Magic system choice

The Almighty Cheese

Sanderson specific? I'd go with Feruchemy. Would be nice to finally get a use out of this ring I've been wearing...

Then again, it's made of bronze, and god knows I don't need anymore incentives for wasting away my evenings writing stories and posting things on the net.

If I could go with absolutely anything else though I'd go for Jim Butcher's Fury system (read: less complicated spren magic), magic in Mage: The Ascension, or general blood magic from DA.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:40 AM, Mr. Staccato said:

If I could go with absolutely anything else though I'd go for Jim Butcher's Fury system (read: less complicated spren magic), magic in Mage: The Ascension, or general blood magic from DA.

I would be either a rithmatist or a forger. Rithmatist because I so want to vs people in it and a forger because I would want to experiment......

just a question though staccato what fury would you have. I like metal so I can turn into metal and be epic.

2 hours ago, chop_ninja2 said:

I would be either a rithmatist or a forger. Rithmatist because I so want to vs people in it and a forger because I would want to experiment......

just a question though staccato what fury would you have. I like metal so I can turn into metal and be epic.

Oh wow you've read Jim Butcher too! Awesome! To be honest all the furies are awesome though I have some reservations with metal (don't get me wrong, it's epic!) but I'm a little more inclined to furycrafting where the fury actually takes shape. I'd like to say water because empathy and shapeshifting is way, way cool - but the average human being is horny more than 70% of the time and I don't want to be in the receiving end of that all.

My second answer would be wood - it isn't flashy or anything, and there's little to no utility to it in the real word, but I liked the way Fidelias described the way his racoon wood fury looked like. Like stray bits of wood and shrubbery appearing alongside an interplay of shadow, a fury you can only see out of the corner of your eye. JUST AWESOME.

So I would like a wood fury - I'd want him to appear as a golden monkey like Marisa Coulter's daemon from The Golden Compass and I'd call him Bartholomy. :D