Cycle 4: You need to learn the Steps

The Duo danced through the misty dawn, leaping from rooftop to street, to wall to garden. They ran, and climbed, and jumped and flew. Over shops and homes and kitchens, and armories, nothing stopped their movement.

They moved alone, both unaware of their partner, dancing parallel to them in the mist. Both moved towards the same destination, and left from the same place. Both had the same purpose, and both knew of the foolishness of their task. Both were equally determined.

The Duo knew this city like a mother her child. It’s every nook and cranny were open to them. Every alleyway was an arrow, pointing to five victims. Every building a boulder, poised to collapse. Every fountain a grave, promising a watery death.

The first Victim was a Thief. A Man who lived to steal coins and bread. He was prowling the streets, breaking locks and windows to enter unoccupied homes when the first dancer found him. Pedro’s death was quick, and simple. He heard the sound of a door opening, and when he turned to check, saw only the bright shine of a knife opening his throat.

The second Victim was an honorable man. A man who obeyed the law in all things. He saw, he judged, he proved, and he executed. Misbah a Khattar died far slower than the thief. He was abed, when he heard a growl from outside his window. But when he sought to scare the assumed dog off, he was torn from the safety of his house, and then torn limb from limb.

The duo moved on, three more victims to kill.

The third to die that night was a quiet man, who loved the mists and the wind. Khaladin Jamaicablessed people called him. He was not loved, but he was appreciated. People would toss him a coin when he was hungry, and he would help and entertain them when they were confused or bored. The first Dancer stopped, and gave him another coin. He thanked him, but the words died in his throat when the coin jumped from his throat to his chest, and then to the wall behind him.

The fourth was Joseline Farouq, a happy man, who was excited to be of help. Anything and anyone that needed help had to only call his name, and he would run there to lend a hand, or a shoulder, or a back, or an ear. Humans and animals alike, Farouq helped. So when he heard the growl of a dog, he thought nothing of it, and sought the animal out. Barely half of him was ever found.

The duo were stopped from killing their last victim. They circled the house, looking in vain for an opportunity to throw a knife, or to pull him out of the crowd, but they had no choice. Far too many people were already surrounding Soflo Rigorrio, screaming and rioting as they dragged him through the streets to the Hangman’s square. They watched in anger and sadness as their victim’s life was stolen from them by an angry mob.

Both slipped away, into the dawning sun, neither aware of the other, neither aware of the third, who had watched them both.

Ryth stood shoulder to shoulder with Regiie, both of them uncertainly watching King Penrod mutter to himself The king had gotten worse lately, staying up at all hours, ordering random men killed, and generally acting like a sick man.

“Regiie! Ryth!” He was always snapping at them as well. “Come out onto the balcony, tell me what you see!”

Ryth exchanged a glance with his partner, but obeyed. Both men walked out to the railing, flanking the king who was clutching at the railing like a falling man grasps a rope. “Your majesty? What are we looking for?”

The King pointed down. “Someone’s under the balcony! I saw them climbing up the wall!”

Another, far different look was exchanged. An assassin? It would not surprise Ryth if someone decided that Penrod was too unstable to keep his crown. “Your Majesty, please, return inside while we hunt the man.”

Pah.” He spat the word at them, but pivoted and stalked inside. As he slammed the door behind him,  a great  -CRACK- split the air. Both of the guards froze. There was another, softer crack. Both of them looked at each other. As the third crack sounded, and the balcony began to fall away from the building, they lunged for the doors. Ryth’s hand barely brushed the frame before gravity claimed him. He fell, screaming, into the mist.

Darkness Ascendant was lynched! They were a Citizen

Silverblade was killed!

Votes:

DA (5): Magestar, Bugsy, Elenion, Phatt, Silverblade

Conquester (1): Lopen

Bartimaeus (1): _stick_,

Elenion (2: Alvron, DA

Time until Cycle 5: To Survive the Silent Strets

gre_1487826000.png

Player List:

Magestar

Assassin in Burgundy:

Alvron

Bartimaeus

Seonid

Phattemer:

_stick_

Elenion:

Darkness Ascendant Lynched Cycle 3, Killed Cycle 3, Killed Cycle 3

Arinian Killed Cycle 2

Daniyah: killed on Cycle 1

Straw:

Bugsy: Survived a Lynch, Cycle 1

Ecthelion III Survived an attack, cycle 2

Doc12

Lopen   

Silverblade Killed Cycle 3

Sart

Conquestor

Droughtbringer  

Jondesu Lynched Cycle 2

Edited by Alvron

The Emissary of Mandos finished tapping the Coppermind, carefully committing to memory the instructions and information that it contained. He would have kept the thing altogether, but an Allomantically-resistant belt buckle could give him away to any Lurchers or Coinshots that happened to be burning, and he preferred to keep things as low-key as possible. Instead, he tossed it back into the open grave, and dove forward into the grave himself. Blackness closed around him.

The Emissary of Mandos was in something completely dark except for a circle of light above him. A dry well. Not the most traditional arrival spot, but apparently it was the closest spot to the town square that there was someone buried. Speaking of that... the Emissary felt the ground with his feet. Good, this one was actually buried. You never knew with those well ones.

Before I can do any analysis I need my game notes, but they're on another computer. :D

I was informed that someone used the spear of the survivor on me but failed. :huh: I'm beginning to think it's a gag item. Honestly, this game is terrible for analysis, heh. What are we even doing? 

I'll throw a vote on Len for the bandwagoning mentioned last cycle. Like Silverblade said, once Darkness was gone, it would be your turn to be focused on. 

2 hours ago, Doc12 said:

I'm beginning to think it's a gag item. Honestly, this game is terrible for analysis, heh.

Agreed. It seems like most items so far are useless in term of actual effect. We know there's a koloss stalker, which had no noticeable effect. We know there's the survivor's spear, which keeps failing. We know there's a colorful rock, which sounds completely powerless. I wouldn't be surprised if no otems did anything. Then again, I could definitely see the spear only work on a specific role, or the rock doing something super powerful. 

I have no real suspicions right now. I'm going to reread the thread tonight for a refresher.

1 hour ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Agreed. It seems like most items so far are useless in term of actual effect. We know there's a koloss stalker, which had no noticeable effect. We know there's the survivor's spear, which keeps failing. We know there's a colorful rock, which sounds completely powerless. I wouldn't be surprised if no otems did anything. Then again, I could definitely see the spear only work on a specific role, or the rock doing something super powerful. 

I have no real suspicions right now. I'm going to reread the thread tonight for a refresher.

There are 15 possible items in the game. 3 actually do something.

Finally got to my game notes and updated them. If this game works anything like Joe's last Hidden Info game, there are secret roles, and so I've been working on a list of what players have claimed what and which of them have provided evidence to substantiate that.

The way votes are panning out, so far it's 2 on me to none on anybody else. Live by the bandwagon, die by the bandwagon, I guess.

Right now I'm most suspicious of Doc and Stick. Both of them have been active enough to send in orders, haven't claimed a role, and appear to be participating but not taking part in any real discussion. I'm voting Doc because of the two of them he's the one who's voted on me.

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

I didn't know Seonid had claimed to have the Spear... was this in PM?  Anyway, Alv's logic is sound. Doc Seonid

Someone told me that Seonid has cool items through a PM. But I'm not feeling this Seonid bandwagon. The PMs might be a ruse to get a villager lynched.

Well, I have this weird rational thing called self-preservation, so I'm going to tie the vote by voting on Len.

Personally, I begin to suspect Alvron and Stick. This sudden bandwagon seems like nothing more than a blatant item grab, and that seems much more like a Spiked thing to attempt.

I'm voting Bugsy. He voted on Seonid for not remembering he had a PM(how was that suspicious in the slightest? Even when we didn't know why he said he didn't have a PM, there's not really a point in lying about something like that.), and then he voted on DA for being "inconsistent" with his wording about the Survivors Spear, which again, doesn't seem like something inherently evil. Feels to me like he's just looking for mistakes by villagers rather than thinking through their motives.

Silverblade made a PM with me on C1 and said that he was a little suspicious of Bugsy too(he asked me what I thought about Jondesu vs. Bugsy and I said I was leaning towards Bugsy being an elim if one of them was and he said he agreed).

Edit: Oh, and I had an item called "Silverward" that heals someone if they're possessed by a Shade or something. I used it on a player, so they should have it now(someone used it on me C1 or C2, I can't remember).

Edited by TheMightyLopen

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Why me?

Because your reasoning for voting on me is even more blatantly an item grab than Alvron. At least he tried to hide behind suspecting me of Dani's death. (Never mind the fact that if I were responsible, I'd have not said anything to anyone about having the Spear, and completely avoided suspicion.)

10 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Because your reasoning for voting on me is even more blatantly an item grab than Alvron. At least he tried to hide behind suspecting me of Dani's death. (Never mind the fact that if I were responsible, I'd have not said anything to anyone about having the Spear, and completely avoided suspicion.)

I...didn't vote on you? :-P

22 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Despite Stick not voting on you, your point about not mentioning the Spear is valid, unless it was a slip. What exactly does the Spear do, perchance?

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

Personally, I begin to suspect Alvron and Stick. This sudden bandwagon seems like nothing more than a blatant item grab, and that seems much more like a Spiked thing to attempt.

I care not for your item.  It sounds like it doesn't work so why would I want it.  I just think that there's a 50% chance that you are evil and that makes you my best lead.

24 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Unless you are revealing your item because you want us to think that your not the killer because why would the killer reveal himself in such a way.