Cloudbleed

Young Bard

Last night, there was a breach discovered in a large number of sites including Cloudflare. Some major sites, such as Discord, Uber, and Yelp use Cloudflare. In total, there were up to about 4.5 million domains that could have been affected. Luckily, it appears that Google discovered the leak and informed Cloudflare before the hackers discovered the bug, so the number of sites actually affected seem to be minimal. To search for potentially affected sites, you can go to this website and search up any sites that were potentially affected. It's been recommended that you change your passwords on all the Cloudflare based domains you can think of/remember, just to be safe instead of sorry, as there are a residual number of password folders, etc., that have been residually been left on search browsers such as Google and Bing as a result of this leak.

Note: The Shard does use Cloudflare, but I got confirmation from the admins, who got confirmation from Cloudflare, that the Shard was not affected by this leak.

P.S. For those who don't really understand what Cloudflare is, or want to know more about the Cloudbleed leak, this provides a relatively good explanation. Or, for the more technically minded, you can read Cloudflare's official statement.

4 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

Note: The Shard does use Cloudflare, but I got confirmation from the admins, who got confirmation from Cloudflare, that the Shard was not affected by this leak.

I was wondering about that when I first heard of this leak. Good to know :)

• 2 weeks later...

That is correct, 17S does use Cloudflare but was not affected. Rest assured Cloudflare has been top notch in notifying and if something did go awry I'd be very clear, even sending out mass emails, to notify users of something going wrong.