Quick Fix Game 22: Ghosts in the Night

Wyrmhero

3 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I think he's talking about the fact that there are two different characters per player pair. Are they role playing as two different characters?

You would have to RP as different characters, yes, since you don't know who you are paired up with initially, and it may not be a good idea to reveal who your other identity is (Though if you and your partner decide that's the correct thing to do, there's nothing to stop you). I will never confirm that two players' characters are connected unless they die or someone uses an Action to find that out.

Neiha walked along the streets, surveying the world around her. At this time of day, the streets were mostly empty. Still, she spotted a few stragglers, walking around. Normally they were people that she wouldn't talk to, but she was in a magnanimous mood today.

She walked up to one person. "Hi there! How are you doing today?" she asked.

Neiha is officially open for socializing! The first to reply will define the pecking order of this town. :P 

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Neiha walked along the streets, surveying the world around her. At this time of day, the streets were mostly empty. Still, she spotted a few stragglers, walking around. Normally they were people that she wouldn't talk to, but she was in a magnanimous mood today.

She walked up to one person. "Hi there! How are you doing today?" she asked.

Thorot grimaced as he watched the overly friendly woman step up to someone and try to start a cheerful conversation.  Didn't she know this was a war?  He'd keep an eye on her, to protect her from the cutthroats in the Ghostbloods, or to kill her if he found out she was part of the Sons of Honor. Wouldn't that be ironic? A woman as a Son of Honor. He knew better than to assume they wouldn't include a woman in their plans.  The Ghostbloods certainly had many women among their members.

He picked his teeth with one of his daggers (one that he hadn't poisoned), and faded more into the shadows of the doorway he was leaning in.

<lifeform entering proximity>

Neiha approached HARVEY and smiled.

"Hello! How are you today?"

HARVEY regarded her blandly. It was not programmed for emotion. It was a female with an abundance of mineral and organic powders on her face. HARVEY quickly scanned her and assessed her vitals. A healthy life form. It began to turn away, but halted and stared at the female.

"An interesting situation you have here. Not that it is my business or anything." Then it walked away. Its illusion flickered and disappeared altogether. Its limbs began to glow and then vaporized.

<location confirmed>

HARVEY teleported.

<target acquired>

@Arraenae

"Hello, young lady! My name is Brandir Sebarial."

The man who spoke was a tall, slender fellow about 19, wearing an expensive suit. His gaze was slightly-lopsided, as if he was used to looking with only one eye, but he appeared not to notice.

"The Highprince is my uncle, so it's excellent to see another person of status in our most. I have to say that there are some rather strange characters lurking around these establishments."--he glanced at HARVEY and Thorot, the latter of whom was still picking his teeth with a dagger--"Would you be so kind as to join me for dinner tonight at my uncle's residence? It's not far, and I'll sure the company would be more to your taste."

Bart watched Brandir and this new social thing he picked up. Bart grimaced. Brandir should not even be here, with this bomb waiting to blow up, sparking the conflict between the Ghostbloods and the Sons of Honor. He shook his head sadly ready to leave this town.

"Uncle!"

He turned around seeing an explosion of pink pounce on him. When he could finally see again, he saw his wonderful Seven year old niece.

"Yes what us Ella?"

"Uncle,Papa's in prison, he needs your help!"

He gasped fear in heart, with a heavy heart he trudged away from freedom and back into this mess.

"Thorot, I am coming for you."

"The Highprince is my uncle, so it's excellent to see another person of status in our most. I have to say that there are some rather strange characters lurking around these establishments."--he glanced at HARVEY and Thorot, the latter of whom was still picking his teeth with a dagger--"Would you be so kind as to join me for dinner tonight at my uncle's residence? It's not far, and I'll sure the company would be more to your taste."

"I'd love to," Neiha said. She smiled at Brandir. "What time should I arrive?"

Alone in an alley, far from activity, HARVEY stood.

<separating torso chambers>

The metallic cage, akin to ribs, shifted and came apart in three sections. They glowed and hummed, lined with wires lights.

<removing drone compartment>

The center section moved forward, revealing a set of propellers and a small camera. HARVEY picked it out and held it in its palm.

<activating AirCam>

The drone whirred to life, lights blinking and propellers spinning. It lifted into the air and hovered before HARVEY. Then, the illusion came over it, transforming the small drone into a windspren. HARVEY commanded it, and it flew into the sky, shrinking to a pale dot.

<swithcing to AirCam>

Suddenly, HARVEY saw through the drone's eye. The town spread beneath it, the maze of roads clear among square rooftops. Dots as small as specks moved along--people. HARVEY did a thermal scan of the area, flames and bodies highlighted in the infrared vision. Here, nothing escaped the gaze of HARVEY.

"I think that six-thirty would be best. Uncle usually eats at about seven, but since he's not expecting company I'm sure he'd appreciate a few minutes' notice. He's a very busy man."

He leaned close and whispered, "My uncle's men will ensure that we're not followed.

Hak observed the pair walk off into the distance. Dishonorable vagabonds if he had ever seen them. He he pulled his swo d out, then reconsidered and decided simply to follow them. Nobody would sully the perfectly honorable reputation of the mighty order of the Ghostbloods.

spec doc please?

22 hours ago, Elenion said:

"I think that six-thirty would be best. Uncle usually eats at about seven, but since he's not expecting company I'm sure he'd appreciate a few minutes' notice. He's a very busy man."

He leaned close and whispered, "My uncle's men will ensure that we're not followed.

Neiha nodded, only half paying attention. As Brandir leaned in, she mentally sized him up. He was one of the better-looking boys in town, and had excellent connections. Still, one of his eyes looked weird. Rumor had it that his eye was permanently disfigured from spending too much time stalking girls with his telescope. Neiha had no idea if it was true or not, but it made excellent gossip. On the other hand, his uncle was a powerful man, which was far more important than how Brandir looked.

For now, Brandir was being far too forward. He assume an intimacy that just didn't exist yet. If Brandir wanted to date Neiha (really, there was no other way to interpret his invitation to dinner), she'd make him work for it.

Neiha stepped away from Brandir, as if embarrassed. "See you later," she said. "I've gotta go somewhere now."

"See you later.  I've gotta go somewhere now."

"And she said what?!"

"Please, Uncle, let me explain."

"Brandir, I love you like you were my own son, but you're not Adolin Kholin. There is no infinite supply of women that would date you, even with your ties to me."

"Why else do you think I invited her to dinner?"

"Because you lost the last one, that's why. She told me the engagement was off, right after seeing the glint of metal out of her window one night."

"That wasn't me, Uncle, that was Gaz using my telescope. You know that."

"And I sent him off to the Shattered Plains because of it. But Brandir, it doesn't matter that it was Gaz.  Everyone thinks it was you, and so for all intents and purposes it was you."

Brandir stifled the retort that nearly burst out of his mouth, and responded with a meek, "Yes, Uncle."

As Brandir strode out of the room, the lunch bell rang. He had to find that girl again.

damnation though Hak, as his targets went in opposite directions. I gotta either pick one, or go train. He decided to train. Sword dummies made more sense than people.

Hak went off to his house, which was fairly small, but nice on the inside. It was filled with weapons of all sorts, and a small table and bed in the corner. Hak grabbed a small dagger, and practiced on the hay bale outside. If tracking the Sons of Honor was as easy as stabbing he thought I would have them all dead by now.

43 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

I'm choosing whether or not to run a character on C2, because according to my history, approximately half my deaths are first-cycle.

Hey, I'll commit to not killing you in C1 if you want, unless I have a really good reason.

Since I haven't seen a player list yet, I went ahead and made one.

1. Arinian (Arvian)
  2. Manukos (Whiler)
  3. Bartimaeus (Bart)
  4. phattemer (Seixa)
  5. DroughtBringer (Groot)
  6. Hemalurgic_Headshot (HARVEY)
  7. Jondesu (Thorot)
  8. Elenion (Brandir Sebarial)
  9. Sart (Sart)
  10. Arraenae (Neiha Solam)
  11. Straw (Dave Davenport)
  12. Figberts (Hak)
  13. _Stick_ (Stick)
  14. Magestar (Enoemos)
  15. Ecthelion III (Amnar the Watcher)
  16. Drake Marshall (Mestow)
  17. Randuir (Battadin)
  18. TheMightyLopen (Revali)

@Manukos and @Ecthelion III, any chance you two have come up with character names, yet?

Considering there are over 16 hours left in for sign ups, I'm not sure how many more players will join. @Wyrmhero, if one more player, or three, or five decide sign up, I will volunteer to even out the numbers, that way there doesn't have to be a player working alone. Otherwise I'll just take a link to the spec doc. If you do end up with an odd number, my character will be simply known as The Soulcaster. I won't say much about him, since I would like him to make his debut in another Roshar game if I don't end up in this one. But if I do, I will warn everyone now that my posts will be in-character only. For those who played MR19, my involvement in the game will be very similar to that, although due to personality differences, The Soulcaster will not "play" the same as Berilen Leiken did.

For those of you who find it inconvenient to switch back to the first page to check, here's the countdown timer to the game's beginning.

gra_1489525200.png

EDIT: For some reason Manukos PM'd me his character name, so I filled it in. Here's the quote:

19 minutes ago, Manukos said:

you may add me in as whiler

Edited by Amanuensis