Twins on Nalthis

SylphrenaHonorSpren

5 minutes ago, SylphrenaHonorSpren said:

I was browsing through the Cosmere corner of Tumblr recently, and I saw a question that piqued my interest: What happens when twins are born on Nalthis? Does only one have Breath? Do they both have one Breath? Is the Breath somehow split between them? I'd love to know if there are any theories out there. 

Interesting idea. To me they're two separate people just with the same DNA so they should both have a Breath. What does interest me is identity. Do they have an identical identity? If one awakens an object, could the other take that Breath from it?

I would think that they would each recieve their own breath because they are seperate people.

15 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Interesting idea. To me they're two separate people just with the same DNA so they should both have a Breath. What does interest me is identity. Do they have an identical identity? If one awakens an object, could the other take that Breath from it?

I would say that even though twins are often very similar, (I myself am a twin) they are still distinct people. They may have different friends, relationships, hobbies, interests, personalities, behaviors, etc. All of which will influence their connection and identity. So, they would not be able to use each other's breath since their identities will be similar, but not exactly the same.

• Chaos locked this topic