[Theory][Mistborn 1 and WoR spoilers] Rock's Air Obsession

Markus

Please tell me if this has been proposed before.

Anyone who has read the Stormlight Archive knows all about Rock's obsession with the thick lowlander air.  I think most people just assume it's a cultural belief.  However, I think it could be Honor/Cultivation's gaseous manifestation.

Ruin and Preservation both had a solid, liquid, and gaseous manifestation:

From the Well of Ascension, of course, a voice whispered in her head. It’s the same power, after all. Solid in the metal you fed to Elend. Liquid in the pool you burned. And vapor in the air, confined to night. Hiding you. Protecting you.

Preservation's manifestations

It had ended here, at a second, slightly smaller cavern that was clogged with a thick, dark smoke. It didn’t seep out of the cavern, as it should have, but billowed and churned upon itself.

Ruin- this, atium, and his Shardpool at Hathsin(I think I remember that from somewhere but if I'm wrong correct me.)

So, the rest of the shards probably have these three manifestations too.  I'm not sure if that's been confirmed yet, but it seems like a logical assumption.  We know the solid manifestations of Honor and Cultivation are the Shardblades and the shardpool(s) of one (or both) of them are in the Horneater Peaks.  We haven't seen their gaseous manifestation yet.  Is it possible that the Horneater air is this gaseous manifestation?  It seems like a strange idea for the Horneaters to get into their heads, and Rock continues to believe it despite having breathed the lowlander air for around a year.  If there was really no difference, then Rock probably would have realized.  What do you think?

The air is actually denser at lower altitudes so I think it is just cultural. A extreme example of this in real life is Mount Everest where the air thins so much that people need air tanks to survive at the top for any length of time. Was an altitude actually given for the horn eager peaks? If I remember correctly Roshar is like 10% less dense but is 20% bigger then earth. This may mean that the mountains are bigger and since they survive only at the peaks it could be possible that the gaseous form of honour forms the air they breathe there then.

Edited by Gizmosowner

33 minutes ago, Markus said:

Please tell me if this has been proposed before.

Anyone who has read the Stormlight Archive knows all about Rock's obsession with the thick lowlander air.  I think most people just assume it's a cultural belief.  However, I think it could be Honor/Cultivation's gaseous manifestation.

Ruin and Preservation both had a solid, liquid, and gaseous manifestation:

Preservation's manifestations

Ruin- this, atium, and his Shardpool at Hathsin(I think I remember that from somewhere but if I'm wrong correct me.)

So, the rest of the shards probably have these three manifestations too.  I'm not sure if that's been confirmed yet, but it seems like a logical assumption.  We know the solid manifestations of Honor and Cultivation are the Shardblades and the shardpool(s) of one (or both) of them are in the Horneater Peaks.  We haven't seen their gaseous manifestation yet.  Is it possible that the Horneater air is this gaseous manifestation?  It seems like a strange idea for the Horneaters to get into their heads, and Rock continues to believe it despite having breathed the lowlander air for around a year.  If there was really no difference, then Rock probably would have realized.  What do you think?

I like this. We do have confirmation that Honor's perpendicularity moves but the strong indication is that the pool in the Horneater peaks that Hoid presumably comes through its Cultivation's Shardpool.

• Chaos locked this topic