Alright, there's a bit under 30 hours left until the game starts. Sign ups will remain open until that time. If anyone has any last minute clarifitory auestions, or bribes for a certain role, now is the time.

If you're on the fence about signing up, just join the spec doc! Less commitment, less stress, more laughter

1 minute ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Alright, there's a bit under 30 hours left until the game starts. Sign ups will remain open until that time. If anyone has any last minute clarifitory auestions, or bribes for a certain role, now is the time.

How much of a bribe will it take for me to get the Coinshot role?

Just now, Jondesu said:

I'll take a link to the spec doc, I guess.

When I'm not playing, I would always request a link.  There's not really a reason not to. :P 

Just now, Alvron said:

Hear that Spiked?  Magestar is the coinshot and should be killed first. :P 

Or maybe I payed him to be a spiked, too. :P 

OooOOooooOooo.

Just now, Magestar said:

When I'm not playing, I would always request a link.  There's not really a reason not to. :P 

Or maybe I payed him to be a spiked, too. :P 

OooOOooooOooo.

Yeah, I just haven't yet done that. If you want me to play this game I guess you could get me killed in one of the other games. :P

Please don't really do that. 

Just now, Magestar said:

Oh, sure, lynch me just because I'm an Elim.  That's not prejudiced at all.  -_-

You're right.  That was very close-minded of me.  Elims have a right to live just as much as the rest of us.

1 minute ago, Magestar said:

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways. :P 

Indeed.  You have opened my eyes.  I know it's going to take time but hopefully one day you can forgive me for how I used to think of Elims.

3 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways. :P 

Just now, Alvron said:

Indeed.  You have opened my eyes.  I know it's going to take time but hopefully one day you can forgive me for how I used to think of Elims.

It begins to look like some sort of cult.

5 minutes ago, Alvron said:

You're right.  That was very close-minded of me.  Elims have a right to live just as much as the rest of us.

We still get to kill each other right? :ph34r: 

Also, since we're talking about rights, don't Elims have a right to die just as much as the rest of us as well? Equal treatment and all... 

47 minutes ago, Alvron said:

How much of a bribe will it take for me to get the Coinshot role?

. . . The first sentence of my overall profile.

46 minutes ago, Magestar said:

It's too late:  I'm already paying him more. :P 

It's true.

48 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I'll take a link to the spec doc, I guess.

Lol, There's still time for you to randomly get lynched in the AG. I'll send you a link once the game starts, in case you change your mind.

1 minute ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Lol, There's still time for you to randomly get lynched in the AG. I'll send you a link once the game starts, in case you change your mind.

Hah, very true. I could even be killed in LG30, though the longer cycles mean I don't know if that would happen in time.

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I'll spectate. As much as I'd love to play, I don't think I can handle it right now.

I saw the notification that you posted here and nearly bugged out that you were signing up while also writing those monster writeups. So good choice.

The game will be starting in 
pin_1487134590.png

Now's your last chance to sign up or drop out. and thank you to everyone who responded to their PM's already.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

34 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I saw the notification that you posted here and nearly bugged out that you were signing up while also writing those monster writeups. So good choice.

That sounds like a challenge to me. You know what? This is MR20, would be a shame if there was less than 20 players. Unless one more person signs up, I'll play as Temaun Renaud.

On that note, don't expect me to be active the last 12 hours of every LG30 Chapter. That's when I do all my work for it.

Edited by Amanuensis

Cycle 1: The Curious case of Temaun Renaud

The skaa are weak, and weakness doesn’t deserve food or life.

“No. Everyone deserves food and Life.”

Everyone? Why do they deserve it?

“Emperor Elend ordered me to watch after the Skaa while he was away.”

And are not his orders best kept by keeping his citizens strong? You are strong, you seized power, your armies and loyal citizens are strong.

“I can, hmm. . . We do need to cut down on food consumption.”

And if you try to ration food, people will grow hungry, and weak. Best to cut the weak out now.

“Indeed.”

“Sire?”

King Penrod of Luthadel jerked up from his musings, snapping to attention as one of the guards hesitantly called out to him. “What Regiie?”

“Er, you’ve been muttering to yourself ever since the Emperor’s men arrived an hour ago. You’re expected to make a speech to the populace soon. Are you alright?”

Of course you are.

King Penrod smiled with all the royalty he could. “Of course Regiie. I’ll be out in a moment.” The spike in his chest had never felt so comfortable.

The citizens of Luthadel gathered in families, and shops, and labor unions and parties. All sorts of groups commingled in the square before Keep venture, awaiting the news of relief sent by the Emperor and the Heir. Temaun Renaud waited with them, but he already knew the news.

There would be no food coming. The shortages would continue. The death would continue. The beautiful destruction of the world would continue.

Life was so much simpler, since the coming of his God. Before, he had spent endless days trying to find the most efficient solutions for the housing and feeding problems of the city. He had been one of Penrod’s closest advisors. And then the Inquisitor had come, and God had come, and everything was easy. He no longer needed to search for the most efficient solution, God told him the most elegant solution. The words to say, the prices to pay, the foundations to lay. Cutting away the chaff.

The crowd begin to quiet as the upper balcony doors were flung open. Two royal guards walked onto the balcony in sync, taking positions on either end. Between them walked the Stately king Penrod, still rubbing his chest. He was rubbing the same place Temaun was rubbing right now actually. Could the King hear God?

“Noble citizens of Elendel!” The king’s voice resonated across the entire square, quelling the last pockets of conversation. “Your emperor has received our pleas for more food, and sent his reply. There will not be more food being shipped. There will not be relief.”

There was a stunned silence throughout the square. Temaun didn’t care. God was with him. The people around him though, began to yell. King Penrod raised his hands, gesturing for silence. Noble soothers sprang into action, dampening the incipient riot before it could even began forming. “That is not to say there will be less food. For, as the Survivor taught, we must be strong to survive. We have no room for weakness. For the next hundred days, until we have more food, we will be executing 100 people each day. These hundred people will be chosen by you, the people. Their food will be distributed amongst the rest of the people, those who survived.”

There was a different kind of silence following this announcement. A mixture of horrified, shocked, and eager. Temaun grinned. “Well this will be fun then. A bloodbath.”

He watched as the king turned, and left the balcony. The two guards following behind him. The crowd began to murmur about the news.

Well, said God, That was stupid of you to say outloud.

Temaun blinked, then looked around. Four different citizens were staring at him open mouthed. One of them glanced around, then smiled. “So, we have to choose who to execute then? How many people heard Temaun here just say that bathing in blood is fun?” More of the crowd was taking notice. Several people around Temaun looked horrified at him.

“I say we execute Temaun before he kills the lot of us!” Another woman called out. “He’d want to do the same to us!”

“Listen, people, we can’t just kill him, we have to take care of each other!”

“You heard the king. We have to kill 100 people a day. If not Temaun, then who? Are you willing to volunteer?”

“I, uh, that is to say, uh. . . Let’s kill Temaun!”

Temaun had heard enough, pivoting about he tried to run, but was met by a crush of bodies. There were too many people focused on him now. They grabbed his arms as he desperately tried to force his way through. They threw him to the ground, and begin to throw down anything they could find at him. Rocks, shoes, bricks.

Disappointing. I could have used you for—

A chunk of stone his his chest, right where the spike was. It drove the cursed thing deeper into him. He felt it stab into his heart, and he screamed as God’s presence fled.

Amanuensis was Lynched! He was a Spiked!

Votes:
Amanuensis(3): Elbereth, Wilson, Mailliw

Remember! Only Tineye’s can start PM’s!

blu_1487307600.png

Player List:

Magestar   "I'm signing up. Which is totally an awful idea."

Rodpen  "Named after his writing utensil that is over three feet long."

Rovan  "Joe in full Troll mode is not to be passed up."

Bartimaeus  "It seem like it is going to be fun!"

Sheon Idris  "I have needed a Troll!Joe game in my life."

Seixa  "Can't think of a better game to come back to".

Stick  "I'll sign up because I feel safe."

Emissary of Mandos  "I had a blast last TrollGM!Joe game I played."

Soflo Rigorrio  "today we will look at how to troll some trolls"

Arinian  "he hates Mistborns"

Avrao Ngao   "*Takes the spear from the dusty old cupboard and hides it.*"

Trollquisitor "I would like to sign up."

Ayden Kahler "I can't pass up one of Joe's games"

Luckless Gibbs  "Vengeance!"

Rin  "Why not?"

Vladek  "If you want more bodies, you can add mine to the pile"

Ryth  "Former Guard"

Bart  "I'm starting to run out."