2017-03-24/25: Germany - Leipzig Book Fair [Minor Cosmere Spoilers]

Pattern

I listened to the audio again and fixed some small mistakes. Seems like I overheard a he'd or confused it with he's. Sorry :wacko:

And I finally finished the the transcription of the third signing in Leipzig (the first at the book fair).

Here you go:

Edited by She Who Cannot Be Named
inserted WoBs from the signing session

Great questions.

Ah I guess we won't be having antagonist Elhokar, Brandon is fond of him... I really didn't want another from zero to hero story, we had so many already.

The Adolin question was something we did discuss a long, long, long time ago. I don't think anybody truly though the "snapping" meant he gained surgebinding abilities within the scene, but I have argued it meant something broke in him. Nothing magic more like when you suddenly loose all inhibitions, all control much like when your survivor's instinct kicks in.

It seems to confirm Nan Balat is influenced by Odium, that's what I am getting out of this WoB which means having Shallan's family move to Urithiru will create friction.

Edited by maxal

1 hour ago, maxal said:

Great questions.

Ah I guess we won't be having antagonist Elhokar, Brandon is fond of him... I really didn't want another from zero to hero story, we had so many already.

The Adolin question was something we did discuss a long, long, long time ago. I don't think anybody truly though the "snapping" meant he gained surgebinding abilities within the scene, but I have argued it meant something broke in him. Nothing magic more like when you suddenly loose all inhibitions, all control much like when your survivor's instinct kicks in.

It seems to confirm Nan Balat is influenced by Odium, that's what I am getting out of this WoB which means having Shallan's family move to Urithiru will create friction.

With Nan Balat, I'm pretty sure it's an unmade that is influencing him. Moving him to Uritheru might actually get him away from its influence.

5 hours ago, maxal said:

Yeah, and we kept discussing it, and it kept nagging at me... now I know. ;)

We learned so much! I'm so excited now :s

Thanks, @She Who Cannot Be Named, for the transcript and the talk. Was a blast o/

1 hour ago, manavortex said:

Yeah, and we kept discussing it, and it kept nagging at me... now I know. ;)

We learned so much! I'm so excited now :s

Thanks, @She Who Cannot Be Named, for the transcript and the talk. Was a blast o/

It is good to have this one tossed out of the way. At least if other people start arguing about it, I can throw them the WoB and end all discussions.

16 hours ago, Pattern said:

@She Who Cannot Be Named: Thanks for transscribing! I'll add it with the other transcriptions in the OP. Will there be more transcriptions? If that's all I can stop checking up this thread daily ;-)

As far as I know there aren't any more transcriptions to do. I think nobody recorded the first signing in Friday, so we won't get any answers there and everything else is done. 

Thank you for managing this thread :)