[BoM Spoilers] Ettmetal Question

TheAlmighty

I was just reading about Ettmetal on the wiki and had this thought. Is it safe to assume that since the Southern Scadrians seem to have a lot of the stuff, that Harmony's Shardpool is on the Southern continent? 

I will say I've only read SoS and BoM once each, and both a year ago. So my understanding of those stories is a little fuzzy. Not to mention I felt bewildered by the mysteries of the Bands, Trell, and Ettmetal while I read them. 

33 minutes ago, bleeder said:

*very loud coughing*

But seriously, where did the Coughing man get so much of harmonium? I mean, they use lots and lots of it. And previously godmetals were not lying around in heaps (save for the heap that was build over a thousand years span).

44 minutes ago, Itchy Savant said:

@Oversleep Is it possible for Saze to Invest faster than a normal shard?  He made the Basin too fertile for them so maybe He made his shardpool with a super high yield rate to help people? I mean being a combo shard means he could probably afford to lose the extra power.

Why would he need to invest more quickly? He could probably just will some ettmetal into existence. I guess that could qualifying as investing more quickly.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

On 2.03.2017 at 6:50 PM, Markus said:

He did need somewhere to dump the extra Ruin power, right?  Maybe that's it.

Well, we know harmonium is unbalanced towards Ruin, so that's true. Although I don't know if it's possible to offset that human sentience unbalance of Preservation with just some godmetal.

EDIT: Actually it's a theory, sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Oversleep

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Well, we know harmonium is unbalanced towards Ruin, so that's true. Although I don't know if it's possible to offset that human sentience unbalance of Preservation with just som godmetal.

We don't know that. I've theorized it, based on a detailed exploration of what I think the chemistry is like. But as far as I'm aware, I'm the original source of that idea, and it hasn't been presented to Brandon for confirmation at any point.

22 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

We don't know that. I've theorized it, based on a detailed exploration of what I think the chemistry is like. But as far as I'm aware, I'm the original source of that idea, and it hasn't been presented to Brandon for confirmation at any point.

I must have misunderstood you at some point, then :) (Because you're right, I was basing it off your topic)

• Chaos locked this topic