Adaptability?

"Kale"adin

As someone who isn't experienced with comic books, I was wondering if character development is less detailed in comics ( paragraphs of conversation between characters and their inner thoughts for example). One of my favorite things about Brandon's books are his characters,so I'm just hoping that the comic can build strong characters to the standard of his other works. Although, this fear might stem from menot knowing anything about comic books.

As someone who hasn't yet read White Sand (apart from the excerpt in AU), I can't say anything about how the graphic novel compares. However, I have read a few other graphic novels before (and had to do some stuff about them at school), and really stuff like character development all depends on the creator. Some artists can create characters using combinations of pictures and a few words or even just pictures just as well as others can with words alone.

Sorry to be a downer, but I actually felt like this was a weakness of the graphic novel. There were a number of occasions where I felt that characters were doing or saying things that didn't make sense based on what I knew about them.

Though I will say that it definitely gets better with every read. I'm not used to graphic novels, so it could be due to my inexperience with the media. No knowing how to "read" it well. Looking back, it felt like I had to read once or twice to understand the story and characters before I felt really comfortable with it.