What to read after all the cosmere books

bdoble97

Question

Well I just finshed all the Cosmere books tbat are out as of now. What should i read now. Need somthing that really involved. I have already read The Wheel of Time, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Name of the Wind books, Lord of the Rings and middle-earth books, try to do Steve Erickson's books but they could not keep my interest. I am about to read so e ne cannon star wars book but I k ow they are going to be a disappointment compared to the epic awesomeness of Sanderson books. So what should I read 

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is great. 

I second reading Sanderson's non-cosmere works. They're awesome. 

Also see: 

Old Man's War series by John Scalzi,

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke,

anything by Neil Gaiman,

Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie, and

The Magicians trilogy by Lev Grossman. 

Edited by Flynn
grammar

@Lwarch While Reckoners itself obviously can't be Cosmere, something like it could certainly fit in the cosmere without too much difficulty. Calamity spoilers

The way Epic powers are twisted because of Calamity's fear could probably be engineered, perhaps a splintered Shard with an intent like Determination, where the power has seeped into the natural world and strikes at (semi) random like the shaod in Elantris and the process of acting in accordance with the Intent is what makes the powers yours (like Epics facing their fears) while before that point they're twisted in some way by the splintered nature of the Shard.

Or it could work like Ashyn where there's something in the natural world that gives you powers (so, either residual Adonalsium 'magic' or a Shard that's no longer present on a world but left some Investiture behind) that has similar effects.

And I'd love to see some form of crossover if only because David and Wayne need to meet.

On 3/7/2017 at 4:46 PM, Captains Domon said:

Try The Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin. The books are small, but are very descriptive and, well, magical.

I'll second this one. I didn't read them until much later but they are indeed magical.

Edited by Weltall

Since no one else has mentioned them, I'll recommend the Powder Mage series by Brian McClellan, one of Brandon's former students. They have a lot of similarities to Brandon's work, but maybe 10% grittier. They're set in sort of a French Revolution type time period. The original trilogy is really solid and a lot of fun, but right now I'm about halfway through his new book, Sins of Empire, and it's as good as anything I've read by any of the other authors that have been mentioned on here.