Long Game 30: Journey Before Destination

Amanuensis

Ashetvl pulled Ralaani up, helping her to her feet.
“Ralaani?  That’s a beautiful name.” Ashetvl smiled at her.  Her drink.  She sighed and made a motion of apology towards Ralaani before kneeling back down again and pulling her towel out of her satchel.  She started to wipe up up the drink that had been spilled, a kind of Orange coloured wine.  It wasn’t particularly strong but it had had a nice flavour to it and Ashetvl had been enjoying it.  She was tempted to get annoyed at Ralaani for knocking it over and ruining it for her, but she resolved not to.  It would not do her any good as a soon to be Lightweaver to be going around calling people down.  Perhaps she could find retribution in more, subtle ways.  That was what Lightweavers did, wasn’t it?  Deception and trickery.  That was what she had heard from the gossip of some of the other Initiates before Ralaani had knocked into her.  Yes.  She would do that.

Just as she was finishing up cleaning the spill, a servant came off and began fussing about how it was improper that a to-be Radiant was cleaning, especially in a dress like the one she was wearing.  She turned to face the servant and he stared at her oddly, every so often scanning her body up and down.  He looked like he was about to say something, but then thought better of it.  He took the towel off of her and then took the glass away.  She stood again.

“I seem to be out of a drink.  Do you care to come fetch another with me?”

Edited by AliasSheep

Sareth continued walking. For a moment there, it seemed as if all movement in the gala had ceased, all attention on the two women. However, the crisis had been averted, and the normal procession of the party continued. He made his way over to the man in the corner, occasionally weaving around the random party goer. As he drew close, he thought he recognized the man. Araon, that was his name. He walked up behind him.

"Is the sky not beautiful? The pure wonder of nature. What is nature is Truth, for the Creator is Truth, and so are His creations. I notice that you are not taking part in the celebrations. Might I inquire why?"

@Assassin in Burgundy

Rea stood gawking in front of a long table, filled with platters of food. He had never seen so much food in his life. I guess being a Radiant has its perks, he thought to himself. This is going to be so awesome! He quickly grabbed a plate, and started to load it up with all of the delicacy that he could find. Some of the dishes he didn't even recognize, but that didn't stop him from putting a bit of everything on his plate. Baring a mountain of food, Rea made his way over to an empty table and plopped her plateful of food in front of him. He was about to take a large forkful of some sort of smoked something when he heard the sound of chairs being pulled out, and an elderly couple sat down at the same table as him.

Great, he thought. Now I'll have to listen to old people. He scowled at them from the safety of his head, but offered them a polite smile on the outside.  The old woman turned to him and a smiled lit up her face. 

"Oh, why hello there," she said in a slow, but happy voice. "Why are you here?" 

"Me? The food's really good I guess." Came his reply. The older man chuckled.

"Ah, just like me young grandson, about your age now. He is always hungry. Reminds me of a time when I was young. Me and my friend Dathan..." Rea tuned them out as he could sense a long boring story coming up. He quickly scanned the area to see if there was some possible way to get away form his unforeseen dinner companions when a loud crash sounded somewhere. The older man stopped his story and Rea sized the chance.

"Nice meeting you, bey!" he said as he quickly scooted off his chair, grabbed a his plate, and scurried off to what had happened. Through the mess of bodies and tables, he could make out to people sitting/laying on the ground. Oooo, a fight! This should be interesting.  He thought to himself as he pushed forwards. As he got nearer to the two girls, his hopes were dashed as he saw that they had just fallen, and weren't in a fight. Man, why can't something inserting happen, he thought sadly. He then got a surprise as one of the fallen girls turned her face and he recognized her as Tvazn. Wait, isn't his name Ashetv? He thought, thinking back to yesterday. Yeah, that's what it is. Ashetlv. And a girl to boot. Never saw that coming, probably should have, he gave a mental shrug. Well anyways, he, Rea stooped himself a gain. She, he corrected himself, doesn't know I'm here, so... his mind quickly thought up all the ways he could surprise her, and he quickly walked behind a group of passing party goers as not to be seen as he plan out his surprise. 

So it looks like it should be pretty easy to keep people's honer count kept, and to see if people could possibly get a spren. it's also gong to be hard to get a read on people, mostly because of the extensive RP most people are doing. -_- Should be fun anyways!

Araon instinctively clenched his fists, then released them. He turned, and spoke. 

"Frankly, I don't see the point in them. The only reason I came here was because of the free food and that it's easy to steal from the lanterns." He held out a handful of broams as proof. "And the Truth? What's that?"

Sareth cringed inwardly when he saw the pilfered spheres, painful memories uprooted, but he shoved the emotion down and calmly nodded.

"The Truth, you ask? The Truth is the source of right in the universe; it is the stable foundation of all that is. That which is anchored in the Truth cannot be moved. The Truth... it provides meaning in life, a stable wall to lean on. Through its guidance, I have righted my life. Think of it like this: At the the creation of the universe, there was a code, or blueprint, used by the Creator. This is the Truth, the eternal rulebook that brings peace and meaning. If you look closely, you can see evidence of the Truth all around you. See the stars? Their infinity and radiance? That is the Truth evident. Have you ever looked closely at a flower, seen the radial symmetry of the petals and the spirals of the seeds? That is the Truth evident. But my friend, I cannot tell you that the Truth is a simple affair, one to be taken lightly. For there are ways to stray from the True Way and be condemned. Such is lies and deceit, the opposite of truth. To pretend to be something that you are not is a serious sin, for you attempt to fool the world. From my experience, they who lie are found out in time. Likewise, deal honestly with others, and do not steal," he glanced at the handful of broams, "and seek peace in conflict, and uplift others. If you do these things, you will begin to find an inner peace and fulfillment that you had not felt before. I have felt this." Sareth placed a calming hand on Araon's shoulder.

"And I hope you will too."

Araon studied his approacher. He was earnest, no doubt, and believed in this cause. Araon had turned aside many religions, but he liked the ideas of this one. Unfortunately, he had other causes to fulfill. 

"I thank you for your explanation, but I have other motives that do not conform to this. Some day, I may follow this path, but it is not this day." He smiled sadly. 

"What can be more important than the Truth?" The man asked. 

Araon gave a half smile, and answered. "Revenge."

“I seem to be out of a drink.  Do you care to come fetch another with me?” Ashetvl asked.

Ralaanar froze. "Uh, um, yeah," he said. "Yeah, sure."

As they walked towards the drinks, Ralaanar alternated between sneaking peeks at Ashetvl and staring resolutely ahead. Ashetvl was beautiful, but at the same time something seemed off with her. She didn't seem to fit her clothes. Her shoulders were a bit wide, her chin a little too square, her butt a little small. Ralaanar blushed and then forced his gaze forwards. He was not going to think of what Ashetvl looked like. He wrapped his cloak around his shoulders a little more tightly, grateful that he had brought it.

Rissa floated in front of Ralaanar, eyeing him smugly. She winked, and Ralaanar's blush deepened.

Naihar sat at a table, his head bowed and eyes closed yet he was not sleeping or even dozing.  Instead he had one hand pressed flat to the tabletop while the other repeatedly plunged a dagger between his fingers.

He wasn't sure if it was the speed with which he was doing it or the fact that his eyes were closed but it wasn't long until his opponent lost concentration and nicked their own thumb and fresh blood stained the table.

A few spheres changed hands between the watchers as those that won collected from those that didn’t.

Sheathing his dagger and pocketing his share of the winnings, Naihar stood, nodded to the watchers and made his exit.  Night had already fallen and if he didn’t hurry then he was going to be late.  And those that are late tend to stand out even more than those that are early.

@Amanuensis What exactly counts as a discussion post?  Does asking a question about the rules count or does it require something more?

31 minutes ago, Alvron said:

What exactly counts as a discussion post?  Does asking a question about the rules count or does it require something more?

Asking the GM questions does not count. Discussion is qualified by at least two players participating.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Asking the GM questions does not count. Discussion is qualified by at least two players participating.

Well there goes my plan of asking three question per cycle. :(  Guess I'll have to think of something else for honour harvesting.

33 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Well there goes my plan of asking three question per cycle. :(  Guess I'll have to think of something else for honour harvesting.

Hey, don't say that. You're talking about gaming the system. Journey before destination, remember?

Hey, um... Rissa? Rissa? Uh, let's not talk to him. I -- he looks like he sees things. And he looks scary. Um, this is not a good idea...

Since that cataclysmic event, I have attempted to hunt down any remaining individuals who possess powers like Soulbinding, possibly even survivors of that dark upheaval, but to no avail. So I did the only remaining thing in my power to preserve Soulbinding throughout the ages: I created the five of you.

Fifth frowned. Everyone in the room seemed to be having fun. Some were gathered in a circle learning about science and fabrials. How interesting... Others were engaged in games of skill or chance. Could he join...? He even saw a pair flirting, getting drinks. Wouldn't it be great to

NO. Focus, Fifth.

You have a job to do.

He noticed the Shin man leaning up against the wall after a brief conversation with the mercenary at the table. Like Fifth, the Shin man just stood, observing, alone. Fifth sighed. You know, sometimes I get the impression that the dark hooded cloak doesn't win me any points in the sociability department. Why can't I have just been born like one of them. Free, open, with possibilities. Like Ranatar, the Scientist. Shinon, the Lively. Naihar, the Cunning. Arionium, the Raven.

Who am I?

And the part of himself Fifth most wanted to ignore spoke up.

You are the Fifth Nameless. The Fifth of PRIME.

The Hunter.

Uther climbed the last flight of stairs, making sure the mark on his wrist was adequately concealed. After all these years, he was used to finding ways to hide it.

He was met with an impressive array of food, drink, and celebration.

Everyone was more or less enjoying the festivities, some of them clumped together and some of them watching on the sidelines. Everybody seemed slightly on edge. They feel it too. Something is going to happen soon.

Uther was unsure what his place in the ranks of the Knights Radiant were, but it occurred to him that standing around and waiting wouldn't help matters.

But first... Was that chouta? Uther worked his way over to the table and got a double helping of the herdazian food.

Better.

He found and unoccupied table and seated himself, eating quickly. I'll gladly take advantage of a free meal, but I have more pressing reasons to be here...

An artistically designed sphere lamp illuminated the table. Uther sucked in just a little bit of stormlight from the colorful display, not enough to perceptibly dim the lamp. A ripple of cold energy washed through him, clearing his mind and prompting him to act.

Then one of the globes of light in the lamp moved. A firemark, judging by the hue and brightness. What? Uther searched for its ruby glow, but found only a mix of blue and violets in the lamp. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

At any rate, it was time to take action tonight. Uther might not be a Ghostblood anymore, but he still knew a thing or two about tactics. I'll be needing allies and friends in all this... Judging by what Kholin is doing it's pretty obvious we aren't supposed to fight the desolation alone.

He decided he would try to contact some of the other initiates privately later on. In the meantime... He would try and meet some of these people.

Uther scanned the room, looking or someone to start with.

There. That one. I'm bored, and a discussion about the meaning of truth should be a worthy distraction.

Uther approached the one now standing alone and scrutinizing the celebrations.

"So... The truth. I was unaware that a particular group had taken the name for themselves...

Tell me, by what do you divine what is true? At the root, do you accept a particular method as a reliable means to learn the truth?

I am called Teresh, by the way."

@Hemalurgic_Headshot

Okay, so. first of all, I'm using the convention of putting OOC comments in purple.

Second of all, in regard to tracking honor... I doubt we can do that very easily from what Aman's told us.

However. If I were an elim I would totally start out by trying to bond a spren as fast as I can. There are two huge advantages to that: first of all, you are depriving the townies of some of their most useful powers. Second of all, you have access to those powers, which gives you marginal credibility and lets you use them against the ton.

Thing is, an elim who bonds a spren is also going to lose that bond eventually.

So. Point is... If we every confirm that someone had a bond, but lost it... We should be rather suspicious of that person.

Which, in turn, might encourage elims not to bond carelessly... Hm... Anyone else have thoughts on how likely it is for an elim to try and bond?

I suppose I should ask, @amanuensis (mentions are broke...), if just one of the elims bonds a spren, does that restrict the entire faction from using their powers, or just that one player? Because if it doesn't restrict the whole faction, I think that makes the elims dangerously powerful...

Edited by Drake Marshall

@Drake Marshall, the rules say that if a player uses their action, they lose their spren (if they're one of the Unjust), which reads to me pretty specifically as just them. This will definitely be a dangerous Elim team, but we can simply try to make sure we earn all the Honor we can to hopefully bond spren before them.

@Amanuensis, do you have a plan in mind for the RP to move to, or will you supplement it, or should we just RP freely including leaving if we wish?

Edited by Jondesu

18 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Okay, so. first of all, I'm using the convention of putting OOC comments in purple.

Second of all, in regard to tracking honor... I doubt we can do that very easily from what Aman's told us.

However. If I were an elim I would totally start out by trying to bond a spren as fast as I can. There are two huge advantages to that: first of all, you are depriving the townies of some of their most useful powers. Second of all, you have access to those powers, which gives you marginal credibility and lets you use them against the ton.

Thing is, an elim who bonds a spren is also going to lose that bond eventually.

So. Point is... If we every confirm that someone had a bond, but lost it... We should be rather suspicious of that person.

Which, in turn, might encourage elims not to bond carelessly... Hm... Anyone else have thoughts on how likely it is for an elim to try and bond?

I suppose I should ask, @amanuensis (mentions are broke...), if just one of the elims bonds a spren, does that restrict the entire faction from using their powers, or just that one player? Because if it doesn't restrict the whole faction, I think that makes the elims dangerously powerful...

Well, I was gonna try to do some RP to go along with some game discussion, but I think I'm too tired to do both, and between the two, game discussion comes much easier to me. :P

Anyways, I don't think it should be too difficult to track Honor, although it may take a bit of time to collect the information.

I imagine both villagers and eliminators will try to bond a spren as fast as possible. There's no disadvantage to it that I can see. There's probably 4 or 5 elims, so it's extremely unlikely that all of them will get Spren at one time, so there should always be a couple of them to send in the scan/kill. So I don't think we can learn too much from who gets Spren, though I do agree that if someone loses a spren, we should investigate, even though it'll probably be more likely they lost it due to some other reason than them being an Unjust using one of their faction powers(because why give up your spren just to use one action?). I don't agree that we should definitely be that suspicious of that person because of that though.

I assumed that it doesn't restrict the entire faction, but I guess it's a good idea to get confirmation.

As for game advice, only thought I've had so far is that a bunch of us maybe should go for the Dustbringer Spren(kill role) so the Unjust have a smaller chance to get it. Obviously they'd only get 2 kills with it before they lost the power, but if a village got the power, then we'd at least have the chance of hitting an Unjust while keeping the Unjust from taking out threats. So if you're really undecided about what to go for, it might not be a bad idea to put some of your Honor towards that Order.

Another man approached Sareth, a man Sareth had not seen before, or perhaps he had been somewhere else. His name was Teresh.

"That is a very profound question you ask, and because of that, I will give you a full answer. I am not the first Truthseeker, so I take from the teachings of the previous. The hundreds of combined years between them have created this," he pulled out his book,"and what they have found to be the Truth. I have read this many times, and the primary source of information is through traveling, searching the world for answers. However, there is not a whole consistency in the book, and those Truthseekers know that. I have had my own journey, and I will tell you that when I have found something, I will turn it over in my mind and compare it to the writings of the Truthseekers, and if it is right, then I will feel it. It is a feeling of completeness. Now, other Truthseekers who have intensely studied other religions as their journey have determined a prayer. However, I do not understand it, perhaps from the age of the document. I could give you a copy of the book, if you are truly interested."

The terrace had steadily become busier, though Ranatar didn’t pay the new arrivals too much attention. Lady Davar’s explanation had been very interesting, and when she had finished, an older woman had come forward and offered to discuss some of the new fabrials found in the city. Now, a short break was being held while some of the women got some food.

Ranatar noticed that another man had joined the group, who didn’t seem particularly bothered by the social conventions that had kept Ranatar at a respectful distance. It wasn’t too surprising, given the extremely varied perspectives and personalities among the initiates. ‘And the events that have brought everyone together here would make even the staunchest ardent question tradition.’ Ranatar thought, a wry smile crossing his lips. A decision made, Ranatar put away his notebook and walked over to the other man.

“Good evening.” Ranatar said with a respectful nod. “It’s not often that a man shows interest in the fabrial arts. I’m Ranatar, Stormwarden and Radiant Initiate.”

@Jondesu

I'm hereby borrowing the use of purple for OOC analysis and conversation. If I understand correctly, there will only be one of each order at any one time, so using the lack of a spren-bond to determine who are eliminators would only really be a useful tool in the late-game. It should be very helpful at that time to catch any eliminators that have managed to avoid detection up-till that point though.

Hithon had been early. He had been there when the guests had barely begun to arrive. That had been good. It gave him time to settle himself down to watch. Following his nose, he had managed to identify a good part of the food set before him, and what he couldn’t identify, he had called for a stewards help. For now, still remaining unnoticed, he ate, and he listened.

The food was excellent. Perhaps a benefit of not having his eyes was that he paid so much more attention to his other senses, and the food had been exquisitely prepared. He supposed that he should not have been surprised, seeing as the food had been prepared for a Highprince and a contingent of Radiants. It was food fit for Elhokar himself.

He remembered being able to prepare such meals. Before the darkness. Of course, he could still prepare a dish to make guests weep. That is, if he ever invited guests. But there were certain luxuries the sighted enjoy that he had taught himself to live without.

He rubbed his forehead. Thinking wasn’t working. Eating wasn't either. Nothing was. Nothing could distract him from the laughing dark. The other. Fool, they laughed. To think we would be driven away so simply. Once his supply of Stormlight had run out, they had returned twice as angry, gnashing their teeth, screaming for his soul. He would have stolen every sphere in the room, and gotten away with it, but he simply had to account for the fact that Stormlight was now a limited resource. As it was supposed to be the Weeping, none of their spheres could be infused again.

He needed the Light.

In a way, he had already begun to regret breathing in the Light. Before this, he had allowed himself to hope - even for a moment - that being able to absorb Stormlight would have saved him. Would have freed him from the other. And it had.

Temporarily.

And now having tasted freedom for once in a long, long while, he needed that light once more. He recognized in himself the beginnings of a craving. This was. Disturbing. Unacceptable. His father had always drummed that into him. You are Hithon of House Thindir. We accept no master. His fist clenched at the memory.

Odd. He would have thought his control was better than this.

In any case, he had already begun thinking of another way out. Firstly, of course, he would have to advance. He, or rather, the other in him, recoiled at the solid presence of the highprince, the controlled storm of the spearman, and the twisting curiosity of the girl. They had a power inside them. Even without stormlight, they were strong. He would have to be strong too. That would be his plan.

More pressingly, though. A slight smile curled a corner of his mouth. Perhaps it was time he actually started... socializing.

It was time to start a conversation.

Anyone want to RP seeing a mysterious blind stranger walking up to them to start a conversation is welcome to :P

Free players can also vote to execute or pardon a currently imprisoned player. Executions need half of the free players to agree, while pardons require at least three-fourths. Only one of each type of vote can occur in a single Chapter.

So a couple of questions first. There seem to be three types of votes going on in this game. The interrogation vote, the pardon vote, and the execute vote. Aman, does this mean all three of these votes can be used in one cycle? I'm honestly confused by your wording. From what I'm guessing, it means that the interrogation vote will remain in any given cycle, but we have to choose whether we want to pardon or execute in said cycle. Is this correct? @Amanuensis

This type of lynch is honestly something very new. It means we don't necessarily get information from the interrogation lynch unless we choose to execute them the next cycle, or the Unjust decide to kill them for us. I'm not too sure about it's value as a information-gathering tool in this game. Currently, the most immediate tools the we have for getting information is the Truthwatcher, Lightweaver and Dustbringer. I would go one step farther from @TheMightyLopen's suggestion and advise working towards these three roles to prevent the eliminators snatching up these roles. 

To just list down what we have in normal terms, we have an escort/roleblock (Windrunner), Vigilante (Dustbringer), Survivor (Edgedancer), Role scanner (Truthwatcher), Spy/PM scanner(Lightweaver), Witch (Elsecaller), Vote changer (Willshaper) and Bodyguard (Stoneward) 

Aman, question 2. Does being a Stoneward mean you sacrifice yourself for your target? 

Oh, and lastly, I'd like to note that Hithon will be bonding a Cryptic for RP purposes. I have decided this before the game started. I may or may not actually be bonding a cryptic in the game itself. Just stating this right now so that people don't think I'm claiming a role when I RP a Lightweaver. 

Edited by Doc12

Kintas glanced to the side as the man approached. He had completely forgotten that on Roshar, men were rarely involved in scientific study, unless they were an Ardent or one of the seclusionary Stormwardens.  And yet, here was one of those aforementioned Stormwardens introducing himself, and a Radiant Initiate at that.  Kintas could hardly believe his luck, though he contained his excitement and tried to remain casual.

"I am not an Alethi, not exactly, and the Veden proscriptions against men being involved in scientific endeavors seems…primitive to me. In fact, I find the entire science behind fabrials and the Ten Essences fascinating.  If I'm not mistaken, though, the Stormwardens use an entirely separate system based primarily on mathematical equations, no?  How is it that you can predict the coming of the highstorms with such accuracy?"

He paused for a moment.  "If you can speak of that, of course.  Forgive me, I got carried away.  I am Kintas, a simple scholar. I had no intention of even becoming a Radiant when I arrived, but it just…felt right, if that makes sense.  It's not a feeling I'm prone to."

I just want to point out to those that are adopting the purple for non-RP posts that it causes annoyances with tagging people and reading those, so I recommend coloring your RP instead.  Only problem is I can't do that on mobile, so I'll have to go back and correct those.  Anyone know how to use brown with just the code?  The usual color=brown code doesn't work for brown (it just doesn't color it at all).

“I suspect many initiates felt like you did when they decided to speak the oaths.” Ranatar said. “I imagine very few people would become a radiant out of doubt.” Ranatar considered himself to be part of the latter minority, though he didn't mention it. He paused a moment to gather his thoughts.

“You are in basis correct about  how highstorm predictions come to pass. I’d happily spend some time explaining the basics to you. Unfortunately, I suspect that if I start explaining now, I’ll get carried away and end up explaining far  too much in too little time to be understandable. If you approach me some-time in the coming days, I’ll be happy to show you the basics and explain the fundamentals of the Stormwarden’s predictions.” Kintas had the spark of intelligence and curiosity in his eyes that was common to Scholars and many ardents and Stormwardens. Taking some time to explain the system to him might, at worst, help him work through his current problem and could at best provide new insights that an experienced warden would overlook.

“You mentioned you were not from Alethkar? I‘ve travelled much through my homeland, but have seen preciously little of Roshar beyond our borders. Would you be willing to tell about your homeland?”

Now that you mention it, I can see how a purple colour could clash with the black borders of a mention.

@Doc12, regarding your second question, I don't think the Stonewarden dies during his defense. Otherwise it would just be a weaker version of the elsecaller power, which could, among other things, switch a person who is unlikely to be attacked with one that will be (like a truthwatcher that has done a role-claim), in essence risking one person to try and protect another.

Edited by randuir

Ralaani didn’t seem to be looking at her.  That was odd.  It almost felt like she didn’t want to be talking with her, certainly reinforced by her uncertainty at agreeing to get drinks, but at the same time every so often, Ashetvl would catch her looking her over.  It was definitely odd.  It was almost as if she was trying to hide it.  Maybe if Ashetvl started conversation, the other woman would feel more comfortable.  More liable to.. mentioning things she hadn’t intended to as well.

“So from what parts do you hail?” Ashetvl asked.  That always seemed to be a good place to start.  She would get her comfortable, talking about home, about childhood.  Then she’d let something slip.  

@Arraenae

Kintas smiled at Ranatar's offer.  "That is most generous of you, and I will certainly hold you to that commitment.  It is nice to enjoy the company of a fellow scholar."

"I'm afraid you might not believe me if I told you where I truly come from.  Suffice to say that it is a very different…world there.  The colors of one's eyes are irrelevant, but we do have a fascination with color itself. It's a truly breathtaking land, and I wish I could show it to you and others, but I would be happy to describe it in detail sometime, and show you some of the paintings I brought with me of images from my homeland."

Apologies for the bad puns. :P (If you don't remember, Kintas/Quintus is actually from Nalthis.)

BTW, it's not the border that clashes, but the words themselves:  @randuir  

Edited by Jondesu

NOOOOOO my giant post just storming got deleted.

I'll try and rewrite it I guess... Also while I'm venting I just want to say that my keyboard can't type "h", "w", or "f" nineteen times out of twenty and its storming annoying. If my posts have typos that's probably why.

10 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

As for game advice, only thought I've had so far is that a bunch of us maybe should go for the Dustbringer Spren(kill role) so the Unjust have a smaller chance to get it. Obviously they'd only get 2 kills with it before they lost the power, but if a village got the power, then we'd at least have the chance of hitting an Unjust while keeping the Unjust from taking out threats. So if you're really undecided about what to go for, it might not be a bad idea to put some of your Honor towards that Order.

I agree with you in principle, but I just want to point out that I for one will not be spending some honor on one bond and some on another.

3 hours ago, Doc12 said:

Anyone want to RP seeing a mysterious blind stranger walking up to them to start a conversation is welcome to :P

So a couple of questions first. There seem to be three types of votes going on in this game. The interrogation vote, the pardon vote, and the execute vote. Aman, does this mean all three of these votes can be used in one cycle? I'm honestly confused by your wording. From what I'm guessing, it means that the interrogation vote will remain in any given cycle, but we have to choose whether we want to pardon or execute in said cycle. Is this correct? @Amanuensis

This type of lynch is honestly something very new. It means we don't necessarily get information from the interrogation lynch unless we choose to execute them the next cycle, or the Unjust decide to kill them for us. I'm not too sure about it's value as a information-gathering tool in this game. Currently, the most immediate tools the we have for getting information is the Truthwatcher, Lightweaver and Dustbringer. I would go one step farther from @TheMightyLopen's suggestion and advise working towards these three roles to prevent the eliminators snatching up these roles. 

To just list down what we have in normal terms, we have an escort/roleblock (Windrunner), Vigilante (Dustbringer), Survivor (Edgedancer), Role scanner (Truthwatcher), Spy/PM scanner(Lightweaver), Witch (Elsecaller), Vote changer (Willshaper) and Bodyguard (Stoneward) 

Aman, question 2. Does being a Stoneward mean you sacrifice yourself for your target?

First of all, I'd be open to try some RP later this cycle...

Second of all, I'll just say from the start... I'm gunning for a role that probably a lot of other people also will be shooting for.

Third of all, I don't think that Stoneward works like bodyguard. According to my understanding of the rules it's more like doctor. They don't kill the attacker or die in the process, they just protect someone (little more powerful than vanilla doctor since they can protect against lynch).

41 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

BTW, it's not the border that clashes, but the words themselves:  @randuir  

You know, you could totally just change the text color back for mentions and leave the rest purple. But fine, I'll adopt this new red convention because I don't like the idea of everyone following different color codes.

7 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Another man approached Sareth, a man Sareth had not seen before, or perhaps he had been somewhere else. His name was Teresh.

"That is a very profound question you ask, and because of that, I will give you a full answer. I am not the first Truthseeker, so I take from the teachings of the previous. The hundreds of combined years between them have created this," he pulled out his book,"and what they have found to be the Truth. I have read this many times, and the primary source of information is through traveling, searching the world for answers. However, there is not a whole consistency in the book, and those Truthseekers know that. I have had my own journey, and I will tell you that when I have found something, I will turn it over in my mind and compare it to the writings of the Truthseekers, and if it is right, then I will feel it. It is a feeling of completeness. Now, other Truthseekers who have intensely studied other religions as their journey have determined a prayer. However, I do not understand it, perhaps from the age of the document. I could give you a copy of the book, if you are truly interested."

An interesting conversation... Excellent.

"I would potentially be interested, thank you...

I fear you misunderstand my question however. By what criteria do you decide if something belongs in the book or not?

Do you evaluate the truth of information according to your senses, and your observation? Do you advocate a certain method to test if something is true or not? Do you perhaps hold to a particularist belief, and assume the contents of the book to be true, thus evaluating new information based on the teachings of the book?

The problem of criterion. It is impossible to discuss truth without starting there...

Okay I ended RP:

Spoiler

You can say that I don’t follow any laws. And you will be wrong I follow laws, better to say rules, my own codex. You can say that I’m liar. And you will be wrong, cause it’s just question of point of view. Where you see lies I see truth, truth that opens eyes to people blinded by their ignorance and selfishness, shows their foolishness. You can say that I’m murder. And you will be right I killed many people, but none of them was innocent. And still there one death that I regret, death that never will be forgiven.

Candle flame trembled(I preferred candle light cause it was more natural, familiar then light of spheres)  each time when  I turned page of  book. This book was brilliant, despite its gruesome look, book was bound in skin (probably human). Still it was work of true art, every page was covered with skillfully made pattern of words and arts, horrible arts of death, but I didn't care about it, power and knowledge that that book contained was so magnificent… so magnificent, but I will never use it, just another artifact in my collection.

I closed book, put it on the table. Stood up, took goblet with orange wine and went to the balcony, without cane. There was no more need in cane, stormlight amazingly fast healed my leg, but right eye still was blind. Sun was setting down painting clouds in bloody red, but there was still enough time before the gala and I was terribly hungry, so I decided to find a place where I could have a snack.

Two floors down from my room I found nice small tavern, room was lit by dim light of oil lamps on the walls, from kitchen flowed smell of spices and fish. Most of room was occupied by small round tables, near the door, that lead to the kitchen, was bar counter. There were not many visitors, most of them was lower nobility. Some of them with grim look silently sat behind tables, others quietly talked.

I went to the counter. Barkeeper was woman, she was tall with tan skin, long dark hair and dark green eyes… emerald green.

I took a seat behind the counter

“What you will order?” she asked smiling, smile was nervous and she all time looked over my shoulder.

I ordered fish with sauce and bottle of orange wine. You know I never liked fish, but this one was not bad and wine at least was not diluted. Well, because after the first portion of fish still left some wine, I ordered more. When I finished with food there was still at least hour before the gala. So I needed somehow spent this hour.

I looked around the room, almost all visitors gone, only a small group of 4 people was sitting in the far corner. I turned to barkeeper and smiled, now she looked even more nervous than earlier.

“Oh, time runs so fast, so I think should go.” I said to her but loud enough so even group in corner can hear it. Then I rolled emerald broam to her over the counter. I started to get up, but barkeeper leaned forward and grabbed my arm.

“Please don’t go.” she whispered.

I looked her in the eyes. "I will call guard. Just stay alive long enough." I said. She nodded.

I went out into the hallway and counted to fifty then leaned with ear to the door. Of course I didn't thought to call guard. Because I was not sure that I will come back in time to save her and cause who will lose so beautiful chance to get some fun, only someone mad.

I heard muffled voices, waited second, and opened door with a jerk.

“And what is happening here?” I exclaimed loudly.

I wanted to scare them, but to be honest they did not look scared.

All faces in room turned to me.

The situation was so: two thugs were sitting on the table (both had red hair but one was high even by the standards of Alethi, while the other was almost twice lower than first), near the bar stayed second pair of ruffians. One was thaylen with typical for them white long eyebrows (he calmly sipped wine), while the second was enormously huge horneater, by one hand he held barkeeper’s shoulder in other his hand was dagger.

Apparently they did not want to talk, cause the couple of thugs that was sitting on the table instantly started to move in my direction. I didn’t have any doubt in their intentions, swords in their hands was enough to understand their thoughts.

Knife slipped from sleeve right to my hand, second later short guy was lying on the floor with knife in his eye. Tall one was faster his sword without stop flashed in front of my face. I slowly retreated, from time to time trying to hit my opponent with a dagger, which I pulled out of hidden pocket in the belt. I tossed nearest chair in thug(two others still stayed and looked on our “duel”)  and tried to hit him but red-haired guy was really fast so I only slightly cut his left arm, and I gradually began to realize that they are not simple bandits.  

He looked at the trickle of blood on his hand and then... he smiled?

He turned to his companions. “Hah.. Iz he hit me.” He said to Horneater. Iz just shrugged in answer. “You promised that’s will be easy, boring work… but he hit me, first wound for such long time. It’s gonna be fun.” He turned to me his smile widened even more and mad glint emerged in eyes.

“Enough Tar, end with this clown. We do not want to attract unnecessary attention.”  Horneater said. His voice sounded too clever for his stupid face.

“Oh Iz you never lets me to get some fun. Ehh.. okay.” He threw his sword on floor and turned to me.  “I will end this dance fast. You can consider it as a gift for giving me some fun.” Moment later in his hand emerged Shardblade that looked like long thin spine.

“Oh.. Damnation.” I muttered.

Tar started to rush on me, his sword looked like blink in my eyes, his sword passed through tables, chairs, walls without stopping this deadly vortex even for a second.

Step by step he was backing me to wall.  I ducked under the sword “One” I counted. I jumped over the table which moment later was cut on three pieces “Two”. “Three”  I’m backed in the corner without any way to go. I smiled.

My opponent stopped for moment. “Why you smiling, are you mad? You dead…” He wanted to say something more but in that moment his hands started to tremble and sword fall from his hand. Moment later he too fall on the floor and started to dance his “Last Dance”. Yeah that was name of the poison “Last Dance”.

I picked up Shardblade and turned to last two bandits.

Giant sighed. “As always you can count only on yourself. Fehr hold lady until I will end with this cremling.” And then he summoned Shardblade that looked like damnation big anchor.

I thought not very long, I tore lamp from wall and threw it in him. Of course he not dodged it, I jumped and thrust my blade through his chest. I turned to last thug but he already was lying on the floor with knife in his throat, knife was not mine.

I approached her and smiled. “Hah, good work. I think so.”  

She smiled me in answer. “Do you want to drink?” She asked.

“No, I drank enough today.” I answered. “For start I still don't know your name. Then you can tell me what so beautiful woman done to make two shardbearers angry on her.” I asked.

“On first question answer is easy, my name is Teilin.” She sat down on one of few not broken chairs. “On the second question without glass of wine you not gonna get answer.”  

I went over the bar counter. And looked at the bottle rows. “And so what you prefer.” I asked.

“Top shelf, green bottle with blue lines.” She said. I found bottle, poured some liquid in glass and pushed it to her.

She drank all in one big gulp. Then she looked on glass then on me.

“Green bottle with blue lines… not purple lines.” She said and then fell unconscious.

“Damnation.” I said under breath, lines on bottle really was purple. Also there was label on the bottle, “Strongest Horneater lager” was written on the label.

I looked on the room, on broken tables and chairs on dead bodies, big guy still burned, and on unconscious woman. All didn’t look very good especially if guard will decide check this place, what I will say them?

So I picked up Teilin on my shoulder, in other hand I took Shardblade of guy whose name was Tar, and went to my room.

30 minutes later.

I've stood in my room in front of mirror and looked at my new suit(absolutely white with golden lines on sleeves and shoulders). Teilin still unconscious was lying on the bed. Both Shardblades I hid in a secret compartment in the wall behind the mirror.

Little bit later.

There did not left time before gala, to be more accurate gala started 10 minutes ago. So right now I hurried up to the roof. You know, I hope night will be quieter than this evening.

Honestly I'm not checked text so here should be even more mistakes then usual but... mehh I not gonna check it.

Edited by Arinian