What order of Knights Radiant would others throughout the Cosmere be a part of?

wildbuc117

46 minutes ago, wildbuc117 said:

Wan ShaiLu, without a doubt in my mind, would be a Lightweaver.  If she isn't already...  (if this topic has already been discussed please direct me to it :) )

I am not so sure. I could also see her being in Jasnah's order (Elsecaller). Wan Shailu doesn't need to confess any truths, instead she wants to explore what item are historically in order to improve and enhance somethings expressed essence. I think Lightweaver works, but the mental state of a Lightweaver isn't really who ShaiLu is. I see Elsecalling as being honourable in your study and application of knowledge (very ShaiLu).

We don't know what broke Jasnah so we can't really say for sure (though sexual violence seems the most likely suspect). 

Edited by teknopathetic

Just now, teknopathetic said:

I am not so sure. I could also see her being in Jasnah's order (Elsecaller). Wan Shailu doesn't need to confess any truths, instead she wants to explore what this are in order to improve those things. I think Lightweaver works, but the mental state of a Lightweaver isn't really who ShaiLu is. 

That is a really good point.  I saw it as Wan ShaiLu has to know the truths and falsehoods of herself (and the emperor) to make soulstamps.

On 1/20/2017 at 3:08 PM, wildbuc117 said:

That is a really good point.  I saw it as Wan ShaiLu has to know the truths and falsehoods of herself (and the emperor) to make soulstamps.

That's a good point, too. It is possible that some Liespren/truethspren/cultivationspren would look for a host who loves lies/truths  in other people. 

Edited by teknopathetic

4 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

We don't know what broke Jasnah so we can;t really say for sure (though sexual violence seems the most likely suspect). 

Do we know if her flashbacks will be a part of the first 5 or last 5?  Cause I think you are on point with this and while I'm willing to wait for Lyft's book to be in the second half, I really want Jasnah's to be in the first half.

38 minutes ago, wildbuc117 said:

Do we know if her flashbacks will be a part of the first 5 or last 5?  Cause I think you are on point with this and while I'm willing to wait for Lyft's book to be in the second half, I really want Jasnah's to be in the first half.

Last 5, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Gizmosowner said:

Hoid seems like a bond smith as he looks to be working on bringing adonalsium back from being shattered and even if he isn't he is still good at bringing people together (discount vin)

I hadn't considered that.  I assumed lightweaver (https://imgflip.com/i/1i011z) cause of his abilities with smoke and song around Kaladin, but now I realize that he is probably using the Yolish magic (which is very similar to the lightweaving abilities).  Also, I saw somewhere recently (though I can't find it right now) that the third Bondsmith was a worldhopper.  If I recall correctly: the Stormfather was Honor's Bondsmith spren, Cultivation has one (likely the Nightwatcher), and that Odium was NOT associated with the third one.  

I could see Kelsier as an Elsecaller, the way how he thinks all nobles are guilty and deserve to die reminds me of how Jasnah justified killing the thugs. On the other hand he has the leadership qualities of Windrunners even if he doesn't have as much of an internal struggle about what is right and what is wrong. I wish we knew more about some of the other orders, he certainly is stubborn and determined too, like Stonewards are supposed to be.

Lightsong: Windrunner--he died protecting those who could not protect themselves. Twice.

Raoden: Bondsmith--he manages to unite Elantris under his rule and help them to overcome the Shaod.

Kelsier: Dustbringer--agent of "divine" destruction.

4 hours ago, Blightsong said:

Wax would definitely be a Skybreaker.

Nah, he's a total Wind Runner.

As many laws as Wayne breaks on a regular basis, he wouldnt be able to deal with him. For that matter Wax is guilty too. 

They're methods are unorthodox, but no-one ever doubts they're on the side of Right.

I would said Elend would be a windrunner and later a bondsmith, because he defies his father in order to do what he thinks is correct, and later he tries to unite the world in order to survive.

Kelsier is a edgedancer, the voice of the people, the represant of the oppressed.

Marsh, a stoneward, as he can stand against ruin´s control by pure will, similar how Taln bear the torture.

Siri(at the beginig of the book), a willshaper, for her love for adventures and being unreliable, at least according to her culture/father´s standars.

Edited by Idealistic Mistborn
Misspelling

1 hour ago, DocHoliday said:

Nah, he's a total Wind Runner.

As many laws as Wayne breaks on a regular basis, he wouldnt be able to deal with him. For that matter Wax is guilty too. 

They're methods are unorthodox, but no-one ever doubts they're on the side of Right.

Szeth goes about commiting horrible and numerous crimes, but Nalan believed him to be a perfect candidate.

Brandon has said that Nale looks for people that can follow a personal code extremely well, and that code becoming the law seems to be a later developmwnt of the bond.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:06 PM, teknopathetic said:

We don't know what broke Jasnah so we can't really say for sure (though sexual violence seems the most likely suspect). 

I think the trail to Jasnah's "crack in the soul" needs to go through her acknowledged and established atheism, not through unconfirmed sexual violence. She is the highest-born  Alethi in her generation. Who would even think of sexual violence against her?  Her atheism, however, is the driving force behind who Jasnah is and how she approaches learning. She was brought up in a world of Vorin ardentia. You think deciding that all they are telling her about Vorinism is crem dung is not enough for a crack in her soul? You think you need to bring in something else here?

WoB stated that Elsecaller spren are inkspren.  This is a significantly larger giveaway than one might think at first.  Just ask yourself, how would an inkspren get attracted to Jasnah.... It's actually pretty clear.....

6 hours ago, Blightsong said:

Wax would definitely be a Skybreaker.

I don't know. Yes, he is a lawman, but I am not certain Nalan would approve of how he does things.  

Steris for Truthwatcher, though.

Wayne for Lightweaver.

Marasi... Elsecaller probably. 

Edited by emailanimal

17 hours ago, Blightsong said:

Szeth goes about commiting horrible and numerous crimes, but Nalan believed him to be a perfect candidate.

Brandon has said that Nale looks for people that can follow a personal code extremely well, and that code becoming the law seems to be a later developmwnt of the bond.

Yeah, but that's also because he's insane, and becoming worse. So it depends if we're talking about the Skybreakers of old, or the thing that Nale is trying to put together now. 

19 minutes ago, KereDerek said:

Yeah, but that's also because he's insane, and becoming worse. So it depends if we're talking about the Skybreakers of old, or the thing that Nale is trying to put together now. 

Spoiler

But we saw that he actually had Skybreakers (those bonded to skybrealer spren) in his entourage at least by Edgedancer.

1 hour ago, Blightsong said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But we saw that he actually had Skybreakers (those bonded to skybrealer spren) in his entourage at least by Edgedancer.

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted it. It could be possible the spren are corrupted as well. Because so far the bonds we've seen are directly correlated with type of person that the bonded individual is.  

10 minutes ago, KereDerek said:

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted it. It could be possible the spren are corrupted as well. Because so far the bonds we've seen are directly correlated with type of person that the bonded individual is.  

I dont know, the Skybreakers dont seem corrupted. Nalan is crazy and is murdering people, but hes following the law. Radiants dont necessarily have to be good people.