Conquestor

5 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Oh I see why put Kandra in title:

1)If you are want to gain trust. (this doubtful cause kandra can be elim but still you many times did things that looks not logical for me)

2)If you are Ruin.

I is not Ruin!

Just another faithful Kandra to the Nobles :ph34r:

Edit: not that ruin isn't faithful. No offense, ruin

Edited by _Stick_

36 minutes ago, Arinian said:

I still didn't get answer on "Kandra in title of PM". Is it true or you just failed in phrasing?

Question to GMs.

Can kandra or Ruin put whatever they want in title of PM? Or is was GMs fault with Aman's PM? Or he just liar(I think there no need in this question cause if I will get answers on other two this one will be obvious, but still it's here *shrug*)?

Kandra and Ruin must put LG31, the cycle number, and the names of the players involved in the title of each PM. Anything beyond that is entirely up to them. 

50 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Oh I see why put Kandra in title:

1)If you are want to gain trust. (this doubtful cause kandra can be elim but still you many times did things that looks not logical for me)

2)If you are Ruin.

This is horrid logic. You missed (at least) two other options for why it would say Kandra:
3) Stick decided to put Kandra in the title as to establish that it was a Kandra for ease of people reading through it. It would make a lot of sense for if a GM were to read through it and to have messages specifically stating which is which for organization purposes.

4) Stick believed that it was required to put Kandra in the title, I want to say that other games have had specifics in the titles of the PM's (like LG29 and the world chats) where they explicitly stated what the chat was, it is easy to just assume that that is what is expected in a game.

1 minute ago, DroughtBringer said:

This is horrid logic. You missed (at least) two other options for why it would say Kandra:
3) Stick decided to put Kandra in the title as to establish that it was a Kandra for ease of people reading through it. It would make a lot of sense for if a GM were to read through it and to have messages specifically stating which is which for organization purposes.

4) Stick believed that it was required to put Kandra in the title, I want to say that other games have had specifics in the titles of the PM's (like LG29 and the world chats) where they explicitly stated what the chat was, it is easy to just assume that that is what is expected in a game.

3 - Maybe it would ease people but I don't think that should work so. As you can see this made me paranoid, not ease.  Point about easier for GMs right but not more.

4 - It's absolutely other situation then World PMs in LG29. Also point about that Stick thought so, is not wise cause then Ruin's ability to create PMs it's useless trash.

Right. With so little time left in the cycle, I should probably explain myself. I think there is a reasonable chance I die to a vigilante tonight, and would not blame them for killing me.

My reasons for not responding previously this cycle are threefold. I was asleep when the cycle went up, having had a long day at work, and four hours sleep after my analysis the night before. When I woke up, I was deeply embarrassed, frustrated, and angry at myself. I've put a lot of effort and energy into this game - many, many hours of analysis, and was wrong. @Hemalurgic_Headshot, I am sorry for tunnelling on you.

This evening, I've had a nightmarish day at work, and have had very little time between getting home and eating. 

Some thoughts on the game, albeit brief:

Talking is incredibly important. Aman has put a lot of effort into the game, which is really impressive, but needs to be challenged and supported. It would be a real shame for the game to turn into an Aman-directed mayorship, however right he may be. 

I would also ask that people do consider the possibility that Aman is evil, especially as the game goes on, with the potential for conversions. Yes, it's intimidating to challenge him (and I suggest that if anyone does, they make sure they do a better job than I did, which probably means not trying to do so after a day of work and 7-8 hours of analysis. That tends to limit one's ability to structure coherent arguments.

This game could be over very soon. Please, please be active. I spoke 48 hours ago about the balance of information and players - two pendulums, if you will. Village lives could swing very heavily by the end of tonight, and not in our favour. I don't think information has been swinging our way fast enough. 

If anyone is looking for an explanation of my actions, I would ask them to look through a lens of information. My actions throughout this game have been driven by trying to create discussion. My questions on D1 were not an attempt to hide, but to draw something out of a bandwagon. My accusations of Aman, despite knowing I had a tenuous argument, were because I thought stating them regardless was the best way to create a discussion, and to actually put some pressure on Aman, who has otherwise focused almost without check on other players.

I have learnt a lot from doing analysis this game. In AG3, I had the benefit of eight cycles of information before I started, which gave me a lot more to work with. This game, I had less than two cycles, which made my methodology far more susceptible to reliance upon singular anomalous events, rather than patterns.

I have also revised my "alignment" column. Whilst originally intended to consider each post's impact on a player's alignment in isolation, time pressure whilst analysing, an eagerness to be right after finding something anomalous led me to use it as a general sense of a player over the game so far. This has led to tunnelling this game, and is something I will make a conscious effort to deal with in future games.

Thank you all for the opportunity to play this game, and I'm sorry for wasting last cycles lynch. I remain somewhat embarrassed at the state of my analysis this game. 

LG31: Day Three - Aftermath

The nobles stared at each other. The Lord Ruler, Sliver of Immortality, lay fallen on the cold steel floor, forever. How they’d managed to kill him, no one was even quite sure. Jack had done something - pulled, somehow, the bands from his shoulders, and the Lord Ruler had withered within minutes.

Everyone had suspected him, yes. Everyone accused him. Lord Tekiel, Neer, Alrin, Lady Mater, all called him skaa to his face, and he did not strike them down. He had seemed almost… tired. 

No one noticed Remart’s smile. 

Everyone did notice what Jack had done, though. No one had expected the Lord Ruler to actually die

Lord Alrin stepped forward. “You… you killed the Lord Ruler.”

“Yes,” Jack said defiantly. “Didn’t we all say he was skaa? Didn’t he deserve it?”

“I… no.” Alrin shook his head, stepping further out of the cluster of shocked nobles so that he had a clear line of sight to the man. “He was our God. Weren’t you raised to believe that?”

“He was skaa! He had to die. Don’t you see that?”

“No. He didn’t. And you just murdered the person who has ruled us for a millennium now.” Alrin raised his hands, burning steel. There were plenty of bits of metal left in the room from the earlier fight. They shot out from him, towards Jack.

Jack smiled. “If that’s how this must be.” He gestured himself, pushing back on those bits of metal and gathering new ones to him until he was enclosed in a vortex of swirling metal, sending it at Alrin like an unstoppable storm. 

So Alrin Pushed back, and both were thrown against the walls of the chamber. The outermost coins fell away, leaving only a few in the middle to be flattened. Whoever he was, Jack was strong. Stronger, perhaps, than Alrin. Sooner or later, someone’s steel would give out, or someone would come to aid one or the other. 

Alrin, fortunately, had a few tricks up his sleeve. He was no Mistborn, but he’d taken the liberty of procuring a couple of those glass daggers anyway. Quietly, he reached his hand behind his back, grabbing one out of its sheath. He weighed the distance, nodded, and deliberately lost focus with his Steelpush, just a little bit. Just enough to make Jack cry out in victory. Just enough to distract him.

Alrin threw, and his aim was true. The knife took Jack in the neck. He saw it coming, but was too late - and couldn’t have dodged anyway, not without releasing his own Push and dooming himself to death by tiny spikes. 

Strangely, the Push didn’t stop, even as Jack slumped to the floor. Coins and bits of metal hung in the air between Alrin and Jack, still. Carefully, Alrin took a piece of metal from his pocket and flicked it to the side, Pushing himself out of the way of the coins and letting them fall against the wall where he had been, harmlessly. Carefully, he and the other nobles advanced towards the fallen Jack. 

His eyes fluttered open. “You shall not kill me,” he said, managing to speak despite the gaping cut in his throat. “Even the Lord Ruler could not kill me. Why would a bunch of petty nobles be able to?”

“Skaa,” Neer spat. “The Lord Ruler was never skaa, was he? You just wanted an excuse.”

“More than that,” Lord Tekiel said. “I knew Jack, once. He was no skaa then. This is…” the corners of his mouth turned downwards in disdain. “A replacement, shall we say?”

Jack smiled. “You cannot kill me,” he said mockingly, “for I am hope.” 

Alrin stepped forward. How to kill a kandra… They probably couldn’t without acid, of which there was none in the room. For now, though, severe incapacitation would do. 

He picked up a few coins from the floor. Jack watched him, of course. So, when Alrin threw the coins at Jack, Alrin simply stepped out of the way of Jack’s Push and brought the other glass dagger down, cleanly beheading him. 

Then he gasped. He hadn’t quite been fast enough, or perhaps Jack had had one more coin left in waiting. He doubled over from the pain of the coin shot through his stomach. 

His vision faded, slowly. 

He was alright with that. His duty had been done. 

The rest of the nobles looked around at each other nervously, again. Who would be next to go? Jack wasn’t the last skaa, they knew. Who, then? 

The Great Lord Mister King Count General Doctor President Sir William VII looked around, trying to spot some trace of evidence on the faces of those around him. Most were gasping in shock at Alrin’s sudden death, or staring in disdain at Jack. 

One, however, was not. 

Boris looked at Alrin with a small smile - so slight that had The Great Lord Mister King Count General Doctor President Sir William VII not been burning tin, he doubted he would’ve noticed. 

“Lord Boris,” he said politely, with a slight edge. “Why are you smiling?”

“What?” Boris said defensively. “I’m not smiling! Why would I be smiling?” 

“Perhaps because you’re skaa, and perhaps even Jack’s master?” Neer suggested. 

“Pssh. I am a noble, just like the rest of you.” 

The Great Lord Mister King Count General Doctor President Sir William VII was watching. Boris’ breathing sped up. He was afraid. “No, Boris. You aren’t. You’re skaa.”

Boris shook his head again. “I’m not skaa! Whyever would you think that?”

Kelsier hadn’t said much this game. He was new to the court, and a man of few words, they’d learned. 

He cut to the chase. “You’re skaa. Die.” He drew a dagger and stabbed Boris through the heart. (The Great Lord Mister King Count General Doctor President Sir William VII, with his tin flared as it was, couldn’t help but notice the reactions - Neer was grimly satisfied, Lord Locke looked ready to faint in horror that a splatter of blood had gotten on his pristine suit, Remart was very nearly… bored?)

Boris glared, the mask falling away to reveal the hatred beneath. He threw himself not at his killer, but at The Great Lord Mister King Count General Doctor President Sir William VII. The one who had revealed him. “Die, noble scum.”

They couldn’t pull him off in time. When the chaos subsided, four bodies lay beside the Lord Ruler. 

The nobles looked at each other in silence. It was done, they knew. Jack had been the skaa’s trump card. Without him, the organization would collapse. So long as they could stop the Final Empire from collapsing with it…

Remart smiled. Preservation had been maddeningly elusive, but even so. The Lord Ruler was dead. Now, there was nothing to stop his ascension. All was going according to plan. 

Arinian was killed! He was a Noble Steel Misting!
Joe was killed! He was Kelsier and a Kandra!
Len was killed! He was a Skaa Bronze Misting!
Drought was killed! He was a Tin Misting, Kandra, and Part Skaa!
The Nobles win!

LG31  has ended. Well done, everyone, and (many) GM thoughts will be up in a day or two. 

Docs
Spec/Dead Doc
Evil Doc
Ruin Doc
Spreadsheet

Player List

Spoiler

1. Phattemer - Exisa-Zinc Ferring, Metallurgist
2. Jondesu - Remart- Ruin
3. Elenion - Boris - Skaa Bronze Misting
4. Silverblade - Ryth- Iron Misting, Part Skaa
5. Arinian - Alrin - Steel Misting
6. Straw - Tua Mater- Pewter Misting
7. Hemalurgic Headshot - Mariachi BandLord Ruler
8. Bartimaeus - Kelsier Noble Assassin  
9. Amanuensis - Neer Zinc Misting
10. Ecthelion IIIGold Ferring
11. Magestar - Magister AgemtsarIron Ferring, Metallurgist
12. Droughtbringer - The Great Lord Mister King Count General Doctor President Sir William VII (or Glumped) Tin Misting, Part Skaa, Kandra
13. Randuir - DougalCopper Misting, Kandra
14. Stick- Tin Misting, Part Skaa, Kandra
15. Szeth Son-Son Mallano - Osuer Preservation
16. Joe - Jack Tormander Kelsier Kandra

Edited by Elbereth

Ack, and I just looked at the list. I was planning to use my kill tonight on Szeth, for the Crusade and on the off chance he was Preservation. AND HE WAS! Grr.

Also, @Ecthelion III, I apologize for the day 1 kill, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to maybe find Preservation, with the way you and Aman were talking. It didn't work out since Preservation wasn't actually even on the boards, but I thought it was a fairly good gambit, and then I got lucky with you being Skaa.

Edited by Jondesu

4 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

So? I killed you as well.

Kelsier killed by usual coinshot... I still gonna count is as vengeance *shrug*

3 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Sorry I didn't manage to work in Locke finding Neer's purse on him, Joe. :P Not quite enough time, because Arin kept changing his order

Hey it's not my fault. It's you gave me coins and said "Shoot!". And there was so many targets running around.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Well then. I got a GM PM from Darkness and expected death. Not victory.

That was short lived.

Can someone explain to me who killed who?

I killed Ecth. My second order was spying on your PMs, but that turned out to be meaningless since the game ended at the time I would have gotten them.

I'm on mobile forced to work the bar at a going away party at my house, so I'm not exactly able to check much...

That being said, woo. Jon killed Ecth, Arinian killed Joe and Bart killed Len. Nicely done.

Fights the urge not to say my top three suspicions this game were right. Proceeds to do it anyway in italics.