"And then the murders began."

Argent

"My name is Oliver Queen. After five years, I have returned home to save my city. But to do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else. And then the murders begin."

A not-inaccurate description of Arrow's first season, frankly :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Captains Domon said:

Gonna take a lot to drag me away from you! There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do! I bless the rains down in Africa! Gonna take some time to do the things we never have! And then the murders began.

There comes a time... when we heed a certain call...

And then... the murders begaaaaan...

Found some more ideas.

The Cat in the Hat:

"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. And then the murders began."

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland:

"Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, ‘and what is the use of a book,’ thought Alice ‘without pictures or conversations?’. And then the murders began."

The Secret Garden:

“When Mary Lennox was sent to Misselthwaite Manor to live with her uncle everybody said she was the most disagreeable-looking child ever seen. And then the murders began.“

Edited by Jondesu
Added one more

It was a dark and stormy night... and then the murders began.

More need not be said

So there I was standing on the bottom of an enormous glass bird, in no danger whatsoever, and then the murders began...

Alcatraz vs. The Scrivener's Bones

Kalak rounded the edge of a rocky stone ridge and stumbled to a stop before the body of a dying Thunderclast. Then the murders began.

Prelude to The Stormlight Archive, Book One

Welcome! Congratulations! I'm delighted you could make it. Getting here wasn't easy, I know. Then murders proceeded to begin.

(Take a guess, I'm  curious who else has the mild obsession to read everything and anything they can lay their hands on)

Lily's lamp blew out as she bolted down the hallway. She threw the lamp aside splashing oil across the painted wall and fine rug. The liquid glistened in the moonlight. The house was empty. Silent save for her panicked breathing. She'd given up on screaming... and then the murders began. :blink:

The Rithmatist

Why did I do it, asked Golan Trevise? Then the murders began.

Foundation and Earth

Kendra Sorenson jogged through the the warm mist, damp gravel crunching under foot, wondering if the moisture in the air was falling enough to be called rain. And then the murders began. (Dragonwatch).

When I left my office that beautiful spring day, I had no idea what was in store for me. And then the murders began. (Where the Red Fern Grows).

Miri woke to the sleepy bleeding of a goat. And then the murders began. (Princess Academy).

On 31/03/2017 at 9:39 PM, KnightRadiant said:

Kendra Sorenson jogged through the the warm mist, damp gravel crunching under foot, wondering if the moisture in the air was falling enough to be called rain. And then the murders began. (Dragonwatch).

You have Dragonwatch??

How is it?

10 hours ago, TMonsta said:

Wind howled through the night, carrying a scent that would change the world. And then the murders began. (Eragon...don't judge me. :P )

Fairly accurate depiction of the beginning of the book.

Why would we judge you?  I loved Eragon.  It might not be the best quality in the world, but neither were The Hunger Games or many of the Star Wars books I've read, but that doesn't make them any less fun.

Speaking of which:

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. And then the murders began." (A New Hope)

“Slowly, silently, its lights faint glitter of life amid the darkness, the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera glided through space. And then the murders began.” (Specter of the Past, by Timothy Zahn, one of the best Star Wars books ever written)

On 4/2/2017 at 5:16 AM, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

You have Dragonwatch??

How is it?

Very good, a little bit of a fast read, but still worth it.

"A shoebox-sized package is propped against the front door at an angle. And then the murders began." (Thirteen Reasons Why). Not the best of examples...

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of Number Four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. [But] then the murders began." (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)

"In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit. And then the murders began." (The Hobbit)

"When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton. And then the murders began." (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)

"The sun peeked over the horizon like the head of a giant radioactive manatee. And then the murders began." (Calamity)

• Chaos locked this topic