Why Reounox was be jail

TheKiller123BR

Hello everyone, I have a simple question that bothers me after reading the first book of Mistborn. When kelsier returns after having destroyed the Mines, they are faced with the news that some people would be executed. When they arrive, they see that Reounox had been arrested. But, I wonder what the reason for Reounox's arrest (I do not know if the name is correct) because he was running away from Luthandel through the canals, and supposed to have been imprisoned. The character theory of the book was that Marsh had been caught by the Inquisitors and tortured, talking about the whole plan. But it turns out that Marsh had become an inquisitor then, what was the real reason for Reounox's arrest?

• 4 months later...

Like Kingsdaughter said, the Inquisitors probably connected the dots between Vin's alias (Valette) and Renoux. Vin and the rest of the crew were wanted as criminals, and with Renoux posing as Valette's uncle, it's pretty safe to assume that they arrested Renoux because they knew he had to be playing some part in the crew's scheme. 

Sorry if this thread was dead, or if the question was already answered, but I wanted to share my thoughts. 

The both of you are correct. From the Mistborn Annotations:

By the way, the reason the Lord Ruler’s army attacked Renoux was not because they broke Marsh. It’s because the Inquisitors–still tracking Vin–finally managed to trail her to House Renoux, and therefore to Valette Renoux. They hit the convoy, fully expecting her to be on it. When she wasn’t, they devised their trap, knowing that Kelsier would come for his friends. They never even suspected that the team had managed to get a mole into the Ministry ranks.

• Chaos locked this topic