Hoid in Well of Ascension

Koldun

So I was reading Well of Ascension, and I remembered reading somewhere that people were able to connect Hoid to the old man leading the Terris refugees in chapter 56. Could someone point me to the quote in which there is a clue about the Terrisman being Hoid, seeing as I looked over that section and couldn't find anything connecting the two.

This drove me crazy too. :)

There aren't any clues. The only reason we know it's Hoid is because Brandon came right out and said it. That cameo wasn't so much a "see if you can find Hoid" so much as it was Brandon wanting to include Hoid in there for himself. Apparently he was up to something in Terris when the Inquisitors attacked.

There was a retcon but this doesn't change nothing of the in-book material.

Before the retcon:

- Hoid was with the Terrismen because He went to Terris to find the Well of Ascension (He as almost everyone was tricked by TLR's changes of landscape) and He was struck in the Inquisitors' attac and He help the Terrismen to run away. Then he discover (thanks to Elend) that the Well is in the city and he worldhop there to arrive in the Well before Vin.

But while Brandon was checking some continuity's events, he notice Hoid could not worldhop to the Well when Elend informed it (because Kelsier destroyed the other Scadrial's perpendicularity), so He retcon the events.

After the retcon:

- Hoid visits the Well some days before Vin, then He went to Terris for some other affair and he remained struck by the Inquisitor's attack

• Chaos locked this topic