Mistborn: SH reference

Auger

I know this sub-forum has already established that Decay is pretty much the proto-Ruin, but I was re-reading Secret History earlier and found this quote, where Kelsier looks into Ruin's prison:

"In that other place, he found destruction. Decay. Not blackness, for blackness was too complete, too whole to represent this thing he sensed in the Beyond."

Possible little name drop to tease us a little?

Could be deliberate, could be a coincidence when Brandon was looking for a good word since there's only so many snappy synonyms for entropy.

Either way, I'm certain he's going to be teasing us with maybe-references to Aether up until the moment he confirms he's working on the rewrite. See: 'Vax'.

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2017 at 2:20 PM, Weltall said:

Could be deliberate, could be a coincidence when Brandon was looking for a good word since there's only so many snappy synonyms for entropy.

Either way, I'm certain he's going to be teasing us with maybe-references to Aether up until the moment he confirms he's working on the rewrite. See: 'Vax'.

Where was Vax in AoN?

• 2 weeks later...

Other way, Khriss says that Initiation on Elantris is different from, for example, Vax. So we can neither confirm nor deny the possibility that Vax is a new name for Vaeria based on that and Brandon has RAFO'd any questions on the subject.

I've also seen speculation that Vax could be the setting for Dark One, which is going to be part of the cosmere whenever Brandon writes it. Based mostly (I imagine) on the fact that it's the only other unpublished cosmere work we know about whose setting isn't already known to us. Well, unless you count Skyward but I don't think Brandon has said anything on that one for a long while, while he does keep bringing up Dark One.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:40 AM, Auger said:

I know this sub-forum has already established that Decay is pretty much the proto-Ruin, but I was re-reading Secret History earlier and found this quote, where Kelsier looks into Ruin's prison:

"In that other place, he found destruction. Decay. Not blackness, for blackness was too complete, too whole to represent this thing he sensed in the Beyond."

Possible little name drop to tease us a little?

I thought Decay was more like Odium, while Slaughter and Despair were similar to Ruin and Preservation.