Sorry for leaving the vote on you hero, I'f been extremely busy for the past 36 or so hours. I will read the thread and post my thoughts in the morning.

@Metacognition Can a Mistborn draw the same metal twice in a period of eight cycles? or does s/he have to draw all 8 before s/he can get a repeat?

5 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

@OrlokTsubodai, how's that analysis coming along? I'm very curious to see what you come up with. Didn't someone else say they were going to go back to the beginning and do an analysis starting from there? Thanks to both of you for putting that kind of time and effort into the game. Like seriously, I'm impressed, and grateful that someone else can do that when I just can't.  

You're welcome :)

*feels guilty

Okay, no. Read my post from last cycle :-P. Although I did read through a couple of older cycles...all I found was that I'm not very good at analysing stuff.

Yeah, I'm finding my attempts at analysis end up being futile. I can gather data and present it, but actually learning from it seems to not be clicking so far. I wasn't feeling the Assassin lynch, though, but there didn't seem to be another viable lynch, so I left my vote on Araris, which I admit was not based on that much. I'd like to see some analysis from others to compare to what I can come up with on my own. Anyone want me to assess people's activity/inactivity again for the last few rounds, or did that not help others?

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Yeah, I'm finding my attempts at analysis end up being futile. I can gather data and present it, but actually learning from it seems to not be clicking so far. I wasn't feeling the Assassin lynch, though, but there didn't seem to be another viable lynch, so I left my vote on Araris, which I admit was not based on that much. I'd like to see some analysis from others to compare to what I can come up with on my own. Anyone want me to assess people's activity/inactivity again for the last few rounds, or did that not help others?

As a Contribution Crusader I appreciated it greatly, and would do so again. I know that Conquestor has slipped away again, and there's probably a few others. Plus it's useful for rooting out those eliminators that like to try to lay low and not draw attention to themselves. 

9 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

@Metacognition Can a Mistborn draw the same metal twice in a period of eight cycles? or does s/he have to draw all 8 before s/he can get a repeat?

I thought this was answered before? 

The way I roll metals for Mistborn is like this: 
- I roll for their power. If it is a power that they've not had yet, that is their power for the cycle. 
- If it is a power that they've had before, I reroll. 
- I keep the result of the second roll, no matter what it is; even if it is the same power that I just rolled. 
- After a Mistborn has gone through all of the metals at least once, the cycle resets; no matter how many times they received any individual power before then.

This allows those powers that the Mistborn has not had to have two chances to be rolled at any given time while still allowing for the randomness that makes the Mistborn Role interesting. 

@Metacognition I retracted my vote on Wyrm to place one on Assassin. Not that it mattered, but I just want to be sure there isn't any vote manipulation going on.

Sart sighed. "Ising the being of not of being? Aming the being of ising. Ising the not of being of areing." Those two weren't making any sense. The steward was claiming that his analysis was lopsided. If it was, what exactly was lopsided? Herwynbe hadn't pointed out where he disagreed. In addition, Stick had claimed that he was acting in an unsuspicious way, which made him suspicious. That logic was so flawed he didn't know where to begin. Perhaps Sart wasn't suspicious because he wasn't Spiked. It seemed obvious that those two were Spiked, but he worried that the village couldn't rally enough support to lynch them. The numbers weren't on their side, but Sart would go down swinging.

Day 12: Perchance to Dream

Jack was having a horrible dream- if you could call it a dream. It seemed a bit too vivid for that. It felt more like it was a recollection from another time, where events similar to those taking place in Tyrian Falls… had happened? Were going to happen? In the end, it didn’t matter. They were similar enough in structure that he saw how it would all play out.

He saw how the paranoia and the fear slowly sank their teeth into the villagers. He saw how it turn friend against friend and elevated petty differences into justifications for death. He saw as supplies were destroyed and reserves ruined, which made the villagers all the more frantic and fanatic in their search to purge the evil out from amongst them. If it wasn’t so horrifying, he could almost respect the way these forces of destruction systematically encouraged the people to do their work for them.

And in his sleeping state, the recent events in Tyrian Falls mixed with those recollections and he dreamt about the gruesome deaths that had just recently happened in new and mortifying ways.

Jack tossed and turned throughout the night. He wanted to wake up; to let this nightmare end. But he was not immune to the effects of what was happening in Tyrian Falls and his body was just too exhausted.

Then he dreamt of a figure creeping into his room, cloaked in darkness and comfortable in the shadows. The figure stealthily made their way across the room; avoiding any of the squeaking boards that could have given them away. When they reached his bed, they pulled out a wicked looking dagger. When they raised it above their head, it glinted in the moonlight and it looked stained with the blood of those it had already killed.

Now this dream felt incredibly weird to Jack. This didn’t feel like a recreation from an earlier time and it seemed embedded in his current reality.

Some part of Jack’s instincts kicked in and he snapped awake. He awoke to the exact same scene he had just been dreaming about! And the dagger was already plunging towards his chest.

Suddenly, before he could do so much as breath in to scream, he was yanked to the right with such force that he felt as if he had been slammed into by a Koloss’s fist. The dagger stabbed down and sank almost to the hilt into the bed where Jack had laid just a second before. The force was so strong, it carried him across the room and crashing out through the window; glass ripping at him as he barrelled through. Finally, he rolled to a stop in one of the huge piles of ash that hadn’t been cleaned up in the town recently.

As Jack lay there, panting and trying to calm down, he could only think of one thought:

Thank the gods I got a room on the first floor!

Night 12 has ended and Day 12 begins! You have 48 hours.

A Joe in the Bush was attacked, but they survived!

Good luck!

bla_1487134799.png

Player List

Spoiler

Assassin In Burgundy: Fuzzy- Self Explanatory (Jaist) Village Smoker
Elenion: Cassius- Ladies Man (Casanova) Village Soother
Seonid: Senn Conrad- Minor Nobleman (Past Lives)
A Joe in the Bush: Jack Tormander- 4th Wall Breaker (Past Lives) Survived!
Jondesu: Remart- Just under 300 lbs. He swears! (Glutton, Handicapped [Leg]) Survived!
Manukos: Enias- Cleans things….somewhere (Neat) Regular Villager
I_Am_Stick: Stick- Is a Stick? (Forgetful)
Wyrmhero: Wyl Sharpe- Private Detective (Guardsman)
Nyali: Nyah- Orphan (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents) Spiked Mistborn
Herowannabe: Herwynbe- Terris Steward (Terris Steward)
Arinian: Arinian- Mercenary (Forgetful, Past Lives) Village Seeker
Conquestor: Mr. Hoid- Absentminded Prophet (Joker, Forgetful, Prophetic)
Silverblade5: Ryth- Former Guard (Gollum) Regular Villager
Magestar: Carmichael- High Roller (Narcissist, Compulsive Gambler)
Arraenae: Nicki- Noblewomen Researching Inquisitors (Theorist) Village Thug
Straw: Vomit- Messenger (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents, Gossip) Village Rioter
Doc12: Rin- Metallurgist (Tinker, Neat) Regular Villager
Hemalurgic_Headshot: Joe- Beggar/Former Band Member/Cook? (Useless, Cook) Village Thug
Araris Valerian: Aralis- Grumpy Elderly Man (Elderly, Cynic, Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff)
Droughtbringer: Drought- Blind Man (Handicapped [Blind]) Village Coinshot
Stink: Various- Split Personality Mistborn (Insanity)
Ecthelion III: No Name- Retired Gentleman (Elderly) Village Soother
Kipper: Kip Pikker- Traveling Bard (Narcissist) Regular Villager
TheMightyLopen: Sothe- Thief (Unlucky) Village Lurcher
Madagascar: Matilda- Mad Cat Lady (Drunk) Village Thug
Dalinar Kholin: Reginald Canuck- Polite Wayne (Kleptomaniac) Spiked Mistborn
Drake Marshall: Felix- Traveller (Survivor Priest, Scholarly) Village Smoker
Bugsy6912: Annix- Terrisman Scholor (Scholor, Terrisman, Hobbyist) Regular Villager
Gamma Fiend: Grumbles- Innkeeper (Insanity) Regular Villager
Little Wilson: Whistler- Shopkeeper (Neat, Compulsive Gambler, Hobbyist) Survived!
Sart: Sart- Trickster (High Imperial)
Orlock Tsubodai: Locke Tekiel- Nobleman (Nobleman)
Wonko the Sane: Abundance Org (Organization)
Elbereth: El- Apprentice Apothecary (Hopeful Orphan, Past Lives)

Edited by Alvron

Ah good, you did see the code. I was worried since i never saw the reply. 

still slightly suspicious, since your protected yourself, rather than Arinian, but I'm willing to ignore you for now.

Now then, I'm still suspicious of Jondesu and Stink, but i want to finish reading through all the posts before i vote.

Glad to see we didn't lose anyone to the Elims this cycle, especially since Joe was confirmed already.

Joe, I know I'm gathering some suspicion, but I'm still not 100% sure why (unless I've just forgotten, which I'm prone to sometimes).  Let me know your reasoning so I can respond, though, if you still suspect me once you finish reading the posts.

EDIT: I've had a lot of focus on RP in the other game, and I've let this one slack off a bit too much.  I'll find something for Remart to do once he gets some breakfast.

Edited by Jondesu

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to pull out of this game. I've greatly enjoyed catching up, and analysing the game, but doing so took me more than 40 hours last week, and has meant that I averaged less than three hours sleep a night. This would have been fine, but I collapsed after lunch yesterday, and had to be taken to hospital by paramedics. There appears to be something going on with my heart, and it's either caused or exacerbated by stress and lack of sleep. As such, ceasing playing seems to be a sensible, albeit sad, decision to make.

Thank you all for providing such entertainment, and particularly Meta for running the game. 

Oh wow, and I thought I was pushing myself with averaging 5-6 hours of sleep. Yes, by all means take a break from SE and take good care of yourself. The game is fun but not worth endangering your health over. 

We'll see you when such a time comes that you can make room in your schedule for SE and get plenty of sleep. :) 

Anyway, I just woke up and I'm on mobile so I'm going to keep this short.  I still suspect Sart.

Sart you asked me about inconsistencies in your brief analysis and suspicion list. I don't have time to go through the whole thing but as one example you claim I defended Nyali. I admit that I never actually cast a vote for her, but not for lack of willingness to. The day she was lynched I was fully planning on coming back to change my vote to her but I got my days mixed up and the cycle ended before I could. I didn't vote for her before that because at the time I had other people I suspected more. So to say I "defended" Nyali is a distortion of facts, or at least a very selective choosing of which facts to address and which to ignore. 

There were other, similar such distortions / selective choosings for other players on your list, but I don't remember them off the top of my head and I don't have time to look it up now anyway.

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry that I haven't been on and posting, but from now on, I am going to at least try and post twice to three times a day. So, I see that any other spiked have been killed, do we have any ideas for spiked yet?

Mr. Hoid wakes up from his really long nap and said, "Wow, that was a . . . really long sleep, can anyone even sleep that long?"

Remart set down his ale and stomped outside rapidly when he heard the shouts. Outside, he found that Locke had collapsed on the street, unconscious and unmoving. He helped some of the others carry him to a bed, hoping they hadn't lost another town member. 

As he came back downstairs, he found Mr Hoid yawning widely as he shook off his "nap". Remart shook his head. Even he couldn't sleep that long. Oh well, the man was up now, and he'd keep an eye on him.

Speaking of...where was that  insane guy who claimed to be a Mistborn? Remart didn't believe him for an instant, but the man had not only piqued his interest, but had been making himself very suspicious lately. He headed off in search of him, hoping to get him to explain his actions.

For the record, that's a vote on Stink, and a very sad farewell to @OrlokTsubodai. Take care of yourself, please!

@OrlokTsubodai that definitely calls for a break, and as Hero said, all that analysing's greatly appreciated but taking care of your health is more important

I'll probably vote on Stink too (when I'm not on phone), seeing as how he was insistent on lynching assassin off, and wasn't exactly supportive back in that Dalinar lynch...

Another day, another attack. 'Least today, no-one had died, thank the Lord Ruler. Seemed a bit weird to be thanking God for saving skaa considering how most nobles ended up treating us, but I guess that even He wouldn't want His property destroyed. But someone was still going around trying to destroy us, and in my mind, there was no-one more suspicious than the madman who had returned to, at least partial, sanity long enough to get one of us killed.

*Still STINK.

Orlok, I hope you're on your way to a speedy recovery.

Still reading, getting less suspicious of jon, and more irritated at Stink. Enough that I'm happy to lynch him unless my read through comes up with a better suspect.

Jon, I'm starting to think I just decided you were a mistborn who pulled pewter and decided to use it as a wgg, and then I tunneled on you. I'm not as suspicious of you, because the only real evidence is that it is theoretically possible.

Thanks, Joe. I really can't refute that exactly, except there haven't been any actions that could conclusively be pinned on me for other cycles either, that I know of. We don't know who made all the Coinshot strikes, for instance, but I think most if not all of the vote manips were claimed already. If someone attacks me or I'm lynched, you'll know for sure, but I'd rather not have to die to prove my innocence. :P

I'll vote for STINK as well.   I have reasons I'll explain later, when I have time.

Every time I look at this game, I keep getting surprised I'm alive. :P  I usually don't survive games this long.

-sigh-  I suppose this means the Elims don't see me as a threat.

And there goes my ego.

18 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Every time I look at this game, I keep getting surprised I'm alive. :P  I usually don't survive games this long.

-sigh-  I suppose this means the Elims don't see me as a threat.

And there goes my ego.

Aaaand, now I'm growing suspicious of you. Nothing strong, not voting for you this time, but still, surviving seems fishy enough to make me wonder.

1 minute ago, Jondesu said:

Aaaand, now I'm growing suspicious of you. Nothing strong, not voting for you this time, but still, surviving seems fishy enough to make me wonder.

Lol, i was about to say that

EDIT: @Metacognition If a mistborn with pewter gets attacked, can they draw Pewter again?

Edited by A Joe in the Bush