"And then the murders began."

Argent

7 minutes ago, Captains Domon said:

On May 28, 2016, a three-year-old boy climbed into a gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden and was grabbed and dragged by Harambe, a 17-year-old Western lowland gorilla. Fearing for the boy's life, a zoo worker shot and killed Harambe. And then the murders began.

That….is actually a rather accurate way to describe how the internet completely overreacted. :mellow: 

30 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Y'know, I can't help but wonder how adding "And then the murders began" to the LAST sentence of a book would look. :P

Hurm….. :ph34r: 

"As Harry looked at her, he lowered his hand absentmindedly and touched the lightning scar on his forehead. 
"'I know he will.' 
"The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.
"And then the murders began." 

Wow. Is that an improvement on the Deathly Hallows epilogue or what. :ph34r: 

38 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Y'know, I can't help but wonder how adding "And then the murders began" to the LAST sentence of a book would look. :P

Ha! This is a dangerous place for this thread to go.

"Well, I'm back".

And then the murders began.

3 hours ago, Quiver said:

There are no beginnings or endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was an ending. And then the murders began.

"What is it we value? Innovation. Originality. Novelty. But most importantly...timeliness. I fear you may be too late, my confused, unfortunate friend." And then the murders began.

Edited by Captains Domon

I'm surprised no one did this one yet:

"I've seen Steelheart bleed. And then the murders began." That's...the whole story, basically.

From The Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson:

"The old stories tell that when the first person woke up on the first morning in the world where this tale takes place, he yawned, stretched, and said to the first thing he saw, 'Well, here we are.' And then the murders began."

The War of the Worlds:

"No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. And then the murders began."

The Time Machine:

"The Time Traveller (for so it will be convenient to speak of him) was expounding a recondite matter to us. And then the murders began."

Song lyrics:

"The meek shall inherit the earth! And then the murders began..." 2112 by Rush. Actually makes sense in context with the rest of the song.

"Finally the hills are without eyes, They are tired of painting a dead man`s face red, With their own blood. And then the murders began." Bye Bye Beautiful by Nightwish

"The kisses of the sun - Were sweet I didn't blink
I let it in my eyes - Like an exotic drink
The radio playing songs - That I have never heard
I don't know what to say - Oh not another word

And then the murders began" Around the World by ATC

"The night was black, without a moon, the air was thick and still. And then the murders began" Witch Hunt by Rush

"Folks, here's a story 'bout Minnie the Moocher
She was a red-hot hoochie-coocher
She was the roughest, toughest frail
And then the murders began" Minnie the Moocher by Cab Calloway

And, my personal favourite,

"Immi daga uimpi geneta,
Lana beððos et' iouintutos
Blatus ceti, cantla carami
And then the murders began" Omnos by Eluveitie (sorry I couldn't translate the last line)

Up next: Wikipedia Random Article

He proposed that victory could be achieved by occupying the enemy's territory rather than destroying his army. Then the murders began. (Military Strategy)

On 16 November 2013 Seck made his professional debut, coming on as a late substitute in a 0–0 draw at Padova. And then, the murders began. (Baba Ndaw Seck)

It was known as Quarantine Island during the nineteenth century, when it was used to quarantine ships believed to carry contagious passengers. And then, the murders began.(Sand Island (Hawaii))

Between 1496 and 1518 St. Martin's lacked a priest, but it was served again from 1518 until 1547. Thereafter St. Martin's lapsed from use for worship and was turned into a barn. It was re-roofed in the 19th century but in 1998 its condition was semi-ruinous. And then the murders began. (Chisbury)

Before the club moved to the current site they played at Sportplatz at Rothenbaum. And then the murders began. (Volksparkstadion)

Torshishuiyeh (Persian: ترشي شوئيه‎‎, also Romanized as Torshīshū’īyeh; also known as Torshī Shū)[1] is a village in Sabzdasht Rural District, in the Central District of Bafq County, Yazd Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its existence was noted, but its population was not reported. Then the murders began. (Torshishuiyeh. Went from the entire text of a rather boring stub to the beginning of a grand encyclopaedia entry in just four words.

edit: I think I may look into branching out into the literary subgenre of Surrealist Encyclopaediac Microhorror as a hobby

Edited by Gargoyle
Had a brilliant idea

He who saw everything in the broad-boned earth, and knew what was to be known
Who had experienced what there was, and had become familiar with all things
He, to whom wisdom clung like a cloak, and who dwelt together with the Existence of Harmony
He who knew the secret of things and laid them bare. And then the murders began.

- Not the translation I'm familiar with, but hey: Gilgamesh.

4 hours ago, Claincy said:

"Bananas in pajamas are coming down the stairs. And then the murders began."

Reminds me of a different version of that song...
"Bananas in pajamas are coming down the stairs. With a shotgun, and a knife, to kill the teddy bears."