Godly alloys (Scadrial)

Ataraxian Wist

Hey, I'm kind of new here, though I've been a Cosmere fan for a while. I'm currently the Narrator for my Mistborn Adventure Game Crew, and while reading the Treatise Metallurgic, I was quite interested to find that, while Lerasium can be made into an alloy with any other Allomantic metal, turning someone into a Misting of that metal Instead of a Mistborn, Atium has only one known alloy: Malatium, the so called Eleventh Metal, an alloy of Atium and gold.

When Burned, Malatium allows the Allomancer to see someone else's past and might-have-beens, which makes it basically an external version of gold, which allows one to see one's own past and might-have-beens. This makes sense, as Atium is the External, God, Pulling metal. So, when Burning Malatium, you are basically Burning gold through someone else.

It therefor stands to reason that the other Atium alloys would function similarly, effectively using their powers through someone else's body.

I'll continue this later with more detail and speculations on the other alloys, but I figured this was as good a topic as any to introduce myself with.

--Sazedezas

39 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Hey, I'm kind of new here, though I've been a Cosmere fan for a while. I'm currently the Narrator for my Mistborn Adventure Game Crew, and while reading the Treatise Metallurgic, I was quite interested to find that, while Lerasium can be made into an alloy with any other Allomantic metal, turning someone into a Misting of that metal Instead of a Mistborn, Atium has only one known alloy: Malatium, the so called Eleventh Metal, an alloy of Atium and gold.

When Burned, Malatium allows the Allomancer to see someone else's past and might-have-beens, which makes it basically an external version of gold, which allows one to see one's own past and might-have-beens. This makes sense, as Atium is the External, God, Pulling metal. So, when Burning Malatium, you are basically Burning gold through someone else.

It therefor stands to reason that the other Atium alloys would function similarly, effectively using their powers through someone else's body.

I'll continue this later with more detail and speculations on the other alloys, but I figured this was as good a topic as any to introduce myself with.

--Sazedezas

Hello and welcome to the world of Sanderfaningness! (Don't ask where that came from).
Like Shqueeves said, avoid the cookies. They be dangerous. What books by Brandon have you read?
Also, that's an interesting theory, and I'm sure you could get more replies in the Mistborn section :) 

4 hours ago, KnightRadiant said:

Hello and welcome to the world of Sanderfaningness! (Don't ask where that came from).
Like Shqueeves said, avoid the cookies. They be dangerous. What books by Brandon have you read?
Also, that's an interesting theory, and I'm sure you could get more replies in the Mistborn section :) 

Only the original Mistborn trilogy and Way of Kings, though I'm reading Words of Radiance and Alloy of Law right now.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:06 AM, Sazedezas said:

--Sazedezas

I had considered the effects of Atium alloys and their external /internal reversal.  Making Steel/Iron difficult and Brass/Zinc weird. :)

My question, who can burn Malatium?

Only Mistborn or Gold and Atium mistings too

Hey sazedezas,

I'm new here too [this is my first post on the forum]:D

could a person burn lerasium alloyed with atium, and if what you say is correct, what would atium alloyed with lerasium do? you said

18 hours ago, Sheridan_rd said:

This makes sense, as Atium is the External, God, Pulling metal. So, when Burning Malatium, you are basically Burning gold through someone else.

would the effects be different? hypothetically, [if god metals can be alloyed] then a more lerasium based alloy would make you a seer, but burning an atium based alloy, acording to this rule, would mean that you create a mistborn or misting of a 3rd alloyed metal [has been confirmed, vin mentions that one of the metals is an alloy of 3 other metals] this is all assuming though that 2 god metals can be alloyed, but could this second compound be what harmonium is?

Also, as i mentined im new here, i read somthing about "start[ing] a topic to let us know you exist" how do i do that

On 02/03/2017 at 2:13 AM, Sheridan_rd said:

I had considered the effects of Atium alloys and their external /internal reversal.  Making Steel/Iron difficult and Brass/Zinc weird. :)

My question, who can burn Malatium?

Only Mistborn or Gold and Atium mistings too

brass/zinc combo could be soothing/rioting yourself? it is known that soothers and rioters cant soothe/riot themselves, its mentioned by breeze or vin somewhere... also, steel/iron could be reversed, atium steel being pulling toward something and iron atium pushing something, as if 

On 02/03/2017 at 2:13 AM, Sheridan_rd said:

This makes sense, as Atium is the External, God, Pulling metal. So, when Burning Malatium, you are basically Burning gold through someone else.

is correct, then it would be like another person is pushing/pulling you. this would make it only situationally useful though, as in a place devoid of metal, with no one carrying metal except yourself, a mistborn could possibly use atium/steel to push off something, even though theres no metal, and a steel misting could push and pull now, making it very useful for them. it would be a weird one, but also a useful one. also I've thought about the burn times for atium alloys, i think it might just be a faster burn of the original, not to the minute or 2 of atium however. on the question of who can burn atium alloys, my theory is that you would need a new misting, steel/atium for example, to burn it, as with other metalic alloys, zinc/brass, zinc mistings cant burn brass. this would mean that there is another 31 metals [malatium being discovered] that can be burnt, all alloys of god metals.

this article explains a lot about properties of atium, and from that i think i have developed a theory- 

so atium allows you to see into the future- at least thats how people use it. though elend in HoA used duralumin with atium, allowing him to see into the spiritual realm, expanding his presence, and seeing preservations ultimate plan. what we have discussed in this forum is about how atium is the 

On 04/03/2017 at 10:18 AM, Thinker said:

which also makes sense. the correlation between the 2 exists, and is powerfull. in the discussion above they talked about how preservation can "see further into the future than ruin" and this is likely due to intent, as preservation wants to keep everything the same, were as ruin wants change for the sake of change, and causes destruction for the sake of destruction- this means that ruin may not see the "consequences" of destroying, as he only does it for the sake of destruction [ruin is a "man", at least ati is: "ati was once a kind and genourous man"] this also makes sense, however, the thread also spoke about how atium is on the scale of seconds, were as ruin is on the scale of decades/years. this is confirmed by honor in stormlight archive, when he speaks about how cultivation could see further into the future than he could, though could still see the everstorm [haven't read WoR yet, though am in the process of doing so, so this may not be correct] and that is a while a way [Brandon promised 10 books and has only written 2] possibly no more than a year, though this proves ruin can still see into the future, just not clearly [this was used by sazed as well "the further i look through the window, the cloudier it gets" or something like that] so, back to the point- ruin can see into the future. hemalurgy is of ruin, as you change a persons sDNA and kill them, causing change and destruction- so my theory is that, rather than burning a meta through someone else, you are using there sDNA to burn a metal, which is why "spoiler alert for Final Empire" vin could see the lord rulers past, he could burn gold, so vin could too [even though vin could also burn gold]. this connects to the seeing into the future, as it has to be pure atium- this means that you ingest ruin [the "body" of a shard and its power are the same thing] meaning you are gaining ruin [to create humanity ruin and preservation put a bit of themselves "inside" a person, the more preservation in you, the more likely you are to be a misting or mistborn] so having more ruin in you means that you can enter more in the spiriual realm, alowing you to see the future. the reason lerasium doesn't do this is because preservations intent would contradict that, as if a person sees into the future they can change it . this rule would also hold for other shards [only read mistborn and stormlight archives, so it holds true for those 5].

conclusion- burning atium is the equivalent not of burning a metal through someone else, but using there sDNA to burn it, like a hemalurgist would, though for a shorter time. burning pure atium is the equivalent of a "part accession" were you enter the spiritual realm more, and gain more "ruin" you can see further into the future. also, a misting burning atium alloyed___ would be able to burn the alloyed metal if a mistborn/misting of that metal was "in the area of effect" allowing them to burn that metal, like vin did with the lord ruler.

the impacts of this would change a lot, as as i said above [previous post], thats another 15 metals that a person can bur alloyed with atium, also, my theories about steel/iron and zink/brass would still hold true.

i wasn't sure above how to add the "secret" comment thing, does anyone know how? also, my spellings really bad, and the spell check isn't great, so sorry for any mistakes

this forum points out that the grenades run on harmonium/ettmetal, this would further support my points about a atium lerasium alloy, as the grenades "project" an ability like aluminum  or speed bubbles, and store it

also sorry i keep posting over an over, but i am really excited about this topic and its the only place ive found that talks about the effects of harmonium and atium

5 hours ago, Thinker said:

this forum points out that the grenades run on harmonium/ettmetal, this would further support my points about a atium lerasium alloy, as the grenades "project" an ability like aluminum  or speed bubbles, and store it

also sorry i keep posting over an over, but i am really excited about this topic and its the only place ive found that talks about the effects of harmonium and atium

Yes, I've thought about this. Harmonium however is not an Atium/Lerasium Alloy. There are probably a lot of effects of Harmonium that we don't know yet, a whole lot that we don't know yet.

Oh and to provide some raw estimates, considering the 16 base metals, Atium, Lerasium, and Harmonium (ettmetal), there should be something of 135 metals.

16 base metals

16 base metals alloyed with Atium

16 base metals alloyed with Lerasium

16 base metals alloyed with Harmonium

16 base metals alloyed with Harmonium and Atium

16 base metals alloyed with Harmonium and Lerasium

16 base metals alloyed with Atium and Lerasium

16 base metals alloyed with Harmonium and Atium and Lerasium

Atium

Lerasium

Harmonium

Atium alloyed with Lerasium