game 22: Ghosts in the Night

Wyrmhero

Whoop! Im a day player! :-D

5 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Doing the contribution crusade on D1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And especially not this game. It's for weeding out inactives. Can you really call someone "inactive" if they haven't posted at the very beginning of the game? I think it's best to either wait until C2 to lynch an inactive, or at the very end of C1 if we don't have a good lynch target. But in this game, I think it's possible we won't ever have to lynch an inactive, because the pairing system allows another player to take over for their inactive teammate. Also, if we lynched an inactive, we'd be killing 2 players. 1 player who wasn't active D1 and their Night half who didn't even get a chance to play(well, if we have a lynch, that'll happen regardless, but it still doesn't seem right to me). Anyways, I'm hoping we never have to lynch an inactive, since that would mean both players in a pair went inactive, and it really does waste a valuable Turn to lynch inactives. So I advise that if someone does go inactive, we wait for a bit to see if their other half gets control, so we're not killing a potential active villager while at the same time wasting a Cycle by not discussing active players.

Fair, and I doubt that both players in a pair would go inactive

I don't really have anything to say :/

So what to say... hmm... It's C1 and as always there not much from what to go.  

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Whoop! Im a day player! :-D

Fair, and I doubt that both players in a pair would go inactive

I don't really have anything to say :/

Hey Stick! What a nice sunny day, isn't it? Also you looks extremly suspicious today :D

8 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'm not sure how many pairs of elims I think there are. 2 sounds right at first, based on normal balancing percentages, but looking over the rules, both players in a pair die simultaneously(they are the same person after all :P) and I'm not sure if the elims have a kill unless they have an Assassin, because the rules don't mention a Night elim kill. So, I think 3 pairs is possible, if they don't have a kill. Otherwise, I imagine it is 2 pairs. Wyrm, do the elims have a group kill each Night?

I think that refers to the fact that there's actually only 11 "players" because each pair of players are the same person, just with different identities based on Day/Night.

Doing the contribution crusade on D1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And especially not this game. It's for weeding out inactives. Can you really call someone "inactive" if they haven't posted at the very beginning of the game? I think it's best to either wait until C2 to lynch an inactive, or at the very end of C1 if we don't have a good lynch target. But in this game, I think it's possible we won't ever have to lynch an inactive, because the pairing system allows another player to take over for their inactive teammate. Also, if we lynched an inactive, we'd be killing 2 players. 1 player who wasn't active D1 and their Night half who didn't even get a chance to play(well, if we have a lynch, that'll happen regardless, but it still doesn't seem right to me). Anyways, I'm hoping we never have to lynch an inactive, since that would mean both players in a pair went inactive, and it really does waste a valuable Turn to lynch inactives. So I advise that if someone does go inactive, we wait for a bit to see if their other half gets control, so we're not killing a potential active villager while at the same time wasting a Cycle by not discussing active players.

On that note, the only 2 players who have said anything discussion wise are Len and Drake. I don't really have any strong feelings about the posts. They seem like pretty typical D1 posts to me - not very informative. :P While I always enjoy trying to guess elim numbers/roles, there's not much point to it when we know so little, so I'd prefer focusing on different things. Like calling out any lurkers(not inactives), proposing plans, and going over the active players posts(hard to do until we've got some actual content I know).

I was planning on going over the rules and giving my thoughts on them, but instead I defeated the final boss of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :lol: Which is amazing, btw.

Another thing I was thinking about is revealing your Night half. My opinion right now is wait and think things through completely, and also that keeping your Night half a secret should give you protection from the elims if they do have a Night kill. Anyways, that's it from me for tonight.

You're right, of coarse. Lynching an inactive isn't a good idea. But threatening to do so has added you to the list of "players who have said anything discussion wise" so I'll count it a success. ;)

I don't like slow starts in a game. In my experience, slow starts are deadly, because usually that means that by the time people get their head in the game with a proper lay of the land, the elims are only a couple cycles from winning.

Also, Arinian, it is indeed a nice sunny day. If anything, a little too sunny for my tastes, because I'll be running in the sun later today...

Edited by Drake Marshall

Another minor clarification re: the lynch - It will follow LG rules rather than normal QF rules. Therefore there must be at least two votes on a player to be lynched, and they must have the most votes.

Thorot cleaned the grit off his knife (he ended up with all sorts of things between his teeth sometimes) and scanned the passersby.  Many of the Ghostbloods (or perhaps those storming Sons of Honor, and he'd weed them out if so) had gathered out in the main road, looking as if they were just going about their business, many of them only talking when necessary.  That odd Harvey was walking around, too…stiff, he supposed.  Might be a cover, but it might just be an awkward person.  Then again, an awkward Ghostblood was usually going to end up being a dead Ghostblood.  Sart was still killing the eardrums of anyone nearby, and shooting glares at Bart occasionally.  That was one rivalry that he wouldn't mind seeing ended, if only to stop the singing.

Most of the others were just lurking in doorways like Thorot, or casting furtive glances around as they made their way to one destination or another.  Thorot caught the eye of the odd Harvey and called out a question.

"Harvey, you're walking around and looking us all over, but you haven't offered any comment of your own.  Are you going to help us find the traitors among us?  How many do you think there are?  Brandir says there's probably two Sons of Honor wandering among us, learning all our plans, and Mestow agrees, but maybe there's more.  Maybe you're one of them?"

Just a quick note, I'm not planning to do everything in RP this game, and probably very little of the discussion, but since D1 lynches are so weird anyways, I figured I'd use the RP to call out HH and ask a question (legitimately ask, I want to see his thoughts on the number of Elims and also whether he thinks it matters to know in this game).  I'm not stuck on him by any means and will change my vote if anything comes up that seems suspicious enough, but HH had only posted RP without any other discussion (granted, it's D1, but he posted early and didn't even comment on the rules, suggest any tactics, etc).

For my part, I'll be trying to link pairs of Night and Day players in any way I can, from similar arguments to the people that seem to have similar knowledge that wasn't shared publicly.  If I can be reasonably certain about that, it'll make it easier to rule out pairs based on how suspicious I am of one of the members, or conversely, bring more suspicion on some pairs because of the way both partners are acting.  I don't think I'll be revealing my own partner here, especially without confirming it with them, because I can't see that being a good tactic, but if anyone does share, it'll just make it a bit easier to nail down those pairs.  I doubt anyone could get away with lying about that, anyway, since it'd be really easy for someone to call them out on it.

I'll probably look through the ruleset and see if there's any roles that should be doing anything unusual, but they're mostly your usual roles, with the pairing of players being the unusual twist to the game.  So, anyone that doesn't know what to do, ask your partner, and try not to reveal your tactics here in the thread for the most part.  Unless you're a Son of Honor.  In that case, tell us and let us lynch you.

Okay, Elim count and game discussion. 

If the writeup is to be trusted, then there are more Elims than normal. This makes things harder, but perhaps roles will be able to balance things out. If Wyrm decided to be generous to the village to counter the extra Elims, I don't see a problem with that. However, I do not know the role distributions, so this is just a idle hope. There are no definites right now, as it is D1, so I don't think it is wise to worry about how many Elims there are. With the twist that if one member dies, both die, will speed things up a lot, and If we can hit an Elim, then that is two birds with one stone.

I only posted RP because I was on mobile, didn't have the time to post anything longer than that, and I didn't have anything to say at the time. The RP was simply a little introduction into the game of a sort. I guess you can remove your poke vote now, @Jondesu?

Mehh... sooo.

“Arinian Partner Here.

1. Len started the Elim Number discussion, which looks useful but really isn’t. Otherwise hasn’t said anything.

2. By the time that Jondesu asks HH how many elims there are, 4 people have already stated that it is 2. Pointless Question? Agree with HH that it’s a poke vote.

3. Arin & Stick need to say more substantial comments.

4. Drake seems oddly concerned about Elims killing everyone quickly, reason being because he’s planning it?

5. Agree with Lopen about CC.

I propose that for this first day cycle, everyone agrees to not lynch anybody. There are many reasons for this, the primary one naturally being that everyone should at least get one chance to post in the thread. As for revealing who is a partner to whom, that all depends on the posts during the night cycle. “

Arinian is back.

So I surely not gonna agree with point 3! I'm and Stick are VERY substantial ;)

Also I don't know why I should agree with someone next time my partner surely will be more accurate in phrasing.

And that's all... for now.

Edited by Arinian

14 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Drake seems oddly concerned about Elims killing everyone quickly, reason being because he’s planning it?

Yup, you got me. ;) I'm totally planning to kill you all. And "quickly" too apparently. Somehow I'll manage more than one kill a night.

Clearly I warned people to watch out for people dying quickly because I'm planning to do it! Apparently I wanted to give you a fighting chance by letting you know my intentions in advance. :P

Every now and then I have to live up to my role as herald of irony... :ph34r:

But I digress. @Magestar and @DroughtBringer, I'd be interested to hear you guys weigh in sometime this cycle.

I'm not sure where to go now with this cycle... I doubt anyone's going to make a serious role or partner claim this cycle and the substance of accusations is severely limited.

Len . Sorry but, You are in my way of me and my partners business,also this meant as helpful criticism, you posts just seem obligatory and not genuine and sometimes they are not very well thought. Finally I just want to say, why has only two people  voted? Please get some more votes in people.

*Pulls out scale of measuring*

Okay so if we have a group of people who are doing evil things, and a group of people, that are larger, and not doing evil things I would say that this game we have one slight advantage over other games of SE; we have one person to bounce ideas off of. You have your partner who is someone you can always trust (unless this game turns weird and somehow someone's partner is evil, but doubt that). Use that, abuse that fact. You can literally bounce any and all ideas off of someone, much like the Elims normally can with each other in a game. Sure we are slightly limited with the info the other person can provide us, but still, use that ability. 

48 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Len . Sorry but, You are in my way of me and my partners business,also this meant as helpful criticism, you posts just seem obligatory and not genuine and sometimes they are not very well thought. Finally I just want to say, why has only two people  voted? Please get some more votes in people.

Khm... I would agree with points of my partner. There no need in lynch on C1. Why? 

1. Remember by lynching one you killing 2 people and we still didn't hear that "other part of player". Just think if it's fair even not give chance for someone to play? No chance to give his thoughts? 

2. It's usual behavior for Len. And it's absolutely unindicative even if it was someone else then Len. Also I can point example from LG30 with myself where I guessed about number of elims and you never will believe what I will say... I was Villager! Incredible isn't it?(yeah situation was other and game was other but still it's not indicative). Also I don't think that you so familiar with Len that you by only 1 short post from him can say if he genuine or not.

3. Hmm... I wanted to say something logical here, but forgot what. I will just say that I looked on Len's post many times and I don't see why you chose him among so many players that said not much more reasonable things.

Khm... that was Arin :D not my partner.

And I wanted to add something when I started this post but I forgot... again.

I'll admit my guilt as to being reluctant to post.  I prefer having a lot of evidence to work with, but that just isn't available C1.  But I don't want to be inactive, either, so I force myself to post.

But being in the way of your partner's business?  What kind of business does your partner have that's harmed by me speculating on the nature of the elim team in one post? Bart.

So Bart is accusing Len, and Len is accusing Bart...

I don't want to pick a side? It is highly unlikely that either of them are Elim, and this isn't really getting any information. Len's vote is mainly a retaliation vote, but

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Underline mine.

Doesn't that sound a little suspicious? The way that Bart phrased that first underlined section seems really Elim-y. And I underlined that second section just to note that Bart wants us voting. This might be a subtle avocation of bandwagoning Len. But that bit about the voting is speculation and is not based on any firm evidence.

Well HH, I just want to get the game going faster. Second since, currently unless I am mistaken I have the most votes to be lynched, but before you go through on that, I just say my partner Amanuensis would like to and will explain the reason why I voted Len after this during the night cycle.

Sart realized that he was looking at Bart's name the wrong way. It wasn't an attempt to impersonate him, as if anyone could do that. Rather, the man was clearly trying to pay him homage. "Ah Sart Jr, " he belched, having taken one too many purple wine goblets. (Note: He may or may not have been drinking orange wine goblets instead). "You sure is sounding a little funny" he continued, "Your line about Len seems kind of off to me, but I want to hear from your buddy first. Wait, if you're Sart Jr, does that make him Sart the III? Anyways, are we revealing partners? I know yours is Sart the III, but I bet you don't know mine. Mine's actually..." He theatrically grabbed his guitar, and began playing.

Hm... Bart, rather than letting Aman explain it in the night shift, would ya mind explaining in paraphrase right now? This is fully within the rules, and I really don't get why your being all vague and mysterious... Particularly after being so in-the-open about your partner.

To be honest though, I kinda think the claim you made is a little... Too obvious for an actual elim.

But I still want to hear what it is you're talking about. What on earth could you possibly know so early that makes Len's death important?

I have a hard time seeing a plausible reason why anyone, town or elim, would say the things you have.

At any rate... Ugh I almost wish I was night so I could just PM folks to get a read on them... Umm... Oh, fine, I'll vote on Bart. I get the feeling I'm missing something here, but I also don't really have any better leads...

Let's not get into a massive bandwagon yet. :P My vote was retaliatory for the vote on me with no specified reasoning. I don't necessarily think Bart's actions are because he's an elim, though that is a possibility.

@Jondesu I think we're all in that boat. :D

16 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

You're right, of coarse. Lynching an inactive isn't a good idea. But threatening to do so has added you to the list of "players who have said anything discussion wise" so I'll count it a success. ;)

Well. It's not like I've ever had any trouble getting on that list. ;)

12 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Okay, Elim count and game discussion. 

If the writeup is to be trusted, then there are more Elims than normal. This makes things harder, but perhaps roles will be able to balance things out. If Wyrm decided to be generous to the village to counter the extra Elims, I don't see a problem with that. However, I do not know the role distributions, so this is just a idle hope. There are no definites right now, as it is D1, so I don't think it is wise to worry about how many Elims there are. With the twist that if one member dies, both die, will speed things up a lot, and If we can hit an Elim, then that is two birds with one stone.

I only posted RP because I was on mobile, didn't have the time to post anything longer than that, and I didn't have anything to say at the time. The RP was simply a little introduction into the game of a sort. I guess you can remove your poke vote now, @Jondesu?

Which part of the writeup says there are more elims than normal? I didn't see any kind of indication like that, so I'm curious how you got that idea.

10 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

*Pulls out scale of measuring*

Okay so if we have a group of people who are doing evil things, and a group of people, that are larger, and not doing evil things I would say that this game we have one slight advantage over other games of SE; we have one person to bounce ideas off of. You have your partner who is someone you can always trust (unless this game turns weird and somehow someone's partner is evil, but doubt that). Use that, abuse that fact. You can literally bounce any and all ideas off of someone, much like the Elims normally can with each other in a game. Sure we are slightly limited with the info the other person can provide us, but still, use that ability. 

That's good advice, but it's also pretty obvious, and you don't comment on anything besides that. Any other thoughts or opinions about different aspects of the game?

10 hours ago, Arinian said:

Khm... I would agree with points of my partner. There no need in lynch on C1. Why? 

1. Remember by lynching one you killing 2 people and we still didn't hear that "other part of player". Just think if it's fair even not give chance for someone to play? No chance to give his thoughts? 

2. It's usual behavior for Len. And it's absolutely unindicative even if it was someone else then Len. Also I can point example from LG30 with myself where I guessed about number of elims and you never will believe what I will say... I was Villager! Incredible isn't it?(yeah situation was other and game was other but still it's not indicative). Also I don't think that you so familiar with Len that you by only 1 short post from him can say if he genuine or not.

3. Hmm... I wanted to say something logical here, but forgot what. I will just say that I looked on Len's post many times and I don't see why you chose him among so many players that said not much more reasonable things.

Khm... that was Arin :D not my partner.

And I wanted to add something when I started this post but I forgot... again.

Normally, I'm a big supporter of a D1 lynch, but in this case, I do think there's an argument to be made for no lynch. However, as has been said many times before, we should continue as if we are going to have a lynch so discussion isn't halted, and if we don't like how it's turning out at the end of the Turn, just tie it up.

I think I agree with Arin on this one. Len asking about elim numbers doesn't seem very alignment indiciative to me. Sure, it's pretty pointless(no offense :P), but in my experience, villagers will post pointless posts just as often, or even more often than eliminators.

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well HH, I just want to get the game going faster. Second since, currently unless I am mistaken I have the most votes to be lynched, but before you go through on that, I just say my partner Amanuensis would like to and will explain the reason why I voted Len after this during the night cycle.

I agree with Drake that it'd be nice if you could just paraphrase whatever it is that Aman wants to explain.

Vote tally:

Bart(2): Sart, Len, Drake
Len(1): Bart
HH(2): Jondesu, Lopen

HH, I forgot to quote your other post about Bart, but in response to that, first, you say that Len and Bart are highly unlikely to be elims. What makes you say that? I'm not terribly suspicious of either of them, but saying that it's "highly unlikely" either of them are elims is odd, to say the least. But moving past that, you then go on to cast suspicion on Bart in the same post(but don't vote on him). So which is it? Do you suspect Bart or not?

Besides the fact that Bart is a new player and I don't think lynching a newbie on D1 is something anyone wants to do, I'd also like to hear the reasoning behind the vote on Len, which I'm guessing was prompted by Aman. So I'm against lynching Bart for now.

I'd like to hear more from Stick and Drought, since neither of their posts really have much content. Any opinions on Bart/Len or HH? Or anyone else for that matter. I'd also like to hear from Magestar, as he has yet to post, but according to his online times, he was around like, 12 hours ago.

Okay Lopen. So I was responding to the popular topic at hand with the Elim count. For that bitnin the write up, near the end where the guy says there was barely twelve members in the town? Some people got worried over that, because twenty-two people are playing.

Well, maybe I should have just said "unlikely". If there are more slims than we think, then it is more possible that Bart or Len is an Elim. If there is a more reasonable number, then that is about a 1/5 chance that one of the two is an Elim. And you know what, I'm not the best at probability, so 1/5 is most likely not correct, but because there are more villagers than Elims, then it's logical to say that it is more likely that a player is a villager than an Elim based on pure statistics. Of course, evidence screws all of that up.

@Jondesu, you haven't removed your vote on me. Is that a real vote?

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'd like to hear more from Stick and Drought, since neither of their posts really have much content. Any opinions on Bart/Len or HH? Or anyone else for that matter. I'd also like to hear from Magestar, as he has yet to post, but according to his online times, he was around like, 12 hours ago.

Well, I don't really have an elim read on Bart. I mean, if he were an elim, wouldn't everyone be getting in the way of his and his partner's business? Why Len specifically? Though that part about letting Aman explain the vote is odd. @Bartimaeus you'd probably have lesser votes on you if explain it yourself :-P

Tied means no lynch, right? I'm not voting now, but if, by the end of the day, someone's up for the lynch, I'll tie the votes. I agree with not lynching anyone this cycle because 1)the elim kill will kill two villagers anyway, and even if we lynch someone to get a lead for the next lynch, I don't think it's worth it because 2)the lynch target's partner needs a chance to post, like Arinian said. 

So I surely not gonna agree with point 3! I'm and Stick are VERY substantial ;)

Yes. Yes, we are.

I was considering it, HH, but I have more justification to vote for Bart right now I think. His claim of a night partner gives me hesitation, since I'd hate to lose Aman, but it's also a very weird choice that makes me think he's just trying to gain trust.

I'm back!  Sorry for not being here yesterday;  It was Wednesday.  Do not expect Mage to be active on Wednesdays, and you shall not be disappointed. :P 

Mmk.  Since it helps me to think through these things by typing...  I'm going to pull some pages out of other people's books.  I'm going to catalog all the posts this cycle. :P 

Here we go.  Starting after Ecth and Wyrm's posts, because, well, because. :P 

1. Sart: RP + Poke vote.
  2. HH:  RP.
  3. Len:  Some numbers running and stuff.  Asks for thoughts.  Generally a good thing.
  4. Bart:  Responds to RP.
  5. Drake:  Responds to RP, talks about balance, talks about talking.  Asks people to bring up important topics, encouraging activity. Makes a note about the 'Barely a Dozen Agents' thing.
  6. Lopen:  Talks about the Numbers Running and Balance.  (Note:  I agree with the Role Distribution, to some extent.  I'm not sure that there are just two sets of Elims, simply because that would mean two kills could take out the whole Elim team.  While this would be nice, I'm not sure it's accurate?  Actually, if I treat this game as a game with 11 players, that makes a lot of sense.  Never mind.)  Explains the 'Barely a Dozen Agents' thing, in a satisfactory manner.  Discusses running a contribution crusade on C1;  Talks it down.  (I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense to run a contribution crusade D1.  Maybe, maybe C2.  Possible later.)  Makes a good point about player pairs not both going inactive.
  7. Wyrm with Clarifications.
  8. Stick: Comments on being a day player.  Agrees with Lopen about player pairs not both going inactive.  Doesn't really have anything to say.
  9. Arinian:  Doesn't really have much to say... Except that Stick is suspicious.  >.>
  10. Stick responds jokingly.  Apparently tries to look suspicious.  (Is this suspicious?  We can't tell. :P )
  11. More Clarifications.
  12. Jondesu:  RP's, talks about RP, and using it to legitimately ask questions.  Discusses tactics, especially discovering other people's partners, and hiding his own and how/why you shouldn't reveal your partner.  Talks about looking through the roles and finding more specific things to talk about.
  13. HH:  Discusses the writeup implying that there are more Elims than normal.  (I don't particularly agree with this.  I think it's a misinterpretation, and ignores what Lopen said.)  Talks about not knowing a lot, and hoping for the best.  Ask Jondesu to take his vote off, since he only just RP'ed because he was on mobile.  (What?  Why could you only RP because you were on mobile?)
  14. Arinian:  (Oooo!  Inter-partner communication.  That's always nice to see.)  Arinian's partner:  Does something like what I'm doing with the lists. :P   Apparently did it a while before Arinian posted, since it only made it to Lopen's post.  (I don't really have a lot to say about this, other than that I agree with most of what was said.  Except about Drake.  I really don't see Drake having been super worried about Elim kills?  Where'd you get that?)
  15. Drake responds.  Sort of slides past accusations with humor.  Tags me and Drought.  Says he doesn't know what else to say.
  16. Bart:  (Woah!  This post is so odd.)  Votes on Len.  Says that Len is in the way of him and his partner.  Says that Len's votes and posts seem obligatory and falsified.  Finally, asks more people to vote.  (Nothing inherently wrong with that.  The vote on Len is odd, but it just seems like Bart might be the victim of poor phrasing.  Idk.  The whole scenario is odd.)
  17. Drought:  Starts talking about the game;  Makes some very good points about having a partner.  Goes off on a tangent about it.  Basically the whole post.  (Nothing wrong with that, but it'd be nice to hear more from Drought.)
  18. Arinian:  Makes good points about not lynching Len, why would you lynch Len in the first place, I mean, really, this is Len we're talking about.  (LYNCH LEN) (No.) (LYNCH HIM) (Sorry bout that.  My baser instincts are taking hold of me)   Arin makes a comment about this being him, not his partner, and having something else to say... But forgetting what it was.
  19. Len:  Admits to be forcing himself to post, but says it's natural.  It's C1.  He doesn't have a lot to go on, but is making himself post.  (I kinda agree.  Not a bad argument there...) (LYNCH LEN) (Stoppit)  Asks Bart about his post.  Comments on 'His partners business' sounding odd.  (I agree.  Still think it was just poor phrasing, though, or possible a mistranslation of what his partner was saying.) Votes on Bart.
  20. HH says that he's not sure he wants to pick a side, and that Bart's phrasing sounds suspicious, though.
  21. Bart pulls out the Trump Card:  His partner is Aman.  We must all bow down in fear and awe.  ( :P )  Says Aman shall explain all in due time.  (This might be a gambit, but if it is, I doubt it came directly from Bart.  This doesn't seem his style.  Maybe his partner suggested it?  Idk.  This whole thing is odd.)  Says he wants the game to go faster.

Ok.  That was page one.  I'll comment on Page Two later, when I have time. :P  Personally, I don't think we should lynch Bart, not necessarily because I'm worried we'll kill Aman. (Brilliant move there, if Aman isn't your partner. :P )  But more because I don't think this is a good game to start C1 lynches.  I think we should wait and see what the night players have to say, and think about this a little more.  The Bart bandwagon does not have my approval, and seems like a poor lynch.

More to come.