Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flynn

Snapshot movie deal already??

8 posts in this topic

Well, sounds like they must like his books...
But that's only the rights, though, that doesn't mean they'll ever make it into a movie. Besides, it also depends on how the book goes when it's published, so if it's not very popular it'll be even more unlikely to be made into a movie.

30 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Well, sounds like they must like his books...
But that's only the rights, though, that doesn't mean they'll ever make it into a movie. Besides, it also depends on how the book goes when it's published, so if it's not very popular it'll be even more unlikely to be made into a movie.

True. I hope it happens though

17 hours ago, Flynn said:

The book isn't even out yet. Branderson's getting popular with these movie people... 

This actually isn't the first time this has happened. Steelheart was optioned over a year before it was released.

1 hour ago, WeiryWriter said:

This actually isn't the first time this has happened. Steelheart was optioned over a year before it was released.

Wow. That's super early. I feel like eventually, we'll get to the point where his books get optioned and get made. I really hope a Steelheart movie gets made one day, it would be so awesome. 

On 1/18/2017 at 3:28 PM, Flynn said:

Wow. That's super early. I feel like eventually, we'll get to the point where his books get optioned and get made. I really hope a Steelheart movie gets made one day, it would be so awesome. 

Agreed.  I've felt that way from the opening chapters.

On 21/01/2017 at 1:13 AM, Fedcomic said:

Agreed.  I've felt that way from the opening chapters.

It's probably one of the best books to adapt, in terms of ease etc. Most of the others have long plots with lots of twists, as well as multiple viewpoint characters as well as complex magic systems that can be hard to put full understanding of in a 2 hour movie.
But Steelheart doesn't have these things as much. It's shorter than even Elantris, I would think, so they won't have to cut as much out. There's only one viewpoint character, and what would be called the 'magic system' doesn't require much explaining, but is different enough to stand out.
Only problem is, it might face a certain amount of competition from other producers of 'superhero' movies i.e. Marvel and D.C. 

6 hours ago, A Budgie said:

It's probably one of the best books to adapt, in terms of ease etc. Most of the others have long plots with lots of twists, as well as multiple viewpoint characters as well as complex magic systems that can be hard to put full understanding of in a 2 hour movie.
But Steelheart doesn't have these things as much. It's shorter than even Elantris, I would think, so they won't have to cut as much out. There's only one viewpoint character, and what would be called the 'magic system' doesn't require much explaining, but is different enough to stand out.
Only problem is, it might face a certain amount of competition from other producers of 'superhero' movies i.e. Marvel and D.C. 

Yesagreeagreeagree!!!

i worry about it having to compete with Marvel etc. too. Hopefully the popularity of the superhero movies would boost its popularity instead

Edited by Flynn
Less shouty