Cosmere puns (Again)

Voidus

H won't have a "rest of his life" after being cast to fire though. Except that short bit where he's being turned from flesh into fire.

I don't think instantaneous really makes any scientific sense, to be honest. Judging from the air-to-stone moment Adolin saw the matter sometimes does need to move to account for state-changes. Instantaneous kind of defies relativity. The fact that the air can be observed to move into place at all suggests it's just fast.

Fast enough to not heat the man befire killing him. Plus, the "rest of his life" was the moments before being soulcast.

Edit: befire. My phone turned a typo into a pun :ph34r:

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

"soulcast a man into fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life" is future tense, pulse.

The non-cosmere version of the joke literally involves burning them to death, so it definitely happens after.

I think you didn't understand me. The point was that he wouldn't be warm for the rest of his life. In his last moments before being soulcast he would be cold, then he would have a warm corpse.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 2:03 AM, Ookla the Guacless said:

Hello. Please check when the last post of the thread was made before you necro it, please, lest you Awaken the admins and face their Odium. ;)

Oh, Adonalsium. I'm going to be that one who Pushes the admins to the Snapping point, aren't I?

Oh no! I have reached the point where I can no longer give rep today! This is a Calamity of Epic proportions. I shall Return tommorow to read more Breathtaking puns, and to Rayse the upvotes on these posts to Honour the Cultivation of these Radiant puns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic