361 posts in this topic

Tineye's, please add me to some pm's you make.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*is afraid to post* :P 

That said, I feel like these votes, as they currently stand, are risky. By voting like this, we're letting the elims hide their votes more easily. They can just 'forget' to switch off of someone, or switch on to someone else for a 2 vote swing. I dislike this, and feel like it's dangerous to allow, so I plan to vote on anyone who doesn't revoke a vote made in that vote chain unless they're able to provide reasoning.

Edited by Bugsy6912
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lopen.  I'm not really suspicious of you. :P  I was just following the joke, and agree with Bugsy that we probably shouldn't leave the votes up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I see why you may have those concerns, it seems to me that anyone who switched their vote at the last minute would pretty blatantly stand out, and furthermore that claiming something is dangerous early on is a common eliminator move who hope to gain commendations for recognizing the threat.

This "vote train" is actually both a method to see who is actively reading the thread and to draw out people's opinions on something innocent like it.

With that in mind, I'll do as bugsy asks and withdraw from the sequence in which I voted for doc12.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't see how it's actually dangerous, and that sounds like trying to gain trust. Sorry, Bugsy, but you asked for this. :P Bartimaeus 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Yeah, I don't see how it's actually dangerous, and that sounds like trying to gain trust. Sorry, Bugsy, but you asked for this. :P Bartimaeus 

It's dangerous cause it's game with vote manipulations and we don't know from what roles exists elim team.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arinian said:

It's dangerous cause it's game with vote manipulations and we don't know from what roles exists elim team.

This is true.  It's not that dangerous, but I can see where Bugsy is coming from.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magestar said:

This is true.  It's not that dangerous, but I can see where Bugsy is coming from.

Yeah anyway chance that we will hit elim on first day not very big. But if elims have at least one rioter leaving 1 vote on everyone will just let them choose whom they want to see dead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, phattemer said:

While I see why you may have those concerns, it seems to me that anyone who switched their vote at the last minute would pretty blatantly stand out, and furthermore that claiming something is dangerous early on is a common eliminator move who hope to gain commendations for recognizing the threat.

*sigh*

If you look at the AG, the very first turn I was suspicious of Rae for doing the same. As such, I can't really blame you for arguing that same point. At the same time, I'd have to be a pretty stupid elim to pull that gambit after I just called it out last game.

I agree that a last minute change could stand out, but it wouldn't even have to be last minute to cause a 2 vote swing, and that argument holds no weight against the fact that someone could 'forget' and leave their vote on the person they chained on. I also don't expect any commendations (although I would appreciate them :P). In fact, I'd even settle for hostility/suspicion sans death :P 

43 minutes ago, phattemer said:

This "vote train" is actually both a method to see who is actively reading the thread and to draw out people's opinions on something innocent like it.

 

You claim it's a method to see who's active and what people think of it. I've told you what I think of it, and you know I'm active enough to respond to it. It's succeeded in its intent. I see no reason I should be lynched for merely reacting to it, something you expected to happen. I also still disagree that it's innocent. There is a danger, however slight, and I truly feel that people should withdraw from it. 

18 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Yeah, I don't see how it's actually dangerous, and that sounds like trying to gain trust. Sorry, Bugsy, but you asked for this. :P Bartimaeus 

I suppose I did, didn't I? This wasn't exactly what I had in mind :P 

That said, I'm mildly more suspicious of you. You've been quick to go with the crowd, and know my alignment, so to me it looks like you're trying to kill a villager. It's not much of an increase in suspension, mind you, but it's there.

Edited by Bugsy6912
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

If you look at the AG, the very first turn I was suspicious of Rae for doing the same. As such, I can't really blame you for arguing that same point. At the same time, I'd have to be a pretty stupid elim to pull that gambit after I just called it out last game.

Or you could be a very cunning Elim for pulling a stunt like that. :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, while I was aware of vote manipulation, it wasn't at the forefront of my mind while I made my previous point. I'll go ahead and withdraw my vote on bugsy and instead vote for Jondesu, who seemed awfully eager to hop on any bandwagon 

Also, since the Elims could and probably do have at least one vote manipulator, any lynch we do needs to have at least some margin, or they can pick and choose who dies.

Edited by phattemer
Meant to include reason
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugsy6912 said:

That said, I'm mildly more suspicious of you. You've been quick to go with the crowd, and know my alignment, so to me it looks like you're trying to kill a villager. It's not much of an increase in suspension, mind you, but it's there.

 

2 minutes ago, phattemer said:

To be fair, while I was aware of vote manipulation, it wasn't at the forefront of my mind while I made my previous point. I'll go ahead and withdraw my vote on bugsy and instead vote for Jondesu, who seemed awfully eager to hop on any bandwagon 

Also, since the Elims could and probably do have at least one vote manipulator, any lynch we do needs to have at least some margin, or they can pick and choose who dies.

That's a fair point I hadn't considered on the vote manips, but I also never expected that vote train would stand the entire time. It was just fun and a way to see who was participating, and I knew there would be plenty of people who eventually changed their votes.

On the bandwagon, I'm thoroughly guilty. I'm not planning to try to do much analysis or to put a bunch of time into this game, just go with my gut instead, so you'll see more of that than I usually do. Comes from being in two other games that require a fair time commitment.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would advise all coinshots to target Joe.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Straw said:

I would advise all coinshots to target Joe.

Heh. That was a fun game. Interesting one, too. I doubt the GM is targetable in this one, but I suppose you can try.

In all seriousness, coinshots won't be the most useful this game because they don't reveal alignment. I'd refrain from attacking N1 unless you have any suspicions, because it won't get us any information like it usually does. Or, alternately, follow straw's advice, and we can see what happens :P 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Straw said:

I would advise all coinshots to target Joe.

Better idea:

Stick

Joe

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Straw said:

I would advise all coinshots to target Joe.

 

4 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Heh. That was a fun game. Interesting one, too. I doubt the GM is targetable in this one, but I suppose you can try.

In all seriousness, coinshots won't be the most useful this game because they don't reveal alignment. I'd refrain from attacking N1 unless you have any suspicions, because it won't get us any information like it usually does. Or, alternately, follow straw's advice, and we can see what happens :P 

Personally, I advise all coinshots to target any Inactives.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Better idea:

Stick

Joe

Oh, that looks like nice idea. Conquestor. Joe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... Another revolution? Why not? 

Joe Phattemer. 

Long live the revolution!! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Doc12 said:

... Another revolution? Why not? 

Joe Phattemer. 

Long live the revolution!! 

Wait, this has happened before? Successively? When?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I'm going to help everyone kill Joe, not. This just looks like a good way to stop the first day lynch entirely, so, I am actually going to keep my vote on Silverblade5. What happens to all discussion? It disappears! This sounds very spikey to me. <_<

Even though Hissure wanted to taste the body of a God, he did not want to die. After all, what is the point of tasting a God if you can't tell anyone about it?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.