Long Game 30: Journey Before Destination

Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, Arinian said:

And also question. Can I vote? Cause by write up I think I can't.

You can. The write ups are just flavor to explain what happens. You might technically be a fugitive, but you still count as a free Initiate, as far as the game is concerned.

Okay, what I want to say. I'm not elim you can hunt me further but that will give you not much. What I can advise it's just activate your imagination at least for this turn and believe that I'm villager and do what you wanted to do if I was executed and revealed as villager. But if you want can just put me in jail again, but I'm aware you I need only some luck, 1 honor and my spren to be unbonded to make same trick again. Yes your ears not fail you, everyone can rebond their spren if bond will be broken, your honor not disappears.

I addmit that I absolutely was wrong about elims not bonding sprens is best strategy for them. I don't know how it works with Dustbringer, but if their spren after killing 2 Honorable can easily be rebond like all others then it's really dangerous for us. Also Truthwatcher, they are really useful for elims. Elims just can sit and investigate everyone while their Truthwatcher scanning people, and once he hits someone with spren they killing this guy and throwing their unwasted honor in spren(of course there still will be dice roll but that damnation good way to get very useful spren for them in this moment). Also there really small list(I'm not counted honor but someone(Doc) posted people with many honor on previous cycle) of people who can get last three sprens and that makes elims chances on bonding valorspren even higher.

AAnd I'm starting with my suspiciouns and reasons.

1. Alvron.

Honestly how he acted on previous turn (was reluctant about my lynch) mixed my thoughts on him. He really hardly pushed for my imprisonment but what was need in my imprisonment  on this point of game if not kill me for info, I don't know. Also I again will bring point about him having reputation of one who really good in rule understanding and storming GMs with questions (I'm started to play SE really not long ago so maybe I'm wrong but that what I've seen), so back to my point he said that "he will keep his honor" right now I see that like even much better choice for elims to keep honor. Also elims right now going with really weird strategy I don't know what they decided(so don't blame me in my certanity I'm NOT CERTAIN, I'm just guessing), but they not going with simple strategy about which I was talking earlier so that brings me to idea that there surely someone experienced in elim team, maybe someone genius or... mad(sometimes it's same thing). Alv fits for it I think. 

2. Rae.

It's really hard to be sure in Rae's alignment as she said me once "when I'n suspicious usualy I'm villager, when not I'm elims" yeahh something like that, and she not lying she really good in acting suspicious when she villager. But her reason on voting on me was... lets say not very solid. I will just bring her post with vote on me.

Asking questions isn't honorable, Arionium (Arinian). The Almighty (Aman) said that at the party yesterday. For someone publicly asking the Almighty for guidance, you seem very unaware of what he actually said. 

Can I, um, can I add something here? At, um, the gala, Arionium (Arinian) said that there for four Unjust. Do we know how many of them there are? How, um, how did he know that? I... I think that he's lying about something. Or he knows more, um, more than us. Yeah. Um. Does that make sense? No? I'll, um, I'll just shut up now...

So she voted on me just because I'm asked questions and was CERTAIN(after this game I will hate this word) about number of elims.(I damnation couple time wrote "give your thoughts why elims number should be other then 4" but everyone ignored me). Maybe I bit biased with my thoughts on Rae cause she voted on me but I think she suspicious.

Also will bring her second post with reasoning on my lynch:

What is it with this obsession over "actives"? The Unjust can be active too. Confirmed active does not mean confirmed good. I like to focus on people that I can hear. Other people might not.

I'm voting for Arionium (Arinian) to be interrogated because of his certainty. A lot of the things he says doesn't add up. The Almighty (Aman) was pretty clear when he said what was honorable and what wasn't. I don't see how a "visual lie" would change his mind. Padding out discussion with filler questions is more like what an Unjust would do.

"More like what an Unjust will do"... what is that? That's point? Are you kidding me, just stop for second... you think I'm robot or what? Everyone has his\her own roaches in head I wanted not to throw short  posts that was reason I don't know how it makes me more elim or less elim looks like you just tried to take some reason for your vote from nowhere. (and info from my questions I count as useful)

3. Lopen.

There not much to say but I played couple games with him and his tone in this game more agressive then when he was villager. He looked too sure in my lynch even if his points was not solid. Don't have more to say, read based on his tone not more not less.

4. randuir.

It's just gut read but something looks wrong about him.

Also I wanted add Ecth but I can't find post which made me suspicious of him... so mehh...

So that's all for now, I should calm down little bit(cause reasons on lynch me made me really angry) and also should re-read through previous cycles.

Also if something not understandable ask me I will clarify what I meant.

And also I will probably vote on Rae or Alv on this turn.

Yeah that's looks like all for now. I think so...

After the flood had subsided, the initiates had made their way to the bottom of the spire without too much resistance. Several minutes of intense fighting had followed once they reached the top, but reinforcements had broken the back of the Voidbringer force keeping them hemmed in. No one had died.

Now, Ranatar was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He’d washed himself and replaced his dirtied and torn uniform with a clean one. Now, he was alone with his thoughts, no sudden threats to distract him.

Yet, the guilt he’d expected, and had felt before the attack of the Voidbringers, did not come. His old ghosts had come back to haunt him, but he realized that, even after emerging from his ruthless and logic-driven state, he still couldn’t find fault with his decisions today. He’d certainly have died today if he hadn’t locked away everything that could slow him down in the heat of the moment. If it hadn’t been the chasmfiend, it would have been the Voidbringers or the flood. And he doubted he’d have been the only one. They’d pulled through by the skin of their teeth, and any mistakes would have been the end of them.

Now that he’d seen the enemy, he understood one thing above all: He would have to do everything he possibly could to protect the rest of the world from what was coming. If that meant he’d have to learn from the man he’d been and had come to loathe, well, so be it.

There's one thing I'd like to adress in Arinian's post right now (there are other things I'd like to talk about in his posts, but that would take some research, as I prefer not asking people to just take my word on things).

2 hours ago, Arinian said:

So she voted on me just because I'm asked questions and was CERTAIN(after this game I will hate this word) about number of elims.(I damnation couple time wrote "give your thoughts why elims number should be other then 4" but everyone ignored me).

I'd like to respond with this quote form a post from elbereth (can't quote a locked thread, but it's in the archive from this game on page 9)

So, to be more clear, there are two conventions - square root or 15-25%, depending on the GM. There isn't much difference in mid-size games like this, and it's only when it gets big or small that that really comes into account. So I'd say five for this game, personally. Could be more or less, but five is fairly reasonable.

So depending on the exact choice, the amount of elims can be 3(15% of 22), 4 (20%), 5(square-root) or 6 (25% rounded up). Admittedly, that post predated your initial claim of 4, but there are several other posts in which the amount of people was discussed after I asked what the usual amount of elims was. After you'd claimed 4 for the first time, I even pointed out to you that if Aman had taken 20% and had rounded it up you'd get 5 players (and with 4.4 being 20% of 22, I don't have any certainty whether he decided to round up or down if he took the 20% convention).

Edited by randuir

2 hours ago, randuir said:

So depending on the exact choice, the amount of elims can be 3(15% of 22), 4 (20%), 5(square-root) or 6 (25% rounded up). Admittedly, that post predated your initial claim of 4, but there are several other posts in which the amount of people was discussed after I asked what the usual amount of elims was. After you'd claimed 4 for the first time, I even pointed out to you that if Aman had taken 20% and had rounded it up you'd get 5 players (and with 4.4 being 20% of 22, I don't have any certainty whether he decided to round up or down if he took the 20% convention).

Look back when I said what I said, there was no kill, no any hints of what elim think to do so for me 4 looked like best guess. Now I can agree that there can be from 3 to 5 elims, 6 too many 3 kills in one cycle is really overpower. So lets think 5 elims it's 2 kills in cycle and one of them can investigate or go for spren, still looks like little bit overpowered for me(of course if one of them going for spren then they on some cycle should stop 2 kills in cycle to investigate). 4 elims it's 2 kills in cycle, but they still need to investigate and surely give all roles(sprens) to village will put them in bad position, so probably 2 of them is killing one investigating and last going for spren, looks pretty balanced.  3 elims it's one kill in cycle, one can investigate or go for spren, that's  possible especially from what we see now. So I think that there 3 or 4 elims. It's just GUESS and I'm not CERTAIN.

Also 4.4 usualy rounds to 4. And all that you wrote and quoted not answer on my question it's just says what number of elims can be depending on game features(or depending on GM). My question was worded in right way, why in THIS(yes this game) should be other number of elims, why? You not answered.

Edited by Arinian

Arionium, the issue isn't whatever number you spouted, it was your certainty. There could be four Unjust. Or five. Or three. We don't know. When you talked about the Unjust, you sounded very certain. An Honorable Initiate sould have no way to tell how many Unjust there are.

Uh, um, they could go, um, to the Nightwatcher. Or, um, maybe get it out of the Stormfather (Aman)?

*rolls eyes* The Almighty doesn't work like that.

Anyways, Hithon, of course I know that a Initiate voting on an Unjust doesn't guarantee the Initiate's innocence. But if someone says that they Arionium's gotta be Honorable because Ralaani's an Unjust, why didn't they try to pardon Arionium? Ashetvl was an Honorable Initiate who got murdered in jail. Why weren't they worried about that?

5 hours ago, Arinian said:

1. Alvron.

Honestly how he acted on previous turn (was reluctant about my lynch) mixed my thoughts on him. He really hardly pushed for my imprisonment but what was need in my imprisonment  on this point of game if not kill me for info, I don't know. Also I again will bring point about him having reputation of one who really good in rule understanding and storming GMs with questions (I'm started to play SE really not long ago so maybe I'm wrong but that what I've seen), so back to my point he said that "he will keep his honor" right now I see that like even much better choice for elims to keep honor. Also elims right now going with really weird strategy I don't know what they decided(so don't blame me in my certanity I'm NOT CERTAIN, I'm just guessing), but they not going with simple strategy about which I was talking earlier so that brings me to idea that there surely someone experienced in elim team, maybe someone genius or... mad(sometimes it's same thing). Alv fits for it I think. 

(Emphasis mine)
Just a couple of clarifying points.

I don't think my rep is for rule understanding but rather for rule interpreting.  I enjoy trying to find new and inventive ways for using rules, items and roles.  Or in some cases, hunting down secret mechanics.  For me, that's the most enjoyable part of the games.  That and messing with GM brains.

Yes, I said in chapter two that I will be keeping my honour.  But I also said that I will be keeping it until I decide which Spren I wanted to go after.  Then in chapter three, I said that I had decided which Spren I wanted and was going to place my honour there, which I did.  I'm not going to say which Spren I went after nor whether or not I got it. :P 

Um, thanks.  I like to think of myself more towards the genius rather than the mad side but who knows. :P  However, I caution you in assuming that there is an experienced elim.  I've seen GMs run a whole team of newish or evil-inexperienced players and them doing absolutely fantastic.  On the flip side I've seen a team where they were all high profile, very experienced players so nothing is off the table.

Now, onto other things.

Firstly, another fantastic write up Aman.  If I didn't know better I would suspect you of being Brandon Sanderson.... you're not BS are you?

And secondly, I call for Quivers death.  I said last cycle that his death would be more informative than Ari's.  With how the votes on Ari tallied up when Quiver was on the top makes me think that there's something funky going on.  If Quiver is an elim like I'm increasingly certain of then we should take a much closer look at those that voted for Ari.  And yes, I know that I'm at the top of that list but I still think it's for the best.

As for who to imprison this cycle, I thinking of voting for Ari again. (sorry)  He is still at the top of my suspect list.  The rest on my list are just gut vibes. :( 

Edited by Alvron

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

Arionium, the issue isn't whatever number you spouted, it was your certainty. There could be four Unjust. Or five. Or three. We don't know. When you talked about the Unjust, you sounded very certain. An Honorable Initiate sould have no way to tell how many Unjust there are.

Uh, um, they could go, um, to the Nightwatcher. Or, um, maybe get it out of the Stormfather (Aman)?

*rolls eyes* The Almighty doesn't work like that.

Anyways, Hithon, of course I know that a Initiate voting on an Unjust doesn't guarantee the Initiate's innocence. But if someone says that they Arionium's gotta be Honorable because Ralaani's an Unjust, why didn't they try to pardon Arionium? Ashetvl was an Honorable Initiate who got murdered in jail. Why weren't they worried about that?

I have nothing to say... I'm certain... *taking deep breath*... I'm CERTAIN...

4 minutes ago, Alvron said:

And secondly, I call for Quivers death.  I said last cycle that his death would be more informative than Ari's.  With how the votes on Ari tallied up when Quiver was on the top makes me think that there's something funky going on.  If Quiver is an elim like I'm increasingly certain of then we should take a much closer look at those that voted for Ari.  And yes, I know that I'm at the top of that list but I still think it's for the best.

As for who to imprison this cycle, I thinking of voting for Ari again. (sorry)  He is still at the top of my suspect list.  The rest on my list are just gut votes. :( 

I can agree with Quiver's lynch but in same time I don't think that all that bandwagon on me was reaction on Quiver's lynch, with same probability all this bandwagon can be just bandwagon. Or something like Lopen gave smallest reason on my lynch and elims added their votes so if after my death will be revealed that I'm villager Lopen is one to blame or elims even tried to defend me so after my death they can say something like "See! I was against his lynch! Lets find elims between people who lynched him", there could be many scenarios.

And putting me in jail and lynching Quiver in same time stupid idea, if he will be executed and we will see that he is elim and I will go to jail in same time elims will just kill me with one player. Yes if he will be revealed as villager that's little bit keeps logic in your advice, but I know that I'm not elim so no I not gonna agree with that part. Also if he will be revealed as villager and I will go in prison after that(I mean on next turn after that) that not hurts village too much cause elim in prison is almost dead elim, only thing that you will lose if won't imprison me on this turn is that on next turn you will need to waste imprisoning on me. 

And why you was reluctant about executing me? It's really not clever thing to do cause why imprison me if not kill then for info, only reason I can see so that after my death you can say that "guys I was against executing him so it's you not me whom to blame".

Alv

First of all, Aman your write ups are making this game amazing.

Also, I may have been keeping a list of things to RP once we got some down time. I'm looking forward to this cycle. :)

Second of all. Arinian! You're alive! Yes, I voted to execute you. Sorry about that; you can see my reasons for doing so in the last cycle's posts.

But I am going to say from the start that I decidedly do not support jailing him again.

I'm having trouble articulating why, but I actually trust Arinian more than most of the other players. I actually kind of hope he manages to get the edgedancer bond again.

Although... It does seem convenient that the earliest active lynched turned out to have edgedancer. Just out of curiosity, were you saving up honor and decided to invest it in edgedancer once it became apparent that you were being voted on? I don't think this is particularly suspicious behavior but I would definitely be interested to hear your explanation on that one.

Third. Quiver.

First of all, examining the vote. I didn't agree with using up another vote on an inactive this early in the game. But there were some solid reasons behind the lynch I suppose. I don't really fault the first votes on quiver that much.

I would, however, guess that one of the later votes on quiver was cast by an elim. If quiver was innocent, anyway.

In regard to executing quiver... Well I was against executing sheep because I thought it was very unlikely for sheep to be an elim, and as a town it was marginally worth keeping sheep alive in jail. But some of you have actually voiced some suspicions that sheep was an elim. I'm not really sure how much stock I put in the accusation though... I'll need to think about it a bit more before I decide if executing quiver makes sense.

And finally. The interrogation vote. I still suspect Rae, but again, I want to review some old posts and think before I cast this vote. I particularly want to review Alv's posts in previous cycles to see if the suspicions leveled against him are justified or not.

My next post will probably be a pretty big block of RP. No time for that now though.

1 hour ago, Arinian said:

And putting me in jail and lynching Quiver in same time stupid idea, if he will be executed and we will see that he is elim and I will go to jail in same time elims will just kill me with one player. Yes if he will be revealed as villager that's little bit keeps logic in your advice, but I know that I'm not elim so no I not gonna agree with that part. Also if he will be revealed as villager and I will go in prison after that(I mean on next turn after that) that not hurts village too much cause elim in prison is almost dead elim, only thing that you will lose if won't imprison me on this turn is that on next turn you will need to waste imprisoning on me. 

And why you was reluctant about executing me? It's really not clever thing to do cause why imprison me if not kill then for info, only reason I can see so that after my death you can say that "guys I was against executing him so it's you not me whom to blame".

I agree with you on the first point.  It's why I haven't placed my vote on you.  All I did was point out that I am still suspicious of you.

I am reluctant of executing anyone when I don't see the information reveal being worth it.  In your case killing you wouldn't have revealed enough information for it to be worth the loss of an active player so soon in the game.  Executing Quiver on the other hand is worth it as all he can give us is his alignment which will allow us to make better conclusions.

I have nothing to say... I'm certain... *taking deep breath*... I'm CERTAIN...

If we wanna imprison Arionium (Arinian), we can have to do it quickly.

Um... won't he run away again?

It took two cycles for me to start seeing spren pop up. One of them might have been his cultivationspren. The only way for him to have escaped like that would be to use Stormlight. It'll take at least two cycles to get enough Stormlight to do that again. By that time, he'll be safely locked up.

Rissa, um, uh, why are we, uh, imprisoning him again? I, um, I think he might be innocent. I don't want to, uh, execute somebody.

I um, I think we might be wasting our time with Arionium.

*considers*

Maybe you have a point. I've been accusing Arionium a lot. Let me think about this more.

I'm going out of town today, and won't be back until sometime tomorrow, so I won't be able to post or anything until then.

Gosh dang it. I hate it when people don't die when they're supposed to. :/ To echo Drake, did you put all of your Honor towards Edgedancer when you realized you were going to be lynched Arinian? Or did you already have the Spren? I don't exactly remember the timeline of when Spren were bonded though, so that may have been impossible. It's just strange that you didn't alert anyone that you were an Edgedancer and now we've wasted multiple Cycles.

Araon wanted to get drunk. 

After fighting off Voidbringers and fleeing a flash flood, he deserved some rest. He would keep a lookout for that runaway Initiate, but he needed a break from the chaos that had permeated his everyday life. The Initiates were slowly disappearing, and Araon hoped be wouldn't be next. 

He'd the Pub Seb was good from somewhere, so he began the relatively short journey. The city was really quite beautiful, and Araon hadn't had the chance to enjoy it properly. He ducked into a sort of bazaar, and was instantly rewarded with eye-popping sights and smells ranging from sewage to exotic fruits. He noticed a stall near the back, with a strange glass ball sitting on a bronze pedestal. A wizened old woman sat behind it, eyes squinting to peer into its depths. 

Araon smiled, and sauntered over. He had a soft spot for fortune-tellers and apothecaries. His hometown had been infested with them, and he had taken a liking to the profession. He sat down, and slid a sapphire mark across the table. He smiled, humoring her.

"So, what can you tell me about my future?" The woman hardly looked up, but pocketed the mark nonetheless. She squinted even more, before her eyes widened, then subsided. 

"Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to," she said in a crackly voice. She waved him off, oblivious to his protests. When he looked back, she was still staring into her ball. 

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'm going out of town today, and won't be back until sometime tomorrow, so I won't be able to post or anything until then.

Gosh dang it. I hate it when people don't die when they're supposed to. :/ To echo Drake, did you put all of your Honor towards Edgedancer when you realized you were going to be lynched Arinian? Or did you already have the Spren? I don't exactly remember the timeline of when Spren were bonded though, so that may have been impossible. It's just strange that you didn't alert anyone that you were an Edgedancer and now we've wasted multiple Cycles.

I mean, we've only wasted one cycle on the actual interrogation (and there was nobody else in jail to execute anyways, so the execution vote wasn't exactly wasted). But... I do sort of wonder about why you didn't just say you could survive the execution. You seemed pretty noncommittal in defending yourself, and I wondered about that... I guess you knew that you could just escape. But why not just tell us in advance?

I don't really see what motivation an elim would have to not reveal this information, to be honest... Seems like a strange call to make whether you are town or elim. But still, I want to know your reasoning for not giving a warning.

Also... Got me thinking... You know what would be a dangerous strategy for elims to try? Have someone heap up a bunch of honor so that they can maintain a bond for a long time while being jailed, then become an edgedancer... Then deliberately draw everyone's attention and try to get lynched. Survive it a bunch of times and distract the town for a while, all the while letting the other elims bus by tunnelling on their ally from the very start. As a late-game strategy, it could potentially be pretty devastating. I don't think we have any evidence to suggest that Arin's edgedancer stunt is an example of this particular strategy... But nevertheless, it's worth watching out for that trick. If its occurred to me, there's a pretty good chance its occurred to the elims, who have probably thought about elim strategies a lot more.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

If we wanna imprison Arionium (Arinian), we can have to do it quickly.

Um... won't he run away again?

It took two cycles for me to start seeing spren pop up. One of them might have been his cultivationspren. The only way for him to have escaped like that would be to use Stormlight. It'll take at least two cycles to get enough Stormlight to do that again. By that time, he'll be safely locked up.

Rissa, um, uh, why are we, uh, imprisoning him again? I, um, I think he might be innocent. I don't want to, uh, execute somebody.

I um, I think we might be wasting our time with Arionium.

*considers*

Maybe you have a point. I've been accusing Arionium a lot. Let me think about this more.

I had said I was waiting to vote until after I reviewed some older posts. While this was completely true, I was also waiting to see if you would vote to interrogate Arinian now that he escaped.

So... On one hand, I suppose I shouldn't complain too loudly when you stop doing the thing I accused you of.

On the other hand, I'd probably have trusted you more if you kept on going after Arinian, defying my accusation.

It is quite possible you are a village who is genuinely wondering if Arinian is guilty or not. It is also possible you are an eliminator trying to avoid suspicion.

My opinion of you isn't really changed one way or another from this turn of events.

Now, lets try for part 1 of my RP this cycle.

Uther sat on the bed in his quarters, taking a moment to recover from the hectic day. He couldn't shake the picture of all those voidbringers, amassed at the top of the chasm, thunder crackling on their arms and a terrible mantra of death on their lips. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw a pair of glowing red ones glaring back at him.

Uther remembered their shouts of fury when he deflected their arcs of thunder, throw by throw. He remembered the sinking feeling he felt when he realized they were surrounded at the top of the spire, and his relief when reinforcements arrived. By some miracle, no initiates had died. Again.

That was my first glimpse of the enemy... The ones who usher desolation.

And yet... The voidbringers aren't the only ones trying to destroy the Knights Radiant while they are still weak.

The Ghostbloods. They are doing something here. Whats more, they are one of the few factions on the face of Roshar that are powerful enough to attack the Knights Radiant.

Uther got up, restless.

So much to be done. Uther had to investigate for possible Ghostblood involvement, see if he could get in contact with the escaped initiate, Aronium, probably check out the scene at pub seb, since many other initiates would congregate there, and maybe try to hunt up a copy of that book, Words of Radiance. A lot had happened in the last few hours, but it was only just beginning.

Oh, come on, Drake. The cycle started about 23 hours ago. It's three days long. That's 72 hours long. I explicitly said that I want time to think. Or would you prefer that I mindlessly tunnel on Arinian and ignore eveything new that pops up? Just because I haven't placed a vote on him now doesn't mean I won't ever again.

34 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Oh, come on, Drake. The cycle started about 23 hours ago. It's three days long. That's 72 hours long. I explicitly said that I want time to think. Or would you prefer that I mindlessly tunnel on Arinian and ignore eveything new that pops up? Just because I haven't placed a vote on him now doesn't mean I won't ever again.

I didn't say I'm suspecting you for this, I said that my opinion is unchanged. Storms man, I'm waiting to cast my vote this cycle as well. I am fully aware that there are solid excuses to wait. I want more time to think about it before I just vote on you again, too.

But I am going to pay attention to the way you give commentary and votes, and that includes pointing out the possibility that you are hesitating on that vote to dodge attention.

And, lets be fair. The only two options aren't mindlessly tunneling and waiting until the very end of the cycle to cast a vote. It is possible to place a well thought out and reasoned vote at the very start of a cycle. It is also possible to place a mindless vote on someone at the very end of a cycle.

I understand you probably don't appreciate me giving a running commentary about how each of your successive actions are potentially suspect. But, well, they are potentially suspect. It's not any one thing, but over and over again I look at things you are doing, and find myself wondering if they have elim motives.

I'm quite sorry if I'm wrong about you... But don't expect me to keep quiet if I see something that could be suspicious. Voicing suspicions is literally a villager's only job, unless they bond a spren.

I thank you for taking the time to respond to my suspicions. This kind of discussion is probably useful for giving the town information.

Edited by Drake Marshall

He was on familiar ground again. 

It felt good. Safe. He knew the ground under his feet, recognized the scents, could listen to the murmur of the voices around him and determine where he was. Urithiru was still a new city, but it was an ordered city, and one built according to a pattern. This and all the clues his other senses gave him were more than enough to navigate his way to Pub Seb with precision.

A shower, a change of clothes, and a restocking of his supplies made him feel a new man, and the quiet confidence from being on a ground he knew wrapped around him as a cloak. Among the throng and hubbub of people, he was in his element.  

He was invisible again. sitting on a lone table, listening as the other initiates conversed and celebrated around him. Balthazar's boasting rang loudest of all, but Kintas and Rannatar had also stories to tell of fending off Voidbringers and saving the Initiates many times over. Shinon had been by, and had bought a drink for Hithon, a quiet 'thank you' for the rescue. All around, bonds were being formed as the Initiates finally got to wind down. 

The darkness, curiously, had not been by. His world was still dark, but it was clean, and the living shadows nowhere to be seen for the time being. It felt good. Tentatively, he allowed himself to feel free. Taking a quiet drink from his mug, he continued to simply listen, hearing what others could not. Seeing without eyes. Piercing through the lies...

It was peaceful, and storms, he had missed this. 

Anyone want to come and interrupt Hithon's peace, you're welcome to. 

Gah, I meant to post this last night, but somebody forbade me from staying up late to post :( Anyways, my thoughts on what happened.

Firstly, note the lack of any kill this cycle. Not only was there no execution, but no one died at all. I'm not too certain what this means. Does it mean the the Unjust only want to kill prisoners? Are the rest of the Unjust too busy bonding spren to put in a kill? Either way, I'm confused as why their only kill so far has been on an inactive prisoner. By this cycle, they should have already interrogated a good number of us, so why the lack of kills?

Secondly, Arin... Why didn't you tell us? As Drake said, there was not really any reason to keep it a secret, it just makes you look more suspicious.  I have to say this is just making me more suspicious of you. And as I have been making careful notes each cycle, I can point you to this statement that you made yourself back in cycle 1:

Okay now I gonna throw my thoughts :D.

First I want to say my ideas about spren bonding.

I see couple ways how unjust will act. 1) They won't bond spren and will try to get maximum kills from their abiilities without spren(anyway in the end they will become Skybreakers. I see that as best way for elims, but I don't know what chance of becoming skybreaker so I can't be sure). 2)Two of them will use faction abilities and two others will go for Dustbringer spren. Why 2 of them? Cause when dustbringer kills 2 villagers spren leaves his KR so they will hope that after one will make 2 kills other will get spren. 

Also there posibility that unjust will go for cultivationspren(but then they can't use their faction  abilities so I'm not sure about this one) cause ability to jump from prison is very strong (just think, no lynch on them without using spren ability(windrunner or dustbringer))

Refuge in audacity, perhaps? This could be potentially explained if, as Drake said, you shoved all your honor to edgedancer when you realized you were being lynched and got it, but if you were aiming for edgedancer from the start... What are you trying, Arin

Yes, I'm voting on you now. I just can't make sense of the way you're acting. 

Popping in to note that I have spent the better part of the last five hours catching up on the week's worth of thread I missed (this past weekend was... mm. 'Not pleasant' is a kind way to put it, and I haven't had time to catch up since then.), not counting this thread as yet. As it is after midnight, I am now going to bed, and will read this thread and post in the morning. 

Also, even assuming 100 wpm (given I was very distracted and reading critically is slower, but my usual wpm is about 500), 5 hours makes that 30,000 words in the last two and a half cycles alone. You guys talk a lot. :P

12 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Second of all. Arinian! You're alive! Yes, I voted to execute you. Sorry about that; you can see my reasons for doing so in the last cycle's posts.

But I am going to say from the start that I decidedly do not support jailing him again.

I'm having trouble articulating why, but I actually trust Arinian more than most of the other players. I actually kind of hope he manages to get the edgedancer bond again.

Although... It does seem convenient that the earliest active lynched turned out to have edgedancer. Just out of curiosity, were you saving up honor and decided to invest it in edgedancer once it became apparent that you were being voted on? I don't think this is particularly suspicious behavior but I would definitely be interested to hear your explanation on that one.

11 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Not I'm not saved honor, from first turn I was going for Edgedancer even before game started I decided to myself that I will go for Elsecaller or for Edgedancer. My bond was formed on turn 4.

3 hours ago, Doc12 said:

Secondly, Arin... Why didn't you tell us? As Drake said, there was not really any reason to keep it a secret, it just makes you look more suspicious.  I have to say this is just making me more suspicious of you. And as I have been making careful notes each cycle, I can point you to this statement that you made yourself back in cycle 1:

Refuge in audacity, perhaps? This could be potentially explained if, as Drake said, you shoved all your honor to edgedancer when you realized you were being lynched and got it, but if you were aiming for edgedancer from the start... What are you trying, Arin

Yes, I'm voting on you now. I just can't make sense of the way you're acting. 

I don't understand why I should have said to someone about my bond. What would change if I had said about it? I was only person in jail and I was unable to sit in prison longer cause I had not enough honor to keep my bond so anyway I needed to escape it. Also what if persons with whom I was in contact is elims or someone of them is Windrunner or they will just reveal info that I'm Edgedancer in thread. I just didn't want to increase my chances on death. Just look on that from my point of view, if you think that increasing chances on your death without any positive effect is good idea then I have nothing more to say. Also about what I was trying, I was trying to bond spren so elims not gonna get it, I don't know what you wanted to get with that question cause it already was discussed that for village is best to bond all sprens.

Also that what I stated in same post that you quoted:

Advices for village: Just bond them ALL!!!(Yeah just bond all sprens it's best for us).

So I don't know why you brought my statement, for what reason. You prefer if I had left cultivationspren unbonded specially for elims or what?

I hope I answered on all questions for now.

If something is not understandable ask me what I've meant :wacko:.

I don't understand why I should have said to someone about my bond. What would change if I had said about it? I was only person in jail and I was unable to sit in prison longer cause I had not enough honor to keep my bond so anyway I needed to escape it. Also what if persons with whom I was in contact is elims or someone of them is Windrunner or they will just reveal info that I'm Edgedancer in thread. I just didn't want to increase my chances on death. Just look on that from my point of view, if you think that increasing chances on your death without any positive effect is good idea then I have nothing more to say. Also about what I was trying, I was trying to bond spren so elims not gonna get it, I don't know what you wanted to get with that question cause it already was discussed that for village is best to bond all sprens.

I don't blame you for wanting to live. However, it would likely have made a difference if we'd known you weren't going to be lynched last cycle. I brought up the quiver lynch partly because I expected we would have some information (namely, certainty about your alignment) that would allow for some decently targeted interrogating this cycle (so I reasoned it was better to cull another inactive and go after suspects once we had more surety). If I had known you wouldn't die, I might have backed the Rae or Alvron lynches, or alternatively I would have gone through the active players again to see if anyone else stood out to me. I suspect that either Alvron or Rae would have been interrogated last cycle had we known.

I also find it a bit hard to believe there is no one in the current group who you'd trust to handle the secret of your order with care. You could have asked Doc to ask a specific player to contact you so you could have informed them.

Now, I don't think you're pulling the edgedancer gambit Drake described, but I'm not yet completely convinced you aren't, either.

I've quickly gone through the archives again to see if there's someone I can find a clear reason to interrogate. Specifically, I've looked at the people that wanted to lynch sheep because I can't shake the feeling that there must have been something more behind that kill. Though maybe casting suspicions at those 5 was the elims goal? However, none of them stand out as particularly suspicious (Lopen and doc seem village-y to me, Drake probably has the same alignment as Arin (and until we know one, we can't really know the other), and I don't really have a  feeling one way or another about assassin and mage). 

Finally, on the question about lynching quiver, I'm actually somewhat curious about what will happen when we leave him alive for a cycle. The elims where quick to execute sheep and I'm wondering if they'll pick off quiver as well(provided, of course, that quiver is not an elim himself).

Edited by randuir

1 hour ago, randuir said:

I don't blame you for wanting to live. However, it would likely have made a difference if we'd known you weren't going to be lynched last cycle. I brought up the quiver lynch partly because I expected we would have some information (namely, certainty about your alignment) that would allow for some decently targeted interrogating this cycle (so I reasoned it was better to cull another inactive and go after suspects once we had more surety). If I had known you wouldn't die, I might have backed the Rae or Alvron lynches, or alternatively I would have gone through the active players again to see if anyone else stood out to me. I suspect that either Alvron or Rae would have been interrogated last cycle had we known.

I also find it a bit hard to believe there is no one in the current group who you'd trust to handle the secret of your order with care. You could have asked Doc to ask a specific player to contact you so you could have informed them.

Honestly I don't think that would work how you wrote. Without information of my alignment no one was going to imprison Alv or Rae, probably all would ended in same way, with inactive in prison. Or maybe you right, all possible.

There enough people whom I count as village right now but trust hmm... I think I trust only El, but anyway she was inactive(and I still remember LG28, so I don't trust El too much:D).

And I don't think that Drake's alignment surely should be same as mine.

Right, posts (probably not in the right order). 

*a number of posts about RP vs discussion text; my opinion is in General Rules, thank you*

On 2/17/2017 at 10:01 AM, randuir said:

After having thought about it, I'm actually considering revising my estimate to four - because of the difficulty with alignment being revealed, mostly. That gives the evil team a lot of power. That is something of a side note, though. 

3 hours ago, Arinian said:

Honestly I don't think that would work how you wrote. Without information of my alignment no one was going to imprison Alv or Rae, probably all would ended in same way, with inactive in prison. Or maybe you right, all possible.

There enough people whom I count as village right now but trust hmm... I think I trust only El, but anyway she was inactive(and I still remember LG28, so I don't trust El too much:D).

And I don't think that Drake's alignment surely should be same as mine.

o.O Okay? May I ask why you trust me? I haven't posted since cycle 2 and I don't think I even said much alignment-indicative then...

Drake

Good question.

This is kinda tentative, but I think that trying to prevent a town jailing from being wasted is not something an elim would be very likely to do. I trust you slightly more then most of the other players.

This was in response to Alv asking about whether Sheep would be counted in the 50% for executions, 75% for pardons, thing. The counterargument, of course, is that if Sheep didn't count for those, she likely wouldn't have counted for the elim-outnumbering win condition, either. Which would be really nice for the elims, hmm?

Drake

Alv has been kind of flying under my radar so far, which kind of worries me. I definitely need to review his posts.

That's kind of what he does. :P Part of the skillset that comes with being Shadows, perhaps. 

Also, regarding Alv - and particularly the accusation that conserving honor makes him more likely to be an eliminator. I disagree fairly strongly on this point; for most people that could be indicative, but I think Alv would do so regardless of alignment, knowing him. I don't think it's alignment indicative - which (side note incoming) is the thing about him. Alv is really really good at saying only things that aren't really alignment indicative. He doesn't go for getting trust, as he's said before. Because there will be a difference when you do that when you're good and evil. But ambiguity? So that no one can ever tell? That's what he does. 

So I don't have an opinion on whether he's evil or not, really - if I had to guess, I'd say village, but that's a very tenuous guess - but I don't think that any of the points raised against him have really been valid if he is evil. 

Flashback time!

Fifth strolled down the hallway, humming to himself. It was the point in the plan when he needed to build Connections to the others--he wasn't going to get anywhere without knowing who his target was.

That was what bugged him about his whole mission. PRIME knew who the target was. So why didn't he tell him?

Regardless of what was going on behind the scenes, the Connections needed to be done. Fifth was proud of the method he had concocted. Granted, it did look somewhat peculiar that he was carrying a bundle of flowers around the halls of Urithiru, but nobody asked any questions.

He was so focused on his task that he walked right into the Lady Tintalle.

Tintallë Iurnu was walking down one of the many hallways in Urithiru, trying to clear her head from the thoughts running through it. Ralaani, the highstorm, whatever Kaladin Stormblessed had planned for today... 

She was so lost in thought that she didn't notice Fifth approaching until he bumped into her. 

Then she noticed. He'd bumped her hand by accident, and a single brush of hs arm was enough. She fell into his soul. 

It was... odd. She was in a room, or a place, or nowhere, but the nowhere was split into two halves. 

On the right was... coldness. Eyes staring out of the darkness. Purpose, direction, rationality tempered with the feeling of stalking through a dark wood at night. Hunting. This man was a hunter, without doubt. A big cat, or an owl winging through the darkness, or a human with an arrow drawn back from the bow, perfectly still. Quiet, deadly watchfulness. 

And past that, she caught a glimpse of... something else. Another soul, almost. Rationality, logicl, white calm precision. 

The left was different. Mist obscured nearly everything, but the feelings came through - a deep caring that was utterly incompatible with the hunter's indifference. A horrible, gut-wrenching sense of loss. One image pierced the mist briefly, just as the vision was about to fade: a lonely winding road into the distance, under the vastness of the sky, and the sense of a friend whom Fifth could not even remember. 

Tintallë stumbled, gasping. Fifth had already apologized and walked on, apparently, and she saw his back receding into the distance as she caught her breath. 

That had been odd, even more so than Ralaani's. Did he have two souls? Or... something? 

She hoped not every Initiate was that odd. She wasn't sure how much more of this she could stand, and at some point she'd probably have to come into contact with every Initiate. 

Note that this is the night before the chasmfiend hunt, and there will be one more flashback before I'm caught up. Tintallë did not attend that day, and for good reason. :) You'll see.

Aman, I must thank you for making me do all these amazing things. :P  Riding a chasmfiend is probably the most awesome thing I've done yet. :P The writeup was excellent, and I enjoyed reading it just as much as the others, if not more. :D 

Balthazar sat, completely tired out, on top of the massive chasmfiend shell.  He had straddled one of the huge spikes, and was resting his head against another, with the gemheart in his lap, and his swords each stuck a foot into the creatures thick hide.    He sighed.  This was not such a bad position, after all that had happened recently.  He wasn't letting go of the Gemheart, at least not until the team made it back to Urithiru.  He had prized it out of the very guts of the Chasmfiend itself.  It was his prize, rightfully.  Balthazar sighed.  It was a happy sigh, but a sigh all the same.  Everything was going right for once.   He was happy, he had been able to exert himself, push himself, and feel like part of a team for the first time in a long time.  Storms, he hadn't even thought about IT for days now.  Balthazar grumbled.  Well, now he had thought of it.  Thinking of a day like that was enough to put anyone out.  He sighed, and slowly drifted off.

I'll hopefully get some discussion and such up in a bit.

Edited by Magestar

13 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

But I am going to pay attention to the way you give commentary and votes, and that includes pointing out the possibility that you are hesitating on that vote to dodge attention.

Okay. I'll admit it. I was dodging the game a bit. I was at an out-of-state sport tournament at the time, and my phone battery was getting very low. I had five hours of sleep, for maybe the second day in a row. I did not have the brainpower or battery to read through the thread, think coherently, and place an intelligent vote. So yes, I dodged the game and watched the tournament instead. I can PM you a full list of everything I did that day, if you really want to know.