20 minutes until GG

1 to 1 last cycle isn't too bad, is it? ^_^

Joe, if you could tell us what the crap has been going on behind the scenes, that would be great. :) Also which items actually do things. I'm pretty sure my antidote is useless. Probably the spear too.

Mage weeps as he kills, controlled by Ruin to destroy all life, without free will, without life, all destroyed, by Ruin controlled, killing the weeping Mage.

Mage sat in the empty room, leaned up against the wall, like a puppet with no strings, abandoned. He thought of nothing, saw nothing, felt nothing. His mind was empty, broken and destroyed by the atrocities he had committed, and had reveled in. In the rare moments when God was elsewhere, puppeteering other toys, Mage liked to sit and enjoy the quiet cleanliness of the room. No blood, no screams. No mad joy.

A presence settled in his mind, and Mage grinned a great bloody grin. God was back, and so was happiness. He stood, and stretched, feeling the muscles pull against the 6 spikes in his chest. He cracked his neck, enjoying the grating of his spine against the lynchpin spike in his neck. He growled softly, anticipating the upcoming hunt. “Who?”

Luckless Gibbs’ luck has run out.

Mage grinned, and flared Steel and Pewter. He pushed hard, breaking through the wooden walls of the building, and soaring out into the misty air. The Mist shied away from him in fear, fleeing away, like a dog before it’s master. He reached out with Steelsight, finding anchors, and pushing to stay aloft. He flared Tin, and twisted midair, scanning the city below. Only a few people were left in the streets, scuttling like rats from doorway to doorway. With hundreds being executed by the king each day, and more being slaughtered in the night, no one wanted to be out during the Misting Hour.

Mage looked northward, knowing that God knew where Gibbs was. He pushed off the anchor behind him, continually flaring his reserves. Zinc, to anger the citizens below, whipping them into causing all sorts of damage to the city, Brass, to sooth away thoughts of self Preservation, or love. Bronze, to look for more donor for his power, Pewter and TIn to navigate, Iron and Steel to fly. No one in this wretched city had as much power as he did.

He was Magestar, god amongst men.

He landed on a rooftop, crouching to survey the street below. Gibbs was hurrying along, hefting his metallic suitcase beside him. Whatever the case was, it barely registered in his Steelsight. Almost like a spike, but it felt different. No matter. Whatever it was, it was no match for a Mistborn. He flared his metals back to life inside of him, and leapt off the roof.

Luckless Gibbs hefted the suitcase, feeling it’s reserves. It had barely enough to win a dice game. He’d been storing Fortune all day, hoping it would be enough to survive whatever was coming. This city was a powder keg, about to explode, and he wasn’t the man to lighten the load. WIth so many skaa, and so little food, his best bet was to leave, and come back earlier. Perhaps before Vin was around?

On impulses, he tapped a small amount of fortune, and immediately tripped, his face slamming into the pavement and breaking. At nearly the same time, something flew over him, right where he had been. A man windmilled his arms as he skidded to a stop on the street, then turned to face him, a rictus grin stretched across his face. He slowly stood, squeezing his broken nose. “Magestar?”

“Gibbs. Luckless Gibbs.” Mage cocked his head. “Twinborn Gibbs? Or did you fake the Pewter dragging earlier?”

“Faked it.” He raised the Chromium Suitcase before him. “And I’m not Luckless, not at the moment. Got plenty enough Luck to kill you.” A complete lie, and a bluff.

“I don’t think you do Gibbs.”  Mage lept into the air, shooting forward like a dog after a fox.

Gibbs cursed, and tapped more fortune. Sidestepping and bending in just the right way to avoid the coinshot. He didn’t look back, choosing to flee instead, still tapping a small amount of fortune, just enough to give him an edge.

Just enough to trip again. Magestar growled in anger as he once again flew overhead. But this time, Gibbs landed awkwardly, wrist hitting the hard paving stones at a bad angle. He squeaked in pain, dropping the suitcase. He reached out to grab it, But Mage corrected course midair, landing hard atop Gibbs’ wrist, breaking it even more. He howled in pain as Mage crouched down, grabbing his hair. “No more Luck Gibbs. Just die already.”

Mage cocked his fist back, and swung.

Mage stood, wiping the blood and brains off on the front of his tunic. He smiled at the corpse before him, the newest flower in the garden of the world. Destruction, carefully cultivated until it ripened into Death. An Orchestra of disaster, cutting through the world.

Excellent. Penrod will be killing himself soon, all that is left for you to go East, and take control of the Hordes. Aid Marsh and the others in killing Yomen, and you will receive your eye spikes.

Mage grinned wide, and pushed into the air, reveling in his power, feeling truly alive as he always did with Ruin by his side. Of course, he had to ignore the screams from deep inside, but that was easy to do, when you had God on your side.

Well! That’s that! Congratulations to Magestar, the only Eliminator, in the entire game. He successfully killed 19 mistings, and an Elantrian. Admittedly, he had some help, what with Stick and Lopen killing people as well, and the village refusing to lynch Mage, except for Alv, who refused to stick to his hunches about Mage being the spiked Coinshot.=P But, overall, Mage did most of it by himself. Admittedly, i did make him a tad bit too powerful. 9 actions a cycle was ridiculous. Still. T’was a fun game to watch, and I hope everyone had fun.

GM thoughts will arrive in a day or two, but some minor things i want to get out of the way now: PM’s should have been open, or at least less limited than just tineyes. Lurchers should not have been able to protect themselves. Every. Single. Lurcher. Protected. Themself. Every. Single. Night. Selfish people. Also, only the Spear of the Survivor and the Glowing sphere items could affect the game, and neither actually did. But anyway, activity analysis will also be forthcoming, in a day or two. For now, enjoy groaning at Mage, and enjoy Mage gleefully dancing through the bloodsoaked threads.

Elim Doc     Spec Doc     Dead Doc     Master Spreadsheet

It was raining.  A soft silvery drizzle that held the chill of the winter that had yet to arrive.  Torches fizzed and flared as signs creaked and groaned but otherwise the streets were quiet.  Outside one inn loomed a shadow.  The shadow had it's head cocked to one side seemingly in contemplation.  After a while, the shadow reached up and removed something from his head and heading towards the door of the in.

Rolan sighed.  He had been waiting at the Dancing Jester for the better part of a week.  The innkeeper, a large man with more than his share of chins, brought over Rolans evening meal.  Boiled pork, boiled cabbage and couple of sliced of thick bread with a very thick coating of flour.

The sound of wood splintering brought a flurry of heads turning followed by several shrieks of fear as a Koloss shouldered his way through the cracking door frame.  At seven foot tall the Koloss' head barely passed beneath the wooden beams of the inn.  Rolan idly wondered if the Koloss would've bothered ducking if he had been tall enough for the beams to be in his way.

The Koloss made his way over to Rolans table and stood there looking at him.  Rolan swallowed the lump that was quickly growing in his throat and looked over the Koloss carefully.  He thought he had enough health stored in his goldminds to survive a fight but no amount of health helped when you are ripped in half.

It didn't look like that was going to happen however as the Koloss already had his hands full.  In one hand held a hat that looked to be made for someone smaller than the Koloss while the other hand held a ..... hand.

Ah, so Rovan failed.  Or at least he failed to live but at least he managed to acquire the hand of the Hunted One.

"Follow me my big friend.  I have a feeling that you and I have a lot to talk about."  Without looking to see if the Koloss followed, Rolan headed towards the remains of the door.

Once outside, Rolan lifted the hood of his cloak to shield himself from the rain while the Koloss donned his hat.  The hat looked ridiculously small topping the large blue head but Rolan knew better than to make fun of something larger than him.

Heading off into the night, Rolan could be heard saying.

"Koloss, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

@Magestar You might still have most of Lor's left hand but the Collective now has your right.  And it's going to look good in its display case next to Katara's.

44 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

Mage, you wrote 26 pages of elim doc by yourself? You deserve the win just for that :D

Edit: @A Joe in the Bush Was it always meant to be the first player who signed up would be the eliminator? Or did it just turn out that way?

Mages was chosen to be the mistborn specifically because he had the lowest 'Lynched as an Eliminator' stats. Being first was coincidental. Lopen and Bugsy were both nearly chosen as well, due to their 'Eliminator survival' stats, but Mage edged them out.

Congrats, Mage, on pulling off the win alone. :P The game was incredibly fun and amusing to watch from a dead person's point of view. 

I skimmed through the docs, and I'm curious to know what you meant by "fitting the pattern", Mage. :P 

And thanks for the Spear back, Ecth! :D 

1 hour ago, Daniyah said:

Congrats, Mage, on pulling off the win alone. :P The game was incredibly fun and amusing to watch from a dead person's point of view. 

I skimmed through the docs, and I'm curious to know what you meant by "fitting the pattern", Mage. :P 

And thanks for the Spear back, Ecth! :D 

Diagram course!

Anyway, I doubt mage was weeping :P  Good game all! This was amusing to follow.

6 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

For now, enjoy groaning at Mage, and enjoy Mage gleefully dancing through the bloodsoaked threads.

Sounds good to me, Boss. :D *cackles

5 hours ago, Alvron said:

@Magestar You might still have most of Lor's left hand but the Collective now has your right.  And it's going to look good in its display case next to Katara's.

Curses.  Foiled again. :P I got what I came for, though, even though it's still not edited in yet.  That's not even the only thing...

5 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Mage, you wrote 26 pages of elim doc by yourself? You deserve the win just for that :D

Yup.  There were supposed to be others, voices in my head, speaking silent wonders, but they turned out to be dead. :P 

I definitely went a little crazy in my doc.  Probably some things I wouldn't have minded deleting. :P 

Joe, in answer to why Tineyes died so quickly, I targeted a few of them.  People were a little too free with info.  Plus the seeker ability, which was basically useless the whole game, gave me one Tineye, I think.  I was definitely was somewhat overpowered;  Although I could probably have won the game with just the two kills and the thug life.  The lurcher protect was nice, but I don't know that I was ever attacked?

If I'm reading things right, all the Spectators ended up joining my Doc?  Huh.  Well, I got Aman, I think, although which one he was I was wrong about.  I was right about Bard.  I had no idea about Elbereth.  And I'm sad that you all went quiet.  And I'm surprised Burnt wasn't actually in there.  Nice job El. :P Bard, I though you were Aman, while you were pretending to be El, I think, but I'm all confused by this.  And I think I thought Aman was you. :P But I was still right!  Definitely!

Anyways.  Great game all.  I thoroughly enjoyed being massively overpowered. :P  I always do. evilgrin.png

Alv.  We've got unfinished business, you and I. evilbiggrin.png  I'll be back.

• 2 months later...

It's about time we closed this game. Unfortunately, I don't have much that I can say about this one, because I missed out on being able to follow along on this one. :( Since it was one of Joe's games though, I feel confident in saying it was a blast. :D 

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson, Metacognition or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our 
Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!