44 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

@Magestar, are you really following the guy who's said he's "not up for this game no more" and has barely had posts beyond five sentences?

Actually, I said I thought you were suspicious earlier.

@STINK, I wouldn't mind hearing why you're suspicious of Assassin, though.

Whilst I seek to make amends with Wilson and discuss the situation, I think it better that I refrain from continuing to vote for her. Wilson.

For now, with the proviso that being sick last night I haven't finished catching up yet, I too will vote for Assassin.

The evidence I'd give to support this is as follows (others may well have additional from later days):

D4, Assassin doesn't engage in the discussion, voting for Rae without reasoning, and so defending Nyali.

Of far greater salience, I'd suggest we all look at Assassin's initial reaction to Arinian claiming seeker, in D5. After opening voting on Rae, and so protecting Nyali again, Assassin's response is to, without any justification or elaboration, question whether we can trust Arinian. He goes on to suggest that Arinian was guilty, and named the entire eliminator team as villagers in a gambit. 

Scepticism of a seeker can be justified. Such an attempt to discredit a seeker through whatever means, particularly when doing so is an attempt to keep the lynch on Rae, and off Nyali strikes me as extremely suspicious.

He continues this approach in D6, questioning why Arinian isn't dead, and accusing him of being evil, despite Arinian having ensured the lynch was on Nyali as opposed to Rae in D5.

He justifies this saying he hasn't considered that Arinian was the prime lurching target (potentially consistent with the eliminators knowing Lopen was the only village lurcher, and therefore an eliminator attempt to get the village to use the lynch on Arinian), despite Arinian being literally the most obvious lurching target in the game

In N7, Assassin says that if he dies tonight, the village should kill Headshot, and reiterates his suspicion two posts later. However, 3 post after that, he's now happy to agree not to press for a Headshot lynch if Headshot doesn't push for his lynch. This, to me, indicates a total lack of conviction in his beliefs, most easily explainable by them being but fabrications, corroborated by his eagerness to seize a deal that prevented him being discussed.

Points Assassin may raise in his defence include:

Voting on Dalinar D2, and telling coinshots to focus on him N2. The D2 vote, though, was well after the Dalinar lynch was condemned, and was entirely safe, if he knew Dalinar had Pewter. Likewise, the call for coinshots to attack him is also safe, knowing Dalinar was protected.

He may also suggest that his request for Arinian to scan him on N7, but given this happens to be the night that Arinian dies, it's an easy request to make with eliminator kills already placed. 

I would also suggest that there was a concerted effort to save Assassin in the D6 voting, and that given his actions outlined above, such a defence materialising is evidence of an eliminator attempt to save him.

As a result of the above, I am entirely supportive of Assassin's lynch today.

5 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Stink, sometimes you are so helpful. :P 

Hey, I could always go back to being inactive, mister.

1 minute ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Well, looks like I'm dying today. Oh well. Smokers aren't that useful to the village. 

Especially evil ones!

If I don't get lynched today, can the Elims kill me? I've never been killed by one, and want to try it. Why? Because I've always been lynched for acting weird, or strange, and you know what I always show up as? Villager. You guys seem intent on lynching me, and so be it. But at this point, I'm thinking I'll finish up my current games and then take a break. 

2 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

If I don't get lynched today, can the Elims kill me? I've never been killed by one, and want to try it. Why? Because I've always been lynched for acting weird, or strange, and you know what I always show up as? Villager. You guys seem intent on lynching me, and so be it. But at this point, I'm thinking I'll finish up my current games and then take a break. 

Honestly, this attitude is making me sad.   And I'm seeing it quite a bit lately.  Most village lynches aren't going to be on an Elim, because we don't have all the info.  Getting lynched as a villager happens to everyone.  It happened to me quite a bit when I had just started playing.  If you don't like being lynched, defend yourself!  Right now, all I've seen you do is say that I shouldn't follow STINK, say that you're a smoker (Did you already say this?), and use this to say that you can't be an elim because Elims are mistborn, and complain that you get lynched a lot as a villager.  Admittedly, I don't know if you're an Elim or not, but I'm not seeing a lot of evidence against it.  As for 'You guys seem intent on lynching me', I think there are only three people trying.

I will be sorry if you're a villager, Assassin.  And I hope you don't quit SE because of this.  I'll take partial credit for mis-lynch if you're a villager, because I haven't been paying enough attention.

-sigh-

"I still don't trust the madman*," I said, lightning my pipe. Thank The Lord Ruler, assuming he was still watching over us, for the passing merchant from the south. Godspeed to him too. He left the town like an Inquisitor was after him. Can't say I blame him for quitting on us like that. He has no loyalty to this place. He didn't grow up here, make friends with people. Well, I guess I didn't grow up here either, but this place certainly became my home. I couldn't do a runner like he did. And that meant trying to figure out what was going on here. "He says a lot now, but manages to somehow say almost nothing at all." In my mind, that made him still someone to watch out for.

*Still STINK

10 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Honestly, this attitude is making me sad.   And I'm seeing it quite a bit lately.  Most village lynches aren't going to be on an Elim, because we don't have all the info.  Getting lynched as a villager happens to everyone.  It happened to me quite a bit when I had just started playing.  If you don't like being lynched, defend yourself!  Right now, all I've seen you do is say that I shouldn't follow STINK, say that you're a smoker (Did you already say this?), and use this to say that you can't be an elim because Elims are mistborn, and complain that you get lynched a lot as a villager.  Admittedly, I don't know if you're an Elim or not, but I'm not seeing a lot of evidence against it.  As for 'You guys seem intent on lynching me', I think there are only three people trying.

I will be sorry if you're a villager, Assassin.  And I hope you don't quit SE because of this.  I'll take partial credit for mis-lynch if you're a villager, because I haven't been paying enough attention.

-sigh-

I'm not going to quit. I'm thinking about taking a break though. And I can't really defend myself, because admittedly it just comes down to trust. You don't know if I'm telling the truth. And the part that frustrates me the most is that I know that I'm innocent, but I can't do anything about it. I'm helpless, and down for the count and drowning in it. 

1 minute ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I'm not going to quit. I'm thinking about taking a break though. And I can't really defend myself, because admittedly it just comes down to trust. You don't know if I'm telling the truth. And the part that frustrates me the most is that I know that I'm innocent, but I can't do anything about it. I'm helpless, and down for the count and drowning in it. 

Ok.  To be honest, I've been thinking about taking a break too.

Yeah.  That's awful.  I would take my vote off of you, but I'm not sure I can just sit here wondering about your alignment.  :(  

-sigh-

12 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Ok.  To be honest, I've been thinking about taking a break too.

Yeah.  That's awful.  I would take my vote off of you, but I'm not sure I can just sit here wondering about your alignment.  :(  

-sigh-

It's ok. I have been admittedly acting suspicious, so I guess it's time to pay up. 

"Hasing the ising of voting. Being the fearing of wasing of ising. Being the not of Wyrm to being the ising of Assassin in Burgundy."

Sart (2): Herowannabe, Araris
Herowannabe (1): Joe
Wilson (0): Orlok
Wyrm (0): Sart
Assassin in Burgundy (4): Magestar, Stink, Orlok, Sart
Stink (1): Wyrm

Fuzzy coughed, then bent over hacking. He blinked away tears, and curled up in a ball. Please, he thought. I have been faithful. I have served you. Take me away from this place. He sniffled, but there was no response. Apparently, even the Ja had abandoned him. 

He began weeping. He flared his coppercloud, hoping it could hide him from the world. But they wouldn't believe him. They would kill him, and the spirit of the Ja would die in this village. There would be nothing left. No truth. No worship. The village would be an empty shell. 

I'm one with the Ja, the Ja is with me. 

He curled up even tighter, preparing for the end, but hoping it wouldn't come. I am sorry, he thought. I'm sorry I couldn't stay alive. I'm sorry I couldn't spread your word. And now my time has come, and with it the end of your followers. Do not hurt these people, Ja. They are misguided, but they have a good heart. Help them root out the evil that lies in there heart. Help them destroy the things that threaten their homes. Do not bring your wrath upon them. 

And that was how they found him, to deliver him to his execution. Curled up in a ball by the side of the road, mumbling to himself and staining his clothes with his tears. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

1 hour ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Fuzzy coughed, then bent over hacking. He blinked away tears, and curled up in a ball. Please, he thought. I have been faithful. I have served you. Take me away from this place. He sniffled, but there was no response. Apparently, even the Ja had abandoned him. 

He began weeping. He flared his coppercloud, hoping it could hide him from the world. But they wouldn't believe him. They would kill him, and the spirit of the Ja would die in this village. There would be nothing left. No truth. No worship. The village would be an empty shell. 

He curled up even tighter, preparing for the end, but hoping it wouldn't come. I am sorry, he thought. I'm sorry I couldn't stay alive. I'm sorry I couldn't spread your word. And now my time has come, and with it the end of your followers. Do not hurt these people, Ja. They are misguided, but they have a good heart. Help them root out the evil that lies in there heart. Help them destroy the things that threaten their homes. Do not bring your wrath upon them. 

And that was how they found him, to deliver him to his execution. Curled up in a ball by the side of the road, mumbling to himself and staining his clothes with his tears. 

This is so sad.  :(  That's some really good RP there, Assassin.  I was moved.  Nice job.

Hey guys, I was hoping to be home in time to get the write up done and the turn done on time. But, that doesn’t look like that's going to happen. I have family down from out of town and we're still out and about. So I'm really sorry. I've tried to be consistent even if I can’t get the write up up right away each time. 

The turn will end at the regular time, but I might not be around to post the new turn. Depending on how late it is before I finallu get it up, we'll decide what to do about it from there. If the night needs to be extended, then that’s what will do, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Just wanted to let you all know what's going on. Sorry for any delay and I'll get us back on schedule as quick as possible!

I want to place my vote on Sart (he's not entirely inactive, but he's been posting and voting on a regular basis and unsuspicious way, which makes me suspicious); but I'm afraid then the Elims might get a chance to riot/soothe the lynch their own way if I do vote.

My vote on Sart this cycle was originally a bit of a poke vote, mixed with a little suspicion, but nothing I've seen this cycle has lessened my suspicion of him. Just the opposite. His big analysis post seems very selective and has large gaps and inconsistencies. He seems to be picking and choosing which bits of evidence he wants us to focus on and ignores the rest. 

Regardless, I'm going to remove my vote for  Sart and put it on Assassin instead, to help prevent any possible vote shenanigans. Sorry if you are a villager Assassin, but the evidence is too great against you to ignore any longer.  

20 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

My vote on Sart this cycle was originally a bit of a poke vote, mixed with a little suspicion, but nothing I've seen this cycle has lessened my suspicion of him. Just the opposite. His big analysis post seems very selective and has large gaps and inconsistencies. He seems to be picking and choosing which bits of evidence he wants us to focus on and ignores the rest. 

Regardless, I'm going to remove my vote for  Sart and put it on Assassin instead, to help prevent any possible vote shenanigans. Sorry if you are a villager Assassin, but the evidence is too great against you to ignore any longer.  

I am, but whatever. Assassin. 

Night 12: Assassin

Faith is powerful. It can raise one to hope when despair is overpowering, bring one to kneel despite having all the power in the world.

Reduce one to madness and tears.

Fuzzy was crying, sobbing, mad. Of course they had to kill him. Didn’t they? Madness was a sign of the Spiked, wasn’t it? And they had to find the Spiked. They were out there, somewhere. Killing the village, one by one, until no one was left.

They had to kill him. Didn’t they?

The gallows was used, this time. The darkness of its wood darkened again with death. Fuzzy was strung up, following obediently even though he was still crying. The watching crowd murmured, angry or excited or indifferent.

Fuzzy stood on the chair, and his mind seemed to clear for just a moment. He looked out over the crowd.

“Praise the Ja,” he said one last time, clearly and calmly.

He dropped. There was a crack.

Faith has power, regardless of its truth. And thus Fuzzy, priest of the Ja, received the answer to his prayer after all, as he was taken away from Tyrian Falls for the last time.

Day 11 ends and Night 12 begins! You have 24 hours.

Assassin in Burgundy was lynched! They were a Village Smoker.

PM are NOT open!

Votes:

Assassin in Burgundy (5)- Assassin in Burgundy, Herowannabe, Magestar, Stink, Orlok, Sart

Herowannabe (1)- Joe in the Bush

Araris (1)- Jondesu

Stink (1)- Wyrmhero

Sart (1)- Araris

No Votes (6)- Elbereth, Wonko, Wilson, Conquestor, I am Stick, Seonid

gre_1486961999.png

Player List

Spoiler

Assassin In Burgundy: Fuzzy- Self Explanatory (Jaist) Village Smoker
Elenion: Cassius- Ladies Man (Casanova) Village Soother
Seonid: Senn Conrad- Minor Nobleman (Past Lives)
A Joe in the Bush: Jack Tormander- 4th Wall Breaker (Past Lives)
Jondesu: Remart- Just under 300 lbs. He swears! (Glutton, Handicapped [Leg]) Survived!
Manukos: Enias- Cleans things….somewhere (Neat) Regular Villager
I_Am_Stick: Stick- Is a Stick? (Forgetful)
Wyrmhero: Wyl Sharpe- Private Detective (Guardsman)
Nyali: Nyah- Orphan (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents) Spiked Mistborn
Herowannabe: Herwynbe- Terris Steward (Terris Steward)
Arinian: Arinian- Mercenary (Forgetful, Past Lives) Village Seeker
Conquestor: Mr. Hoid- Absentminded Prophet (Joker, Forgetful, Prophetic)
Silverblade5: Ryth- Former Guard (Gollum) Regular Villager
Magestar: Carmichael- High Roller (Narcissist, Compulsive Gambler)
Arraenae: Nicki- Noblewomen Researching Inquisitors (Theorist) Village Thug
Straw: Vomit- Messenger (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents, Gossip) Village Rioter
Doc12: Rin- Metallurgist (Tinker, Neat) Regular Villager
Hemalurgic_Headshot: Joe- Beggar/Former Band Member/Cook? (Useless, Cook) Village Thug
Araris Valerian: Aralis- Grumpy Elderly Man (Elderly, Cynic, Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff)
Droughtbringer: Drought- Blind Man (Handicapped [Blind]) Village Coinshot
Stink: Various- Split Personality Mistborn (Insanity)
Ecthelion III: No Name- Retired Gentleman (Elderly) Village Soother
Kipper: Kip Pikker- Traveling Bard (Narcissist) Regular Villager
TheMightyLopen: Sothe- Thief (Unlucky) Village Lurcher
Madagascar: Matilda- Mad Cat Lady (Drunk) Village Thug
Dalinar Kholin: Reginald Canuck- Polite Wayne (Kleptomaniac) Spiked Mistborn
Drake Marshall: Felix- Traveller (Survivor Priest, Scholarly) Village Smoker
Bugsy6912: Annix- Terrisman Scholor (Scholor, Terrisman, Hobbyist) Regular Villager
Gamma Fiend: Grumbles- Innkeeper (Insanity) Regular Villager
Little Wilson: Whistler- Shopkeeper (Neat, Compulsive Gambler, Hobbyist) Survived!
Sart: Sart- Trickster (High Imperial)
Orlock Tsubodai: Locke Tekiel- Nobleman (Nobleman)
Wonko the Sane: Abundance Org (Organization)
Elbereth: El- Apprentice Apothecary (Hopeful Orphan, Past Lives)

Edited by Metacognition

@OrlokTsubodai, how's that analysis coming along? I'm very curious to see what you come up with. Didn't someone else say they were going to go back to the beginning and do an analysis starting from there? Thanks to both of you for putting that kind of time and effort into the game. Like seriously, I'm impressed, and grateful that someone else can do that when I just can't.