Glyphs

Jofwu

15 minutes ago, jofwu said:

Honorblades

Unsure of official source for these.

The images themselves are (embossed?) into the pages that are Part 1, 2 and 3 of each Book. 4 and 5 are a repeat of 1 and 2.

As for how we know which is for which Herald, the "hilt" of each Honorglyph(my faster term for them) is very similar to their respective KR Order Glyph

Also, you appear to have quoted your original post as it's own post

5 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

The images themselves are (embossed?) into the pages that are Part 1, 2 and 3 of each Book. 4 and 5 are a repeat of 1 and 2.

Also, you appear to have quoted your original post as it's own post

Double thanks!

Wow that was a mess to fix, but all better now. :)

Unknown Highprince 4 uses some of Vamah's symbols.

Is a thread the best place for something like this? This seems like a perfect wiki page, unless the Coppermind admins are against gallery pages. That way, it won't get lost in the netherworld beyond the first page, especially considering discussion and interpretation will probably all stay in the other thread.

55 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Unknown Highprince 4 uses some of Vamah's symbols.

Is a thread the best place for something like this? This seems like a perfect wiki page, unless the Coppermind admins are against gallery pages. That way, it won't get lost in the netherworld beyond the first page, especially considering discussion and interpretation will probably all stay in the other thread.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the best place for the collection is. The wiki is more of an encyclopedia of information. Doesn't feel right to me to put all of this on the Glyphs page, for example. Would be good to put some of these there, sure. But not every little scrap that we have.

I could make a gallery, but that doesn't let you group them together like this, I think.

If an admin sees this and has a better idea, I'm all ears. :)

Just now, jofwu said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the best place for the collection is. The wiki is more of an encyclopedia of information. Doesn't feel right to me to put all of this on the Glyphs page, for example. Would be good to put some of these there, sure. But not every little scrap that we have.

I could make a gallery, but that doesn't let you group them together like this, I think.

If an admin sees this and has a better idea, I'm all ears. :)

I haven't worked on wikis in a while, but I know one wiki I used to frequent switched from image galleries (which were just regular pages) to image categories, which didn't allow you to structure the page. I still think it was a terrible change. But if gallery pages aren't bad policy on the coppermind, then it could be a good fit.

• 5 months later...

New canon glyph on a dog costume. Anyone have any idea what it is? I don't remember; did Bridge Four get any fancy new patches, other than the classic Bridge Four one?

EDIT: Mystery revealed on Twitter. It's for the Cobalt Guard.

Edited by Pagerunner

• 1 year later...

There's a new glyph in the WOK leatherbound edition preview art:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/030/073/235/62b46d71ba1e312115ef1519ed48657f_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1596579829&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=e2bf2507466055c71ed83129d08b3d8e

Can't quite make out the accompanying text in the Women's Scrpt, but the glpyh looks like it says "BEN(A)"  -- I'm guessing illustrator Ben McSweeny has gotten the Isasik Shulin treatment. :lol:

Edited by Harakeke

2 hours ago, Harakeke said:

There's a new glyph in the WOK leatherbound edition preview art:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/030/073/235/62b46d71ba1e312115ef1519ed48657f_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1596579829&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=e2bf2507466055c71ed83129d08b3d8e

Can't quite make out the accompanying text in the Women's Scrpt, but the glpyh looks like it says "BEN(A)"  -- I'm guessing illustrator Ben McSweeny has gotten the Isasik Shulin treatment. :lol:

The last three words seem to be "...recreation as depicted," if that's helpful. I think your interpretation that it's a signature is likely though, so it's probably not very connected to the text next to it.