Hemalurgy and Feruchemy with Lerasium!

☫Kelsier☫

Hi!

Kell here. Alright, you may be bored with my crazy theories and questions by now but I'll still post. Atium, or Ruin, can store age with as its Feruchemical Attribute and steal any power via Hemalurgy. However, we haven't the slightest on what Lerasium, or Fuzz, and Ettmetal/Harmonium, or Saze steals/stores. (Another interesting topic is what happens to a Harmonium Savant, but I'll get teh dat later in my illustrious career.) 

I have a few peculiar ideas, and here they are!

Metal: Lerasium

Feruchemical Attribute: External time/age (Like Atium, but external-Makes objects you touch age web tapping, makes them 'rewind' during active storage)

Hemalurgic thing: Steals all previous Hemalurgic attributes in target

Metal: Harmonium/Ettmetal

Feruchemical attribute: During active storage, rewinds time at a slow rate and when tapped, time goes forward at a slow rate. Harmonium Metalminds can't store much time, severely limiting the ability.

Hemalurgic thing: Steals all targets memories or steals physical appearance (like a human Kandra)

Ising I excited seeing to your posting of ideas!

Edited by ☫Kelsier☫
Wasing the want of fixing the typo.

*yawn 

there are other areas of the shard (Why are new people taking to asking questions and theories here nowadays). Post your theories and things here

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/5-the-cosmere/

Find the allocated subject and go nuts.

Also, double posting is frowned upon here gah. too many people called Kelsier.

Hello, Maybe @Chaos can decide if it needs to be moved over. In the mean time, on your theory:

The Feruchemical lerasium probably wouldn't fly, as it deals with external objects, and Feruchemy can only store the attributes of the Feruchemist, not of other objects. I do like the other ideas.

Also, have an upvote and a cookie:
cookie.jpg

Edited by kenod
cookie not attached

1 hour ago, kenod said:

Hello, Maybe @Chaos can decide if it needs to be moved over. In the mean time, on your theory:

The Feruchemical lerasium probably wouldn't fly, as it deals with external objects, and Feruchemy can only store the attributes of the Feruchemist, not of other objects. I do like the other ideas.

Also, have an upvote and a cookie:
cookie.jpg

Thanks! You're probably right, and the cookie is AMAZING! 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:37 PM, ☫Kelsier☫ said:

Hi!

Kell here. Alright, you may be bored with my crazy theories and questions by now but I'll still post. Atium, or Ruin, can store age with as its Feruchemical Attribute and steal any power via Hemalurgy. However, we haven't the slightest on what Lerasium, or Fuzz, and Ettmetal/Harmonium, or Saze steals/stores. (Another interesting topic is what happens to a Harmonium Savant, but I'll get teh dat later in my illustrious career.) 

I have a few peculiar ideas, and here they are!

Metal: Lerasium

Feruchemical Attribute: External time/age (Like Atium, but external-Makes objects you touch age web tapping, makes them 'rewind' during active storage)

Hemalurgic thing: Steals all previous Hemalurgic attributes in target

Metal: Harmonium/Ettmetal

Feruchemical attribute: During active storage, rewinds time at a slow rate and when tapped, time goes forward at a slow rate. Harmonium Metalminds can't store much time, severely limiting the ability.

Hemalurgic thing: Steals all targets memories or steals physical appearance (like a human Kandra)

Ising I excited seeing to your posting of ideas!

Sup. Good to see another person on the shard. And I approve of you jumping right in with a theory. Have an upvote.

I'm not sure we can surely conclude that Lerasium (Fuzz's real name is Leras, by the way) has temporal effects like atium does. Might be particular to atium. But, that said, its entirely possible Lerasium shares some temporal characteristics, particularly since preservation is supposed to be the shard of eternity.

In regard to harmonium's feruchemical traits... I notice a pattern. Lerasium is preservation's metal, and when used with preservation's magic (allomancy) it acts sort of like a wild card, making you a full mistborn (although potentially also doing other things). Atium is ruin's metal, and when used with ruin's magic (hemalurgy) it also acts like a wild card, able to steal any attribute and do so more effectively. It might be that harmonium, harmony's metal, will act like a wildcard when used with feruchemy, harmony's magic. Meaning it could store any feruchemical attribute, more efficiently then a conventional metalmind. Just a thought.

On 3/6/2017 at 1:21 AM, Alendi said:

I think they're all Kelsier so it can be more confusing. It's much better that way.

There's always another Kelsier :ph34r:

15 hours ago, ☫Kelsier☫ said:

Thanks! You're probably right, and the cookie is AMAZING! 

The cookies are indeed amazing. Help yourself. Just don't eat too many or you turn into a koloss and fall under Ruin's influence get a stomach ache.

8 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Sup. Good to see another person on the shard. And I approve of you jumping right in with a theory. Have an upvote.

I'm not sure we can surely conclude that Lerasium (Fuzz's real name is Leras, by the way) has temporal effects like atium does. Might be particular to atium. But, that said, its entirely possible Lerasium shares some temporal characteristics, particularly since preservation is supposed to be the shard of eternity.

In regard to harmonium's feruchemical traits... I notice a pattern. Lerasium is preservation's metal, and when used with preservation's magic (allomancy) it acts sort of like a wild card, making you a full mistborn (although potentially also doing other things). Atium is ruin's metal, and when used with ruin's magic (hemalurgy) it also acts like a wild card, able to steal any attribute and do so more effectively. It might be that harmonium, harmony's metal, will act like a wildcard when used with feruchemy, harmony's magic. Meaning it could store any feruchemical attribute, more efficiently then a conventional metalmind. Just a thought.

There's always another Kelsier :ph34r:

The cookies are indeed amazing. Help yourself. Just don't eat too many or you turn into a koloss and fall under Ruin's influence get a stomach ache.

Hmm… Yeah that probably makes sense if I understood it right. (A big if :) ) Also, maybe Lerasium could store Allomancy?

There's always another shard:ph34r: (www.18thshard.com)

I'm not human, so I'll just make another stomach! ;) 

I've done some thinking on part of this before, and my conclusions were as follows:

F-Harmonium: This is the Universal Metalmind.  Allows you to store any attribute that is storable via Feruchemy (not just any attribute of your choosing)

H-Lerasium: This is a copy of a longer theory I typed out elsewhere:

Allomancy produces an effect for the recipient, and the power comes from an external source - the metal acts as a key to channel the Investiture of Preservation.  Atium Allomancy still produces an effect for the recipient, but the power comes directly from Ruin instead - and the practical application of the effect is also one that is Ruinous…

Hemalurgy produces an effect for the recipient, and the power comes from an external source - the death of the victim from whom the power is stolen by ripping part of their Spiritweb off and grafting it onto the recipient (with some loss of ability along the way).
Edge case: Gold Ferruchemy can heal the physical and spiritual damage if used quick enough, and prevent death.

Therefore!  For Lerasium Hemalurgy, it would seem logical that the effect is still provided to the recipient but the power for it comes directly from Preservation instead of the victim.  Which offers two possible conclusions:

1. Instead of the fuel being the death of the victim, they are Preserved and left alive - although with a tear in their Spiritweb where their power has been stolen.

2. Instead of stealing the power of the victim, the original Spiritweb is Preserved and a copy is made, fuelled by Preservation, and then grafted onto the recipient.  This would still have to leave them alive otherwise it's a moot point…

Now, because "Limitations > Powers", it seems more likely to me that the first option is the most likely - the second is just too powerful because it also includes the first.

A further limitation may be that the Lerasium is used up in the process - it is the fuel.  This would imply that the spike gradually dissolves once it is implanted, until it is used up and the effect stops functioning.

Now, a further question is: what does a Lerasium spike actually let you steal?  If an Atium spike lets you replicate any other Hemalurgic effect, what's left?

Does a Lerasium spike just not need a victim, and can grant you any Allomancy effect - or just let you steal being a Mistborn?

I haven't spent much time considering the other options in the list yet. :)

• Chaos locked this topic