police sketch artist game !!

dead-moth

On 4/25/2017 at 0:54 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

Hm. If @dead-moth Don't mind. I might give drawing you guys in charcoal a shot. I've been meaning to practise lately...

I wish I had such talent. An artist took me under her wing and was my mentor several years back, but since then I haven't practiced much and it definitely shows. I doubt I could get back to the level I was at before. I envy you

7 hours ago, Tristan said:

I wish I had such talent. An artist took me under her wing and was my mentor several years back, but since then I haven't practiced much and it definitely shows. I doubt I could get back to the level I was at before. I envy you

ha you think I'm good at art? trust me, I'm crap.

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

Besides, most arty people I know are like 'oh I'm awful at drawing' as they draw amazing pieces of work.

I used to take pride in my work. Then I just grew to hate everything, still do. Like, the quality of my work from a few years ago is so much better than anything I've produced now *sigh

7 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Tristan *jaw drops in amazement* You did that in half an hour?? It's beautiful!

:wub: thank you! I get self conscious so that means a lot... I forgot how relaxing that was--quickest half hour ever! Perhaps I'll dig out my old sketchbooks and practice regularly again.

51 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

@Tristan that was figgin amazing.

Figs are pretty tasty, yes.

@Tristan I can't draw that well given 3 hours, so kudos. Easily the best piece in the thread. The others were good, but this included more detail, which is nice and harder to do.

@Darkness Ascendant, I feel like you would be really good at drawing comics/caricatures. Your stuff was good, but tended to exaggerate certain aspects a bit. I liked it in the end, which is all that actually matters. Well, that and you enjoying creating it.

I'm gonna get in on this action myself.

Spoiler

I am a 6' male. I have a fairly long, narrow face. I have a long, but slightly small chin that point out slightly. I currently have a fairly long goatee (~3 inches, but it looks a lot shorter because it curls back against my neck and then back forward). The goatee is at the bottom of my chin, right at the edge of going up towards my lip. It is slightly wider than the point of my chin and rounds out as it approaches my neck. I have a moderately narrow nose that looks like a hook nose, minus the actual hook. The bridge sticks out slightly. It widens at the nostrils to about 2/3 again as wide. My mouth and lips are average sized. I'm really skinny, at 6 foot, I am still only 110 lbs. Because of this, I have pretty prominent cheekbones. They aren't particularly high, but they kinda look like it because of how much they stick out. My cheeks themselves are slightly concave. My eyes are slightly sunken. I usually have a fairly serious look on my face, though many photos of me make me look stoned for some random reason... I have long eyelashes. And excellent nails, incidentally. Women keep asking me if they can have them <.< I have pretty long hair at the moment. It comes to a bit above the bottom of my chin if I comb it down that way. It is gently but persistently curly, so it doesn't look as long. It looks like I put the ends in really large curlers. It is a bit more than wavy, but less than standard curly. I part my hair to the right so that my left ear is covered and the right has all the hair at the side tucked behind it so that I have about half of my forehead visible. I have fairly long sideburns down to a bit below my earlobes. The hair in the back is curlier. When it is a bit shorter, it frankly looks like Dilbert's tie. Since it's so long, it curls less than that, but it is still all over the place.

1 minute ago, Djarskublar said:

@Darkness Ascendant, I feel like you would be really good at drawing comics/caricatures. Your stuff was good, but tended to exaggerate certain aspects a bit. I liked it in the end, which is all that actually matters. Well, that and you enjoying creating it.

Lol. I hate myself and everything I do. I can't spend time working on one thing, I get dissatisfied with what I do, then I hate myself because the only reason I can't do them well is because I don't put the effort in which then makes me depressed because I can't find the motivation to work, and then when I do I don't enjoy myself because I drown in all the mistakes and things that I notice myself doing and then I get pissed because the only way to get better is because practise will help and then the cycle starts again. 

13 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Lol. I hate myself and everything I do. I can't spend time working on one thing, I get dissatisfied with what I do, then I hate myself because the only reason I can't do them well is because I don't put the effort in which then makes me depressed because I can't find the motivation to work, and then when I do I don't enjoy myself because I drown in all the mistakes and things that I notice myself doing and then I get pissed because the only way to get better is because practise will help and then the cycle starts again. 

Two things - one, you're really good and have great style. Keep it up - you do fantastic comic/caricature portraits and you should keep doing it. 

The second thing is this - that is seriously unhealthy. I strongly, strongly suggest seeing a mental health professional. How old are you? And you live in Australia? 

• Chaos locked this topic