Aralis smiled. It seemed this whole nonsense about Spiked was finally dying down. What other reason could there be for the lack of accusations this day? But there were still a few people left that wanted blood, and Aralis wasn't going to let them get the jump on him. If he waited too much longer for anything to happen, he might die of old age. So he leveled his staff at the crazy guy. It was time for the rest of the insanity to leave Tyrian Falls.

So nobody is voting. I guess the village doesn't want to mess up, and the elims are probably feeling pretty comfortable. Well, waiting to vote means that we just have less time to talk about things, and less time to see if there is a suspicious majority of votes for the person we are trying to lynch. So I say, lets get on with it and kill some people! (I'm voting for STINK, by the way)

Edited by Araris Valerian

44 minutes ago, STINK said:

Aye, I was on mobile :P

Araris.

I mean, clearly no-one else wants to suggest anything.

Good enough explanation.  I set up a text shortcut on my phone to do the code, btw, which makes it pretty easy.

I'll follow up and go ahead and vote for Araris like I said, based mostly on the reasoning in my earlier post.

Well, I've been holding off on voting (like everyone else has been, apparently) because I wanted to see how other people would vote first and try to draw some conclusions from that. I mostly don't suspect STINK, but I do suspect Araris as one who has been hovering around on the borders of activity all game. So that decides it Araris

Edited by Herowannabe
Typo

I think that once Joe revealed everything the Spiked didn't target me because 1) they didn't want to confirm my scans and 2) at that point I became a prime target for lurching and 3) Joe said in the thread he wanted me dead to confirm my scans. It's better for the eliminators to kill a villager that everyone trusts than to kill one they all suspect. 

I think they targeted Seonid because he had been scanned and (more or less) confirmed, and he was posting a lot of sound advice, but it was unlikely that he would be protected. At this point in the game they probably don't care who they kill, just so long as the kill goes through and cuts our numbers down. 

"I'm thinking that the so-called prophet is someone we should be looking at more closely," I said. Prophets. Anyone who claimed to see the future like that was a heretic. I'd seen enough charlatans trying to con decent people out of their money, but at least they never believed it themselves. People who said they could foretell the future and believed it of themselves were worse though. Honest criminality was understandable. But claiming to see The Lord Ruler's plans like that? Maybe even subvert them? That was a sin on a much greater spiritual level. But that's not a reason to suspect someone. I wouldn't let my dislike of his so-called visions colour the investigation.

No, it was something else that caught my eye. A few days ago, we strung Carmichael up, Hoid was the one who started the dog-pile, commenting that it sounded like Carmichael was being all 'look at me, I'm still alive and it surprises me, I can't possibly be evil guys', with his commentary. Thing is, while I can understand why you might find it odd, he did exactly the same thing a few days ago with his comments on El's death. 'I have no idea why she was killed, when will they come for me, I can't possibly be evil'. Seems like he might've been fishing for a reason when it came to Carmichael. Plus he did the same when it came to our courier coming back into action. 'Poor evil guys, getting Tin like that, it can't possibly be me inconvenienced by this'. Not sure if he was a Mistborn or if he was just lamenting that his team was affected by this, but he certainly seemed to me to be acting odd. 

Edited by Wyrmhero

Sorry. My move date got delayed a week, and since it's President's Day and I had work off, I spent it packing and talking to family. Well, and talking to friends, but, yeah. Anyway. I haven't spent like any time thinking about the game or the events of the night, so I'm going to vote for my second highest suspect from the last day cycle, which was Conquestor.

That awkward moment when everybody you know you can trust doesn't trust you in return. :wacko:

Anyway, I'm going to retract my vote for Araris, and put it on Conquestor. The truth is that I do suspect Araris, but I think lynching him right now is a terrible idea. He claimed Thug to Joe, and if he is spiked but is telling the truth about his role, then lynching him now only serves to give the eliminators another round to kill one of us off. Araris needs to be killed last. 

Right now I think the remaining spiked are:

Thug - Araris.

Smoker - Conquestor - Smoker

Mistborn - Jondesu. Possibly STINK or Wyrm, but Jondesu seems more likely to me. 

Night 15: Omens

The others couldn’t see it, but Mr. Hoid could. The writing was on wall- err walls, you could say. Everywhere he looked, he saw what the future held for the town of Tyrian Falls and all he could see was more blood, more burning, and more destruction. It was most disconcerting when he started to see the futures of the people themselves painted over their regular faces like masks. As he passed the butcher, he saw that the man had the bulging eyes of someone that had been suffocated or strangled. The seamstress looked as if she had been beaten upside the head with a club. Even those few that looked like they might live had a cast around them that suggested, if not death later on, at the very least a lot of pain and misery.

When surrounded by such foul omens all the time, perhaps it wasn’t as surprising as it was for the rest of the villagers what happened next.

Those few that were left were startled out of their now daily routine of casting accusations and glares at each other by the sounds of someone shouting near the edge of town. They couldn’t make out what was being said though until they drew closer.

They all seemed to arrive at the small, no taller than 2 meters at best, “wall” that surrounded Tyrian Falls around the same time. There, standing on top of the wall, was Mr. Hoid. He was facing out and shouting at the countryside.

“What are you waiting for?!? Attack already! Come and satiate yourselves! Can’t you see that we are beaten? Can’t you end this misery? You will come and you will conquer! I have foreseen it! So why not now? Let us end this charade, once and for all. Don’t make us- make me wait any longer! End this already! Attack!”

The villagers, realizing what he was doing, reached up to grab at him and pull him down. To taunt Koloss? Surely the man was insane! But on the off chance that they did heed his call…. Well, they decided not to take that chance. And so a hundred frantic hands raised up to yank Mr. Hoid down off the wall.

They were in such a hurry that they didn’t realize how they were doing so until gravity took the situation away from them.

The only part of Mr. Hoid that they could easily reach was his feet. So they grabbed him by the ankles and pulled. This definitely had the effect of getting Mr. Hoid’s legs off the wall, but the rest of his body fell straight down. His head cracked into the wall where his feet had been and everything was silent; on both sides of the wall.

No one had the courage to peek over to see if the Koloss were close enough to have heard.

Day 14 ends and Night 15 begins! You have 24 hours.

Conquestor was lynched! They were a Village Smoker!

PMs are no longer available! I repeat, you can NOT send anymore PMs!

Votes:

Conquestor (5)- Joe in the Bush, Wyrmhero, Araris, Wilson, Herowannabe

Araris (2)- Jondesu, Stink

Herowannabe (1)- I am Stick

No Vote (2)- Conquestor, Wonko

gre_1487739599.png

Player List

Spoiler

Assassin In Burgundy: Fuzzy- Self Explanatory (Jaist) Village Smoker
Elenion: Cassius- Ladies Man (Casanova) Village Soother
Seonid: Senn Conrad- Minor Nobleman (Past Lives) Regular Villager
A Joe in the Bush: Jack Tormander- 4th Wall Breaker (Past Lives) Survived!
Jondesu: Remart- Just under 300 lbs. He swears! (Glutton, Handicapped [Leg]) Survived!
Manukos: Enias- Cleans things….somewhere (Neat) Regular Villager
I_Am_Stick: Stick- Is a Stick? (Forgetful)
Wyrmhero: Wyl Sharpe- Private Detective (Guardsman)
Nyali: Nyah- Orphan (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents) Spiked Mistborn
Herowannabe: Herwynbe- Terris Steward (Terris Steward)
Arinian: Arinian- Mercenary (Forgetful, Past Lives) Village Seeker
Conquestor: Mr. Hoid- Absentminded Prophet (Joker, Forgetful, Prophetic) Village Smoker
Silverblade5: Ryth- Former Guard (Gollum) Regular Villager
Magestar: Carmichael- High Roller (Narcissist, Compulsive Gambler) Village Smoker
Arraenae: Nicki- Noblewomen Researching Inquisitors (Theorist) Village Thug
Straw: Vomit- Messenger (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents, Gossip) Village Rioter
Doc12: Rin- Metallurgist (Tinker, Neat) Regular Villager
Hemalurgic_Headshot: Joe- Beggar/Former Band Member/Cook? (Useless, Cook) Village Thug
Araris Valerian: Aralis- Grumpy Elderly Man (Elderly, Cynic, Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff)
Droughtbringer: Drought- Blind Man (Handicapped [Blind]) Village Coinshot
Stink: Various- Split Personality Mistborn (Insanity)
Ecthelion III: No Name- Retired Gentleman (Elderly) Village Soother
Kipper: Kip Pikker- Traveling Bard (Narcissist) Regular Villager
TheMightyLopen: Sothe- Thief (Unlucky) Village Lurcher
Madagascar: Matilda- Mad Cat Lady (Drunk) Village Thug
Dalinar Kholin: Reginald Canuck- Polite Wayne (Kleptomaniac) Spiked Mistborn
Drake Marshall: Felix- Traveller (Survivor Priest, Scholarly) Village Smoker
Bugsy6912: Annix- Terrisman Scholor (Scholor, Terrisman, Hobbyist) Regular Villager
Gamma Fiend: Grumbles- Innkeeper (Insanity) Regular Villager
Little Wilson: Whistler- Shopkeeper (Neat, Compulsive Gambler, Hobbyist) Survived!
Sart: Sart- Trickster (High Imperial) Regular Villager
Orlock Tsubodai: Locke Tekiel- Nobleman (Nobleman) Dropped
Wonko the Sane: Abundance Org (Organization)
Elbereth: El- Apprentice Apothecary (Hopeful Orphan, Past Lives) Regular Villager

Edited by Alvron

Please, give me a little bit of credit. I'm trying to be good, I really am! But the voice in my head keeps making suggestions that seem so logical at the time...  

Hope. 

Herwynbe let the word tumble around in his mind. It was the key element to his master's plan, but it was the one thing that his master could not give the people of Tyrian Falls. Not directly. It went opposite to his nature in some way that Herwynbe didn't understand. 

Herwynbe stood in his modest room, polishing the jewelry arrayed on the table in front of him. Most of it was useless, but eight earrings, laid out in the center of the pile- those were special. One by one he took one of he earrings and placed them back in his ears. With each earring replaced, he could feel a bit of power returning to him. Eight earrings, one for each of the eight basic metals. He had the full powers of a mistborn- no, more than that- Herwynbe was an inquisitor. One hiding in plain sight. And nobody had questioned him.

He thought it odd. Right from the beginning, when that dying fool had told the people not to trust anyone pierced by metal, nobody had thought to distrust the humble Terris steward who wore metal piercings openly. Herwynbe had provided the village with shelter, sustenance, and comfort. A place to talk and plan. And they had trusted him. Instead of fleeing the village- which would have thwarted the master's plan- they had stayed, because they had hope. 

That's what the master had needed Herwynbe for. To give the villagers hope. 

So that it could then be torn down. 

Once his jewelry was in place, Herwynbe made his way down the stairs of the manor to the storerooms. The first two were empty, but the third still held some small bit of food. Herwynbe reached the door and unlocked it- he was of course the only one with a key to the storerooms. He had let the thieves in to steal most of the food, of course, but again, nobody had thought to accuse the humble Terrisman. Herwynbe held his torch high, surveying the small stack of crates and barrels that remained. 

If the villagers had rationed the food from the beginning, they could have made it last for weeks or months yet, but Herwynbe had given it to them freely and they had gluttonously devoured it all. Then Herwynbe's companions had stolen more of the supplies. Add to that a bit of his master's touch, and most of the remaining food had rotted and spoiled. Now there was barely enough left to last the village another day or two.

Herwynbe laid his torch onto the pile of crates, then shut the door and locked it. He made his usual rounds through the manor, and each time he passed a torch or lamp he took it from the sconce on the all and laid it at the base of a tapestry or bit of wood molding. He passed no servants as he went about his work- they had all been ordered to bed, to rest. Overworked and exhausted as they were, they had all welcomed the respite with eagerness. 

By the time he had finished his rounds, he could smell the smoke and hear the cries of alarm in a half dozen different places where the flames had caught and started to spread. But no matter, there were far too many fires in the manor now to stop it from burning to the ground. With luck- and a bit of help from the master- the fires would spread to the nearby buildings. 

Before he left the manor, Herwynbe went to his master's study. The master was there, of course. The master was everywhere. 

"It is done, according to your instructions," Herwynbe said, bowing his head. 

"Very good," Ruin said. "Rise, my servant. I have one more task for you." He gestured to the jars on the mantel, each one filled with blood and containing a metal spike. "It is time that we recruit a few new members to our cause, don't you think? I will let you decide who is worthy of such an honor."

Herwynbe ducked his head again. "As you command, master. The choice will be an easy one, I think."

Herwynbe carefully gathered the jars off the mantel, then went to the window. He pulled out a small vial, and swallowed the metal flakes it contained. Steel flared to life inside of him, and he burned it, pushing himself away from the burning manor, and went in search of Jack Tormander. 

It was time to destroy the last bit of hope that remained in the village. 

Edited by Herowannabe
formatting