Islipperyharp

Cadmium time capsule

5 posts in this topic

Say you have a pulser misting that has no attachments to the world but is very educated. He takes a large amount of Cadmium and makes a time bubble. He holds this bubble for, "theoretically," 100 years in everyone else's time. When he comes out he tells everyone about his history. Is this possible and plausible?

And that's how Marasi gets to join the Mistborn space opera.

Yes.

Cadmium hermit can time-capsule self:

[1:00:00]
Alterodent: If a hermit were to take a whole lot of Cadmium and go off and live by himself, how far within a lifetime, reasonably, could he get into the future by essentially time-capsuling himself?
A: <laughs thoughtfully>
Q: Assuming they live to be 70 or 75.
A: They could get pretty far.
Q: What would the savantism do to them?
A: The savantism would probably allow them to get further… It’s completely reasonable… you can treat this like relativistic travel.

Now spike them with the ability to use Duralumin and you get Restaurant at the End of the Universe status. 

Definitely possible.  We covered this to what I felt was a pretty entertaining degree in an older thread that you might be interested in:

Mistings with Jobs

I believe WoB still maintain that multiple overlapping time bubbles will actually create a multiplied time dilating effect.  I suspect he might have to establish some kind of limit on this though; if you're wondering why, just follow the link above.