New WOB

Farnsworth

I just got a signed copy of the leather bound Elantris (yay!) and I asked whether the earthquake was related to 

AU spoiler 

Spoiler

Sel's sentience 

His response:  nothing specifically to do with the grounds sentience. RAFO!

A bit disappointing, but at least it tells us something!

1 hour ago, Figberts said:

I just got a signed copy of the leather bound Elantris (yay!) and I asked whether the earthquake was related to 

AU spoiler 

Hide contents

Sel's sentience 

His response:  nothing specifically to do with the grounds sentience. RAFO!

A bit disappointing, but at least it tells us something!

I love this because it was one of my recent theories and having a theory disproven is as satisfying as having it proven :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 21.4.2017 at 6:54 PM, robardin said:

"Cephandrius Shrugged". Might make a good title for a book, even. :P

Please tell you're not reading Ayn Rand. Please. 

3 hours ago, Alfa said:

Please tell you're not reading Ayn Rand. Please. 

Ayn Rand has her place. Just like reading Marx is important. I don't agree with her on a lot, her vision of capitalism was far too idealized and unbalanced, but I think that if you read Fountain Head or Atlas Shrugged in conjunction with liberal books or shows than you'll be far better off than if you Just read one or the other. Why limit yourself to only one point of view? 

Maybe the earthquake was the result of a country figuring out how to use the Dor for the first time, which caused a huge disruption in the power which manifested itself on Sel through the Elantrian earthquake? 

1 hour ago, Left said:

Maybe the earthquake was the result of a country figuring out how to use the Dor for the first time, which caused a huge disruption in the power which manifested itself on Sel through the Elantrian earthquake? 

Not the first time, but Wyrn was preparing to send in the recently made Dakhor against Elantris when the Reod occurred, and we are meant to learn about Dakhor in Book 2...

Edited by The One Who Connects

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic