What are your guys favorite moments from Stormlight archive

randalthor

I really got stunned, and in awe by the scene when Kaladin returned to help Dalinar after Sadeas abandoned him. Also the follow up is great when Dalinar gave up his Shardblade for the Bridgerunners. Wow that was so heroic of him and that really moved me. My favourite scene in Word of Radiance is when Kaladin jumped down and helped Adolin & Renarin, and he said something like "Honour is dead, but I will do what i can". Or something in that sense.

Totally epic moments for me:D

"A life is priceless," he said immediately, quoting his father.
Dalinar smiled, wrinkle lines extending from the corners of his eyes. "Coincidentally, that is the exact value of a Shardblade. So today, you and your men sacrificed to buy me twenty-six hundred priceless lives. And all I had to repay you with was a single priceless sword. I call that a bargain."

Kaladin going back for Dalinar and jumping into the fight was awesome, but I mostly expected it. Dalinar trading his Shardblade for the bridgemen? That punched me in the gut really hard. Heart stopping. Just wow.

This one too:

He saw it in her eyes. The anguish, the frustration. The terrible nothing that clawed inside and sought to smother her. She knew. It was there, inside. She had been broken. Then she smiled. Oh, storms. She smiled anyway.

My heart was breaking for Shallan all throughout WoR, and this was the beautiful culmination of it. Chills every time.

41 minutes ago, randalthor said:

I really got stunned, and in awe by the scene when Kaladin returned to help Dalinar after Sadeas abandoned him. Also the follow up is great when Dalinar gave up his Shardblade for the Bridgerunners. Wow that was so heroic of him and that really moved me. My favourite scene in Word of Radiance is when Kaladin jumped down and helped Adolin & Renarin, and he said something like "Honour is dead, but I will do what i can". Or something in that sense.

Ditto

4 minutes ago, jofwu said:

Kaladin going back for Dalinar and jumping into the fight was awesome, but I mostly expected it. Dalinar trading his Shardblade for the bridgemen? That punched me in the gut really hard. Heart stopping. Just wow.

This one too:

My heart was breaking for Shallan all throughout WoR, and this was the beautiful culmination of it. Chills every time.

To tell the truth I really didn't care that much for the Shallan character so that quote didn't do anything for me. I am a sexist I prefer Kaladin's story. Even though I am a sexist I really enjoy the Jasnah character. I root for Jasnah and Kaladin to end up romantically entangled:P

Also when Dalinar sides with Kaladin vs Amaram. Injustice wrenches my gut, especially when caused by false witness. So when Dalinar carefully and privately re-investigates Amaram, ending with summoning the shardblade, I cheered.

2 hours ago, randalthor said:

To tell the truth I really didn't care that much for the Shallan character so that quote didn't do anything for me. I am a sexist I prefer Kaladin's story. Even though I am a sexist I really enjoy the Jasnah character. I root for Jasnah and Kaladin to end up romantically entangled:P

I agree with the Jasnah Kaladin idea.  However, you accually like Kaladin? He is my least favorite Character.. if you think about it All of his misfortunes have been his own doing or his fathers. Roshone problem= simple move away. Amaram problem=simple claim the blade and plate then give it away at a later place and time if you dont want it.. He instead blames all the ills of the world on one class of people. He hates all lighteyes after knowing like 4 of them before the bridgecrews I mean. He is a 20 year old punk who thinks he knows everything and is proven wrong time and time again. O and he is a cry baby to boot.

16 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I agree with the Jasnah Kaladin idea.  However, you accually like Kaladin? He is my least favorite Character.. if you think about it All of his misfortunes have been his own doing or his fathers. Roshone problem= simple move away. Amaram problem=simple claim the blade and plate then give it away at a later place and time if you dont want it.. He instead blames all the ills of the world on one class of people. He hates all lighteyes after knowing like 4 of them before the bridgecrews I mean. He is a 20 year old punk who thinks he knows everything and is proven wrong time and time again. O and he is a cry baby to boot.

Who is your favorite character? Yeah he can get kind of whiny with the lighteyes thing, but still he is my favorite character. He is so hounorable at the end though he had his dark moments. That really speaks to me.

One of my favourite moments is when Kaladin's father is stitching up Roshone on the operating table, and has the choice to cut an important vein. Their problem would go away and no one would know. However, he chooses life. Always one of the quiet, epic moments for me when you see the true heart of a character.

2 minutes ago, randalthor said:

Who is your favorite character? Yeah he can get kind of whiny with the lighteyes thing, but still he is my favorite character. He is so hounorable at the end though he had his dark moments. That really speaks to me.

My Favorite is a toss up between Renarin and Dalinar and I guess I am weird but I love excellent bad guys Sadeas  is in the mix. I laugh my chull off everytime he gets a scene lol. I will give you Kaladin is getting a little better. But still has a long way to go before I even start liking him. I dont get the Shallan hate though a lot of people seem to dislike her at the end of book 2 I am now finding her enjoyable. Reasons being is she had just as hard a life if not harder than Kaladin and she doesn't go around filled with bile and hate. I think Adolin said it best when he said something along the lines of "hes just so gloomy all the time he is plain unlikeable"  If he was just a gloomy character I wouldn't mind it so much. But I have a Bais toward Know-it-all types. I like the strong yet humble characters on the good side at least. One reason I like both Renarin and Dalinar so much both of them have quite a bit of humility in them considering one is a high prince and the other his son.  I would like Adolin a lot more but something about his Braggart attitude erks me.

2 hours ago, Ward said:

I cut onions every time I read Syl bringing Kaladin more Blackbane, hoping it will make him happy. 

When Syl is trying to protect Kal from the highstorm and also when she is trying to fend of the death and/or rot spren.

“What has happened to us?” Dalinar asked. “Where is our honor?”

Honor is dead,” a voice whispered from beside him.

Dalinar turned and looked at Captain Kaladin. He hadn’t noticed the bridgeman walking down the steps behind him.Kaladin took a deep breath, then looked at Dalinar.

But I’ll see what I can do."

On 10/2/2017 at 4:14 PM, randalthor said:

Yeah these scenes are so epic and two of my favorites. 

Another moment is when Kaladin and Shallan are lost and they bump with a giant crab (I don't remember the name :lol:). 

Stormlight is totally epic! 

I just finished re-reading TWoK for like the 7th time. So some of these are fresh on my mind!

• Lirin standing up to the townspeople who came to rob them.
  • Dalinar catching the Chasmfiend's claw
  • Kaladin's flashback's of Tien.
  • Kaladin killing the shardbearer
  • Everything with Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor. AKA Rock
  • The Battle of the Tower
  • Dalinar giving up his shardblade
  • "Honor is Dead, but I'll see what I can do" up until Kal goes full retard and challenges Amaram
  • Szeth son son Vallano, Truthless of Shinovar, wore white on the day he was to kill a king
  • The assassination of the King of Jah Keved
  • Sadeas' death.
  • Pattern

On 10/02/2017 at 7:27 PM, Matrim said:

When Syl is trying to protect Kal from the highstorm and also when she is trying to fend of the death and/or rot spren.

I could read entire books about Syl taking a stand. The other big moment is her standing up to the Stormfather in WoR. 

Spoiler

He is mine! a feminine voice said. I claim him.
HE BETRAYED HIS OATH.

I don’t care.
HE WILL KILL YOU.

The Words, Kaladin. That was Syl’s voice. You have to speak the Words!
I FORBID THIS.
YOUR WILL MATTERS NOT! Syl shouted. YOU CANNOT HOLD ME BACK IF HE SPEAKS THE WORDS! THE WORDS, KALADIN! SAY THEM!
“I will protect even those I hate,” Kaladin whispered through bloody lips. “So long as it is right.”
A Shardblade appeared in Moash’s hands.
A distant rumbling. Thunder.
THE WORDS ARE ACCEPTED, the Stormfather said reluctantly.
“Kaladin!” Syl’s voice. “Stretch forth thy hand!” She zipped around him, suddenly visible as a ribbon of light.
“I can’t . . .” Kaladin said, drained.
“Stretch forth thy hand!”

Wind blew in the opening in the wall, and Syl’s ribbon of light became mist, a form she often took. Silver mist, which grew larger, coalesced before Kaladin, extending into his hand.
Glowing, brilliant, a Shardblade emerged from the mist, vivid blue light shining from swirling patterns along its length.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:50 AM, dantlee said:

Warbreaker spoilers below, but I freaked out and quite literally jumped out of my chair during my first readthrough of WoR when I realized that

Reveal hidden contents

NIGHTBLOOOOOOOOOD IS IN ROSHAR

Yeah it was funny when Nightblood sais something like "Are you ready to kill some bad people?"

hehe quite funny:)

• Chaos locked this topic