11 hours ago, Arraenae said:

In the early cycles, the people who contribute a lot tend to be offed most often. Active villagers are more useful than inactive villagers, so you probably shouldn't bother protecting them. Later on, protect the people you trust.

I'm going to have to heartily disagree with this one.  Active players tend to be killed off rather quickly, in my experience, so I'd say that Lurchers should be protecting actives.  Elims like killing active people, to inhibit discussion, and allow themselves to control the vote.  There are other things I'll mention as I go on, but this in particular makes me want to vote on you.  Rae.

11 hours ago, Arraenae said:

If we have a tineye in here, please send a message to the GM so we know how many of you there are. Try to include something that you can later use to identify yourself with later. One thing you can use is a vignere cipher. You would put in something like "IAMRAE" repeated over and over again, cutting off at a random letter. You'd use a key to change it to ciphertext.  Then, if you ever need to confirm your role to someone, you can just PM them the ciphertext.

Erm.  Why is this a good idea, exactly?  I'm somewhat confused.  Yeah, codes are cool, and I like vigenere cyphers as much as the next person, but I'm not sure that this is necessary.  

Mostly, I'm concerned by some of your suggestions, and the ones I'm not concerned about are not especially helpful.  Knowing the number of roles does nothing particularly good for the village, and can help the Elims.  The Lurcher suggestion is suspicious, and having Tin-eyes and Soothers out themselves like you've suggested just doesn't seem smart.

Also, I'm not sure about the idea that an older player would target Wilson.  When I started, all I knew about the players was what had been said about them, and what was in signatures.  I didn't do a lot of in-depth research, so when I was an Elim for the first few times, I thought it was a good idea to kill players who were known for being good.  Which, from an Elim perspective, it kind of is.  Being good at the game comes with disadvantages.  :P

In actuality, I'm actually seeing some kind of gambit as the most likely explanation for what happened to Wilson.  I think that there would have to be a very specific Elim team to just attack Wilson off the bat.  Now, being Ninja'd by Kipper, I'd mostly agree with him, and I'd like to apologize for apparently theorizing about what happened to Wilson after you just said not to. :P  I said this first.   Also, being Ninja'd by Wilson, I'm not super suspicious of you.  I hadn't really considered the possibility that you were an Elim, for whatever reason.  

Also, Ninja'd by Joe.  THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I TRY TO MAKE LONG POSTS.  Joe, I'm offended that I'm on the list of people who might be pressured into killing Wilson.  And you spelled my name wrong.  I am not a horse.  <_<

I'm also not sure about Doc, Rae, and possibly Wonko being on the list of people who would kill her.  Also possibly Araris and Sart, but I don't think I know them well enough.

11 hours ago, little wilson said:

Well then. That was enlightening for me. I didn't post at all, only had a single PM, and yet I still got attacked. Thanks for that. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know people so desperately want to kill me.

Well, look on the bright side.  You didn't post at all, only had a single PM, and someone thought it was a good idea to protect you. :P  Or, you know, pull a gambit on you.

I personally think that Seekers should try to find Lurchers and Smokers first.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Elims had a Seeker of their own, and it's very important for a Seeker to be protected.  Finding a Coinshot is not quite as important, but if you don't want to reveal to the thread or have a person speak for you, then it's probably a good idea to contact a Coinshot.

And, Ninja'd by Lopen.  -sigh-  No more long posts.  Ninja'd by like four people.  Yech.  Ope, and Arinian.  You know, I'm just going to post this.

Carmichael woke up to the sudden sound of a slamming door, and the smell of bread.  And onions.  He tried to stand up, and banged his head into the ceiling.  Where was he?  As Carmichael's senses returned to him, he remembered what had happened last night.  He had tried to start up some betting, but for whatever reason, people thought it was in poor taste to bet on whether or not they would survive.  Carmichael frowned.  He couldn't fathom why.  Needless to say, he had quickly found it necessary to find a place to hide, and apparently he was...  Carmichael crawled about until he found his way into the open air.  Ah.  He had been hiding in the pantry, under a shelf.  That explained the vague smell of bread and onions.  Carmichael fumbled with the door for a moment, and realized it was locked.  He sat back down, and landed on a bag of flour.  Flour billowed into the air, and Carmichael sighed.  Then he started sneezing.

35 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Honestly, I'm now suspicious of Stick for being so convinced I'm an eliminator. Paranoia I can understand. But it's like Kipper just said. The attack isn't particularly alignment indicative either way, unless you're willing to trust what I say about disliking myself being the target of WGG's, which I'm betting most of you aren't. I know my alignment and I find it interesting that someone is pushing so hard for the idea of the attack being a WGG at the cost of any other possibility. I rather think it's because Stick is Spiked and is hoping to either get me lynched or vig-killed since they failed to kill me. What better way than to get the village to complete the job for them?

Got a mini heart attack seeing my name in red ^

Well, I'm not an old player, so I don't really have any reason to be paranoid of you :-P I merely stated a possibility, along with my opinion. If I wanted you dead, I would've voted on you

52 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

So, I'm looking for Eliminators in these people:

Assassin In Burgundy, Elenion, Jondesu Manukos, I_Am_Stick, Arinian, Conquestor, Silverblade5, Arraenae, Straw, Doc12, Hemalurgic_Headshot, Araris Valerian, Droughtbringer, Ecthelion III, Kipper, Madagascar, Dalinar Kholin, Sart, Wonko the Sane

You can delete me from list of elims. If I was elim first to kill was you then Wyrm, then Stink(oh he is here) :D

Also I don't think that elims have one hivemind for them all, so honestly you can't delete peoples from elim list just for that.

Edited by Arinian

17 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I'm going to have to heartily disagree with this one.  Active players tend to be killed off rather quickly, in my experience, so I'd say that Lurchers should be protecting actives.  Elims like killing active people, to inhibit discussion, and allow themselves to control the vote.  There are other things I'll mention as I go on, but this in particular makes me want to vote on you.  Rae.

Am I the only one reading what Rae said as 'A is more useful than B, so don't protect B.'? It makes the most logical sense after all, and we can't all be looking for reasons to kill someone on D1. Don't know about you guys, but George prefers having friends over enemies. 

Also, why hath George been getting no PMs from all you lovely people? I'm only a Seeker, can't open any PMs like one of those Tineye's. 

5 minutes ago, STINK said:

Also, why hath George been getting no PMs from all you lovely people? I'm only a Seeker, can't open any PMs like one of those Tineye's. 

I thought anyone could open PMs with anyone else as long as a Tineye was alive?

Aralis shuffed into the town square, leaning heavily on his staff. The night air had been particularly cool last evening, and that was never good for old joints. There he saw the wreckage of Whistler's shop. Whistler himself was a very likeable fellow, but he had an annoying habit of, well, whistling. So Aralis could easily see both shy someone would want to do him harm, and why fellows would go to the effort to save his life. Maybe now the man would realize how annoying his habit was, and put a stop to it. As Aralis pondered the night's events, he overheard Nyah and Nicki having a bit of an argument, and walked up to them.

"These Spiked are going to focus on killing all the talkative townsfolk. The talkative ones are much more useful than the quiet folks that stay in their homes, so why bother protecting them?" said Nicki.

"Why bother protecting them? Do you want us all to die? I bet you are spiked and don't want us to be able to put up a resistance when the Koloss come."

Okay, this is going nowhere fast right now. Aralis stepped in between the two, found his balance, and then swept Nicki's legs from under her with his staff, and thumped her on the head. "Stop talking nonsense! We need everyone to be making sense so that I can get back to sitting on my porch."

Nyah looked a bit surprised at how quickly Aralis had moved, and at his violence, but she was more relieved that Nicki was no longer being unhelpful. "Thank you Ara..."

Thwack!

As Nyah toppled over, Aralis took advantage of the Stunned Silence. Gesturing with his staff towards Nyah, he said, "Okay, Nicki might be talking silly, but you are worse. All this nonsense about Spiked and Koloss is getting us nowhere. And you turning peoples words around isn't helping either." He pointed at Nicki, who was sitting up and rubbing her head. He hadn't been too hard on her. "The same goes for you. Stop trying to confuse people that clearly know what they are doing, considering that Whistler is still alive."

With that, Aralis hobbled off to the nearest bench to rest his legs.

Okay, so I've expressed most of my thoughts above, but there are some OOC things that are worth mentioning as well. One iteration of this game I was a seeker, and I had a good trust group going. Then I got eliminator killed, not because they knew my role, but because none of them had PMs with me. So the lesson learned is, having a lot of PMs can keep you alive, since the eliminators might feel like they can manipulate you. Also, practice PM safety guys!

Lopen. You have posted twice, both simple agreements with other players, and didn't mention any of the issues with Rae's suggestions that have been brought up by other players.

7 minutes ago, STINK said:

Am I the only one reading what Rae said as 'A is more useful than B, so don't protect B.'? It makes the most logical sense after all, and we can't all be looking for reasons to kill someone on D1. Don't know about you guys, but George prefers having friends over enemies. 

1 minute ago, Nyali said:

Nyali right(if I'm not wrong :D) everyone can open PMs till tineye alive.

I looksh at all the youngsters talking, occasionally blinking and nodding me head, possibly in undershtanding, possibly because I'm busy talking to my invisible catsh. Not even halfway an' already everybody'sh tryin' to kill each other, kittiesh! Won't this be fun... I have shum *hiccup* thoughtsh.

First, I advishe the Coinshot, Sheeker, Lurtscher and et shetra to do whatever they darn well pleash. Except the Shmoker, who should really know that science has proven his habit kills.

Necksht, I won't be half *hiccup* shurprished if the very Shpiked what killed Wilshin endsh up bein' one o' the ones shpeculatin' on the whole meanin' behind it all. I thinksh if we could figure them shpiked all out jusht by looking at who they attacked they'd be shmart enough not to attack that pershon.  But hey, who knowsh.

19 hours ago, Arraenae said:

In the early cycles, the people who contribute a lot tend to be offed most often. Active villagers are more useful than inactive villagers, so you probably shouldn't bother protecting them. Later on, protect the people you trust.

Sho I ish jusht some old woman but immediately could tell Rae either dun misshpoke or actually meant "don't bother protecting them inactivesh what'sh usheless". Itsh the short of thing what either shide could shay, sho I ain't sayin' she'sh innocent, but it doesh make thoshe ushing thish ash evidensh againsht her mildly intereshtin' ter me though.

Lashtly, and mosht importantly, forgive me if me old drunk woman'sh mind failsh me but it sheems theesh are the few shushpects who have not joined ush yet.

QGjsJkQ.png

I have done you all the favor of conshtructing pilloriesh to reshtrain them until they appear. I apologishe if I misshed anyone or dun put shumeone on what don't belong. But as they show up I shall releash them X them out of the picture. Until then I shall keep throwing catsh and empty whishkey bottlesh at their shameful, shameful fashes. Conqueshtor ish shmall because I forget he exishted even though I'm voting for him. Also otherwise I'm gonna forget who'sh playin'.. Alsho, praishe the Shurvivor.

Edited by Madagascar
Crosshed out Shtink due to'em poshting right ash I wash typin'. Updated to remove othersh from pillory.

9 minutes ago, Nyali said:

This is what I thought.  I'd bet on it, actually.

15 minutes ago, STINK said:

Yes.  Look at what she said;

12 hours ago, Arraenae said:

She said, 'Active villagers are more useful (Supposedly to the Elims) than inactive villagers, so don't protect them.'  Basically, saying 'Guys, Elims don't kill Actives!  Actives are good for the Elims'.  Which has never been the case.  Ever.

5 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

jgPCIWV.png

I think this is my favorite thing this whole cycle. :P

Carmichael had begun to bang against the door now.  Where were the cooks?  Why couldn't they hear him?  He slumped to the floor, dejected.  Surely someone would miss his presence soon enough.  Carmichael was, in fact, bewildered as to the fact that no one had come looking for him yet.  Perhaps they had, but he was just too good at hiding.  That cheered him up a bit.

Edited by Magestar

6 minutes ago, Nyali said:

4 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Nyali right(if I'm not wrong :D) everyone can open PMs till tineye alive.

Oh, thank you for the clarification then! Maybe everyone's forgot about me then? Which is completely fine, cause there must be an even more important thing to focus on! 

And now that I've said that, does anyone know if you can Sooth distractions? I'd like to be able to focus on writing my RP as Noah, but some people just keep thinking that saying stuff that my character shouldn't know is bad or something! I'm sure that it won't happen again though, and everyone can have fun again! 

Speaking of, can I get out of these shackles please? While I do appreciate the drawing of me, and the effort you put in, I just have to give people hugs and can't in this thing.

17 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

I looksh at all the youngsters talking, occasionally blinking and nodding me head, possibly in undershtanding, possibly because I'm busy talking to my invisible catsh. Not even halfway an' already everybody'sh tryin' to kill each other, kittiesh! Won't this be fun... I have shum *hiccup* thoughtsh.

First, I advishe the Coinshot, Sheeker, Lurtscher and et shetra to do whatever they darn well pleash. Except the Shmoker, who should really know that science has proven his habit kills.

Necksht, I won't be half *hiccup* shurprished if the very Shpiked what killed Wilshin endsh up bein' one o' the ones shpeculatin' on the whole meanin' behind it all. I thinksh if we could figure them shpiked all out jusht by looking at who they attacked they'd be shmart enough not to attack that pershon.  But hey, who knowsh.

Sho I ish jusht some old woman but immediately could tell Rae either dun misshpoke or actually meant "don't bother protecting them inactivesh what'sh usheless". Itsh the short of thing what either shide could shay, sho I ain't sayin' she'sh innocent, but it doesh make thoshe ushing thish ash evidensh againsht her mildly intereshtin' ter me though.

Lashtly, and mosht importantly, forgive me if me old drunk woman'sh mind failsh me but it sheems theesh are the few shushpects who have not joined ush yet.

3kxQfyf.png

I have done you all the favor of conshtructing pilloriesh to reshtrain them until they appear. I apologishe if I misshed anyone or dun put shumeone on what don't belong. But as they show up I shall releash them X them out of the picture. Until then I shall keep throwing catsh and empty whishkey bottlesh at their shameful, shameful fashes. Conqueshtor ish shmall because I forget he exishted even though I'm voting for him. Also otherwise I'm gonna forget who'sh playin'.. Alsho, praishe the Shurvivor.

Sorry but I'm posted... on this turn and on previous. And yes, Praise the Survivor!

She said, 'Active villagers are more useful (Supposedly to the Elims) than inactive villagers, so don't protect them.'  Basically, saying 'Guys, Elims don't kill Actives!  Actives are good for the Elims'.  Which has never been the case.  Ever.

I think Mage that you absolutely wrong. That not what she said and you just playing with words(and I don't like when someone plays with words trying to put in them not what was meant).

Edited by Arinian

2 minutes ago, Arinian said:

I think Mage that you absolutely wrong. That not what she said and you just playing with words(and I don't like when someone plays with words trying to put in them not what was meant).

Technically, it is what she said, but I don't think it's what she meant. The way it's worded, with the punctuation and everything, the sentence is saying to protect inactives because they're more useful than actives. But that's not what she meant, obviously.

15 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I read it as 'Actives are more important than inactives, so don't protect inactives'. 

It's probably what she meant. And I also think that she meant that 'actives are more important to the villagers, not elims 

ninja'd by Arinian's edit 

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Aralis shuffed into the town square, leaning heavily on his staff. The night air had been particularly cool last evening, and that was never good for old joints. There he saw the wreckage of Whistler's shop. Whistler himself was a very likeable fellow, but he had an annoying habit of, well, whistling. So Aralis could easily see both shy someone would want to do him harm, and why fellows would go to the effort to save his life. Maybe now the man would realize how annoying his habit was, and put a stop to it. As Aralis pondered the night's events, he overheard Nyah and Nicki having a bit of an argument, and walked up to them.

"These Spiked are going to focus on killing all the talkative townsfolk. The talkative ones are much more useful than the quiet folks that stay in their homes, so why bother protecting them?" said Nicki.

"Why bother protecting them? Do you want us all to die? I bet you are spiked and don't want us to be able to put up a resistance when the Koloss come."

Okay, this is going nowhere fast right now. Aralis stepped in between the two, found his balance, and then swept Nicki's legs from under her with his staff, and thumped her on the head. "Stop talking nonsense! We need everyone to be making sense so that I can get back to sitting on my porch."

Nyah looked a bit surprised at how quickly Aralis had moved, and at his violence, but she was more relieved that Nicki was no longer being unhelpful. "Thank you Ara..."

Thwack!

As Nyah toppled over, Aralis took advantage of the Stunned Silence. Gesturing with his staff towards Nyah, he said, "Okay, Nicki might be talking silly, but you are worse. All this nonsense about Spiked and Koloss is getting us nowhere. And you turning peoples words around isn't helping either." He pointed at Nicki, who was sitting up and rubbing her head. He hadn't been too hard on her. "The same goes for you. Stop trying to confuse people that clearly know what they are doing, considering that Whistler is still alive."

With that, Aralis hobbled off to the nearest bench to rest his legs.

Okay, so I've expressed most of my thoughts above, but there are some OOC things that are worth mentioning as well. One iteration of this game I was a seeker, and I had a good trust group going. Then I got eliminator killed, not because they knew my role, but because none of them had PMs with me. So the lesson learned is, having a lot of PMs can keep you alive, since the eliminators might feel like they can manipulate you. Also, practice PM safety guys!

Lopen. You have posted twice, both simple agreements with other players, and didn't mention any of the issues with Rae's suggestions that have been brought up by other players.

Nooooo! I don't like votes on me. Admittedly, I could have gone more in depth about Rae's advice. I guess I just didn't feel the need. I gave my opinion and I think that's enough in this case.

Also, I've posted more than just agreeing with other poeple(I agreed with Elbereth slightly but I'm not sure what else you're talking about). I'm considering voting on Nyali because I agree with Arinian that it seemed like she made Rae's advice more evil than it actually was. I guess I will. There we go.

Mage, I really don't think that's what she meant. That whole paragraph would be a contradiction. "Active players get offed really early. Elims never kill actives."  It doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, Arinian said:

2 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Technically, it is what she said, but I don't think it's what she meant. The way it's worded, with the punctuation and everything, the sentence is saying to protect inactives because they're more useful than actives. But that's not what she meant, obviously.

2 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

I read it as 'Actives are more important than inactives, so don't protect inactives'. 

It's probably what she meant. And I also think that she meant that 'actives are more important to the villagers, not elims 

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Mage, I really don't think that's what she meant. That whole paragraph would be a contradiction. "Active players get offed really early. Elims never kill actives."  It doesn't make sense.

Alright.  Ok.  Yep.  I see that now.  Yes.  Ok. :P I misread a poorly phrased sentence.  Sorry.  I was ninja'd like five times while trying to retract my vote.  Lovely.

I can see that she might have just phrased what she was trying to say oddly, and the first half of her sentence doesn't make sense in context, so I'll let go on that one for now.  Rae.  I don't think Nyali is suspicious, however, because I think she probably just made the same mistake I did.  I still think that some of Rae's advice is odd, but I'll let it go for now.

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

Joe, I'm offended that I'm on the list of people who might be pressured into killing Wilson.  

Interesting, I was the opposite way. I was happy I had made the list of people who wouldn't want to fear kill :P 

There are lots of votes going around. I'm going to wait until later to vote, and see if any more solid suspicions present themselves, but as it stands Rae is the most suspicious to me. I agree that she might have intended to say the other thing, but I'm also somewhat suspicious that she just copy/pasted advice from the Elim doc. I mean, it seems like she was giving advice on misdirecting village efforts by protecting from Vig kills on inactives. I guess it's probably confirmation bias on my part, but it seems like more than we get on usual D1 lynches. The only reason I'm not voting on her yet is because I don't want to lynch someone that active on such little evidence 

Edit: Yep, reread the post. Definitely confirmation bias. Ignore me :P 

Edited by Bugsy6912

7 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Interesting, I was the opposite way. I was happy I had made the list of people who wouldn't want to fear kill :P 

There are lots of votes going around. I'm going to wait until later to vote, and see if any more solid suspicions present themselves, but as it stands Rae is the most suspicious to me. I agree that she might have intended to say the other thing, but I'm also somewhat suspicious that she just copy/pasted advice from the Elim doc. I mean, it seems like she was giving advice on misdirecting village efforts by protecting from Vig kills on inactives. I guess it's probably confirmation bias on my part, but it seems like more than we get on usual D1 lynches. The only reason I'm not voting on her yet is because I don't want to lynch someone that active on such little evidence 

^

We should just proabably lynch someone who hasn't posted yet, seeing as it's D1. As I understand it, upon a players death, their alignment isn't revealed, right? Or is it? I forget :] (no, I really have forgotten. Are their alignments revealed?)

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

To be clear, I just want Rae to answer my question. I didn't vote for her because I disagree with her tactical suggestions, I voted on her because I want to know why she thinks learning the number of villagers in each role is helpful to the village rather than the eliminators. That's the part I found suspicious.

Sorry if I contradicted myself in my post, but I don't see it that way, Ari. I said I didn't think we should be trying to determine exactly how many of each role there are, not that we should all hide our roles completely. I wasn't recommending vote manipulation, I was saying that vote manipulators should feel free to manipulate the vote if they think the lynch target is innocent (and there's someone close enough in votes for it to matter). I don't see how those are contradictory. I said that I think it's silly to say that vote manipulators shouldn't use their powers because it takes away information. Instead, it gives more information, in my view.

7 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Interesting, I was the opposite way. I was happy I had made the list of people who wouldn't want to fear kill. :P 

You're obviously a glass half full person. :P  To borrow a turn of phrase from Sir Terry, I'm the type of person who not only claims that the glass is half empty, but that I had a bigger glass to start out with, and someone had better refill this glass quick. :P 

I suppose that if I was an Elim, and all of my teammates wanted to kill Wilson, then my chances of being able to stop them would be low enough that even I wouldn't bet on them.  Of course, my powers of persuasion are legendary, but still.  Some people are so stubborn.  

Although I'm assuming that an RNG decides who sends in the kill if multiple people send in orders.  Huh.

@Metacognition, what happens if multiple Elims send in different kill orders?

13 minutes ago, Magestar said:

You're obviously a glass half full person. :P  To borrow a turn of phrase from Sir Terry, I'm the type of person who not only claims that the glass is half empty, but that I had a bigger glass to start out with, and someone had better refill this glass quick. :P 

I suppose that if I was an Elim, and all of my teammates wanted to kill Wilson, then my chances of being able to stop them would be low enough that even I wouldn't bet on them.  Of course, my powers of persuasion are legendary, but still.  Some people are so stubborn.  

Although I'm assuming that an RNG decides who sends in the kill if multiple people send in orders.  Huh.

@Metacognition, what happens if multiple Elims send in different kill orders?

I'm not Meta, but as a member of the Spiked team in the first anniversary game (the one where we killed Araris for not having PMs with us) that faced this exact issue, I can tell you that in that case, Meta accepted the most recently put in kill order.

This isn't even RP, and I'm referencing my past lives!

I finally read up on all these posts! Hooray!

Felix walked through the morning mists towards the village square. It was a good day... Nobody was dead.

He heard the shouts before he saw them. Argument and chaos in the square. Two villagers denouncing each other in the center. Suddenly a third man approached and lay into the pair with his staff, then, standing over their collapsed forms, made a speech of his own. Chaos.

Felix sighed. Then he remembered that nobody was killed. He approached the center of Tyrian Falls, trying to steer clear of the man brandishing that heavy looking staff.

This is probably a bad idea... But it looks like I need to join this chaos and speak over them to make headway. Survivor protect me.

Hm... A good opening statement would be nice. Again, Felix found it necessary to draw on his literary knowledge... Oh, I know.

"Friends, Scadrians, and townsmen! Lend me your ears!"

It'll do.

"You are in chaos, accusing each other of great crimes. This is understandable... We know for certain that there are traitors in our midst.

But this is not a time for killing! It is a time for rejoicing! Our defenses have kicked off to an auspicious start indeed! The Lord Survivor has granted us safety for yet another day!

I encourage you to use this gift. Discuss, perhaps even accuse... but do not aim to take a life this soon. Try to learn from each other. And above all, trust in the salvation offered by the Survivor. Tyrian Falls will not fall!"

My impressions right now is that nobody is too clearly suspect. Yeah, people are accusing each other, but the ones who are willing to put themselves out on a limb making unfounded accusations probably aren't spiked. I do believe we should vote for a lynch, just to learn from how people vote this early on... Right now, however, the name of the game should be getting information.

It might be worthwhile to try and keep our votes balanced however. That would mean that possibly nobody gets lynched but we still learn who wanted to lynch who. It would also mean that we could tell if a soother or rioter was trying to kill someone very easily. Just an idea.

And on the seeker topic... I could of coarse be wrong about this, but I would bet that both the spiked and the townies receive a seeker. This is pretty much just because balance.

6 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

It might be worthwhile to try and keep our votes balanced however. That would mean that possibly nobody gets lynched but we still learn who wanted to lynch who. It would also mean that we could tell if a soother or rioter was trying to kill someone very easily. Just an idea.

Well, I can't get out of this quote box, so I'm writing my response here. We need a lynch, and lynches are pointless without intent to kill. Otherwise, eliminators could vote on each other and feign suspicion to create distance, without even risking an accidental lynch of one of their own. Beyond that, they'd be able to manipulate the lynch however they like. This wouldn't even give us reliable information; they might 'save' one villager to lynch another, and we'd have no way of knowing unless we killed the second one too. A decisive lynch is important to prevent eliminator interference on day 1, especially in a game with 2 types of vote manipulation