Hm, I guess El spoke up. Good, wouldn't want someone to die because they never said anything. Odd reasoning though. Why would you be so cautious if you haven't got anything to share? I'd keep an eye on her, maybe pay a guy to tail her. I was more curious now about the mad, supposed 'Mistborn'* and his behaviour. Perhaps that was a bit odd, to think a madman was acting oddly. I don't know, it just felt wrong to me. Call it a gut feeling or instinct or even paranoia. Whatever the case, he definitely wasn't helping to make matters clearer. What was the point of 'watching and thinking' if you never did anything with it? Very strange. Maybe a prod could get him to state some of these thoughts.

*STINK, you do make it hard to refer to you in character...

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

STINK, I'm sorry, but saying you're not quitting but won't post does kinda rub me the wrong way, and you've been on my suspicious list long enough I'm gonna put a vote down on you.  It's just a gut read still, like most of my other votes, but your attitude seems like someone who doesn't care who dies, but isn't trying to keep anyone alive either, since you know who your teammates are.

@little wilson, @A Joe in the Bush, and @Elbereth, I see you're all saying you're growing suspicious of me, but just gut reads.  Mind saying what you're suspicious of?  I know people are paranoid about WGGs this game especially, but I feel like doing that with me at that point in the game would have been a really weird move for the Spiked.  At the same time, I suspect they haven't killed me for good because they want me to draw suspicion for surviving, much like they may be doing with players like El, since she's not much of a threat if she's a villager and she'll gain votes from inactivity or coming back, potentially.  There's no advantage to them killing either of us off at this point, especially since I've been wrong enough times that I'm probably helping them (except with Nyali, but I was far from alone in that one).

Well. I was going to say that I don't have any good reasons. Which is why I haven't voted on you so far. 

But let's take the first part of this post. Everyone else has been voting on Stink because he doesn't care about the game, really. Not because he's suspicious. You are the only person who's actually suggested that he might be evil because of his attitude toward the game.

I'll provide some context here: Stink has been evil four times in thirty games. LG15a, which lasted 48 hours; LG19, where all his teammates died and left him alone because there was a ton of inactivity that game and it was very broken; QF13, which no one remembers and in which I'm pretty sure he was killed quite quickly; and MR18, in which he was bussed cycle 3 by a teammate and wasn't terribly happy about it. 

This is a little bit ridiculous. So - do you think that if Stink finally had the chance to be evil again, th at he would be acting like this? It's possible, certainly. But if his uninvestment in this game is exactly as it appears (which seems quite likely to me), I'm fairly certain he's village. Because he would be actually interested as an eliminator.

Now - is this a big point against you? No. It's not huge. It's entirely possible you could say that as a villager. But it's less likely, to me. And combined with gut reads on most other posts, and the fact that there isn't anyone else I'd prefer to lynch (except possibly Stick)? Jondesu.

1 hour ago, Wyrmhero said:

Hm, I guess El spoke up. Good, wouldn't want someone to die because they never said anything. Odd reasoning though. Why would you be so cautious if you haven't got anything to share? I'd keep an eye on her, maybe pay a guy to tail her. I was more curious now about the mad, supposed 'Mistborn'* and his behaviour. Perhaps that was a bit odd, to think a madman was acting oddly. I don't know, it just felt wrong to me. Call it a gut feeling or instinct or even paranoia. Whatever the case, he definitely wasn't helping to make matters clearer. What was the point of 'watching and thinking' if you never did anything with it? Very strange. Maybe a prod could get him to state some of these thoughts.

*STINK, you do make it hard to refer to you in character...

Well, I'm personally of the opinion that claiming regular villager is equally dangerous to claiming a role - it's still telling the eliminators who they don't need to bother attacking. This was discussed a fair amount in the last AG, as I recall - perhaps I'll pull out a post discussing that later. 

Also, while I'm on the topic, your reasoning for your vote last time didn't make a terrible amount of sense? You're saying that I wouldn't have roleclaimed as an eliminator because my answer would implicate me - but it wouldn't, far as I know. One village seeker is gone, and I don't think we have a second (though that would be interesting, certainly, and possibly explain the number of smokers). I haven't been paying attention to the vote manipulation, but claiming smoker probably wouldn't be problematic. Or I could have just claimed regular villager. Just like I did. Why would I not claim to the hard-cleared villager, if I knew that was the case? That just makes me look suspicious. I'm not that bad of an eliminator that I'd make that kind of mistake. 

El opened her door, stepping out into the street. She carried her emergency kit with her, now - she'd had plenty of time this past week to finish it, and it was now far better organized. 

The town was silent. El walked past homes and businesses boarded up or with doors left ajar, feeling like she wasn't even in Tyrian Falls anymore. Or, she was - it wasn't the town that had changed. When they all died, the town would still be there. Just... not the people.

Walking only because her feet knew the way, El found herself in the main square. The grass on the village lawn was slowly dying, fading from light brown to a deeper black. Ash had accumulated in it, now, and it didn't look like anyone had bothered to sweep it in days.  Or anywher else, for that matter - little piles of ash dotted the street, grey particles in secluded corners, whereve the wind hadn't blown it away: on windowsills, in the eaves of buildings, squeezing between the cobblestones like cement would have if there had been cement. 

A gallows hung in the square, of course. It always had - but this time it was different. It was the center of attention, now. She wasn't sure whether it had been used for the executions that she was sure had taken place, but it didn't seem to care - it simply stood there. Dark, threatening, drinking in the color from its surroundings. Die, it said. All will die.

El turned away. She'd always hated looking at the thing, but now? She couldn't bear to look for more than an instant. 

It was still watching, even when she turned her back. Still devouring. She could feel it. 

El walked out of the square as quickly as she could. 

Alright listen up all you active peeps, demanding stuff and all that.

Assassin (and whatever colour he is idk)

You wanna see what happens when you lynch him? Hm? Should be interesting.

Oh, and inb4 someone goes 'STINK is active cause he's being lynched!!!!!!!!!!!!!', no. It's 'cause this game needs to be done with sooner rather than later so might as well do that by killing elims than killing village.

2 hours ago, STINK said:

Alright listen up all you active peeps, demanding stuff and all that.

Assassin (and whatever colour he is idk)

You wanna see what happens when you lynch him? Hm? Should be interesting.

Oh, and inb4 someone goes 'STINK is active cause he's being lynched!!!!!!!!!!!!!', no. It's 'cause this game needs to be done with sooner rather than later so might as well do that by killing elims than killing village.

Why would it be interesting? I've already shared my role. 

Seonid. Thanks for responding, 

Jon, to answer your question, some of my suspicion is based on Hero's theory about you being a Mistborn and having been attacked. Another bit is based is based on your activity chart missing all of Rae's information past cycle 1, which you collected and posted on the night she was killed. While I wouldn't think an eliminator would make a mistake like that, I've seen worse mistakes made by eliminators in that past, and I can see how that could've been overlooked accidentally, since you weren't pulling any information for any of the dead. Really, I can't justify that kind of an oversight from a villager, and even if it doesn't quite make sense from an eliminator perspective either, it makes more sense from that than village. But since I don't want to make the vote even closer, which voting on you would do, I'm going to vote for Headshot, since I suspect him as well.

I'm sad that Conquestor still hasn't responded, but I am going to move my vote to Hemalurgic Headshot to prevent any vote manipulations. 

Sorry for the last minute vote change Meta, I haven't had a chance to log on for the past several hours until just now.

Night 11: False Positives

Joe actually felt pretty good. Better than he had felt in a long time and that was surprising since the wound in his side still ached something fierce most of the time. See, he’d figured out the trick to it, his uselessness and now he had purpose again.

It had come to him in an epiphany after he’d been stabbed. Whenever he tried for something (like dying this last time), he failed at it miserably. It was why he had never made it as a taco vendor or why he couldn’t walk without tripping. He tried to do those things right. He had really wanted them to succeed. And because he wanted them badly, his uselessness always got in the way and screwed them up.

But, if he tried to do the opposite of what he wanted, then surely his uselessness would work in his favor and cause him to succeed! Well, technically, he’d still fail, but the outcome would be far more favorable. It was all about his intent. It had worked last time when the villagers had tried to kill him after all.

“Squeak!”

“Hush you, I know what I’m doing,” he scolded Rat as he stumbled through the street. “This’ll work. Just you wait and see!”

“Squeak.”

“What do you mean that it’s paradoxical? This is simple cause and effect! See? It’s working already. I haven’t fallen once!”

It was true, Joe hadn’t tripped over his own feet yet and not for lack of trying. He tried to hit ever upraised cobblestone and threw himself off balance multiple times and he had yet to fall. He did look absolutely ridiculous, throwing himself about and waving his arms to keep his balance, but he hadn’t fallen.

“Squeak!”

“Bah. You have the proof before you and you still don’t believe. You are one skeptical rat, Rat.

“Now, watch and learn. After this works, I’m going to not open up my Ash Taco business and I won’t become rich off of the earnings and I absolutely will not finally have a home of my own!”

Joe gesticulated into the middle of the square, where most of the villagers were debating their next move to try to deal with the Spiked.

“Greetings fellow Villagers!” Joe exclaimed, drawing everyone’s attention. “I have come before you as a changed the same man I’ve always been! I have a plan and it’s foolproof the most flawed plan you’ve ever heard. By this time tomorrow, we’ll be free in the clutches of these Spiked-ed people’s tyranny and be definitely not be enjoying some amazing awful ash tacos!”

He paused so that they could absorb the awesomeness of his plan fully.

“You ready? Okay, here goes: I want you to kill me!”

As Joe grinned from ear to ear, he was met with dumbfounded stares.

Obviously, they need a moment, Joe thought as he congratulated himself on his brilliance.

“You heard me right! Kill me! Let’s do this! Hop to it! This is really what I want!”

When they continued to stare at him, he whispered down to Rat.

“See? I told you it would work!”

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the villagers seemed to all turn to each other, looking to anyone else to help make sense of what they were hearing. Was this a confession?

“Last chance,” Joe said. “I’m telling you right now, I want you to kill me!”

So they did.

Day 10 has ended and Night 11 begins! You have 24 hours.

Hemalurgic Headshot was lynched! They were a Village Thug!

PMs are NOT open!

Votes:
Hemalurgic Headshot (5)- Joe in the Bush, Wilson, Sart, Araris, Herowannabe
Stink (2)- Jondesu, Wyrmhero
Elbereth (1)- Hemalurgic Headshot
Jondesu (1)- Elbereth
Assassin in Burgundy (1)- Stink
Orlok (1)- Seonid

No Vote (7)- Wonko, Orlok, Droughtbringer, Magestar, Conquestor, I am Stick, Assassin in Burgundy

gre_1486702799.png

Player List

Spoiler

Assassin In Burgundy: Fuzzy- Self Explanatory (Jaist)
Elenion: Cassius- Ladies Man (Casanova) Village Soother
Seonid: Senn Conrad- Minor Nobleman (Past Lives)
A Joe in the Bush: Jack Tormander- 4th Wall Breaker (Past Lives)
Jondesu: Remart- Just under 300 lbs. He swears! (Glutton, Handicapped [Leg]) Survived!
Manukos: Enias- Cleans things….somewhere (Neat) Regular Villager
I_Am_Stick: Stick- Is a Stick? (Forgetful)
Wyrmhero: Wyl Sharpe- Private Detective (Guardsman)
Nyali: Nyah- Orphan (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents) Spiked Mistborn
Herowannabe: Herwynbe- Terris Steward (Terris Steward)
Arinian: Arinian- Mercenary (Forgetful, Past Lives) Village Seeker
Conquestor: Mr. Hoid- Absentminded Prophet (Joker, Forgetful, Prophetic)
Silverblade5: Ryth- Former Guard (Gollum) Regular Villager
Magestar: Carmichael- High Roller (Narcissist, Compulsive Gambler)
Arraenae: Nicki- Noblewomen Researching Inquisitors (Theorist) Village Thug
Straw: Vomit- Messenger (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents, Gossip) Village Rioter
Doc12: Rin- Metallurgist (Tinker, Neat) Regular Villager
Hemalurgic_Headshot: Joe- Beggar/Former Band Member/Cook? (Useless, Cook) Village Thug
Araris Valerian: Aralis- Grumpy Elderly Man (Elderly, Cynic, Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff)
Droughtbringer: Drought- Blind Man (Handicapped [Blind])
Stink: Various- Split Personality Mistborn (Insanity)
Ecthelion III: No Name- Retired Gentleman (Elderly) Village Soother
Kipper: Kip Pikker- Traveling Bard (Narcissist) Regular Villager
TheMightyLopen: Sothe- Thief (Unlucky) Village Lurcher
Madagascar: Matilda- Mad Cat Lady (Drunk) Village Thug
Dalinar Kholin: Reginald Canuck- Polite Wayne (Kleptomaniac) Spiked Mistborn
Drake Marshall: Felix- Traveller (Survivor Priest, Scholarly) Village Smoker
Bugsy6912: Annix- Terrisman Scholor (Scholor, Terrisman, Hobbyist) Regular Villager
Gamma Fiend: Grumbles- Innkeeper (Insanity) Regular Villager
Little Wilson: Whistler- Shopkeeper (Neat, Compulsive Gambler, Hobbyist) Survived!
Sart: Sart- Trickster (High Imperial)
Orlock Tsubodai: Locke Tekiel- Nobleman (Nobleman)
Wonko the Sane: Abundance Org (Organization)
Elbereth: El- Apprentice Apothecary (Hopeful Orphan, Past Lives)

Edited by Alvron

Two vote manipulations? It looks like someone soothed Magestar and someone rioted HH's vote to Elbereth.

*checks archive*

No, wait, HH never actually retracted his vote on Elbereth, so his vote for Magestar didn't count. So just one soothing. Hmm...

Hmm. . . I'm at a bit of a loss right now. With no Bronze mistings, i can't scan all the people i want to scan, with no Iron mistings, i'm probably going to die tonight.:/ With the steel misting going inactive, we can't get off a kill. gah.

Seonid, you mind talking a tad bit more about Orlok? Do you still want to lynch him for inactivity? I'd rather just let @DroughtBringer kill him.

4 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Hmm. . . I'm at a bit of a loss right now. With no Bronze mistings, i can't scan all the people i want to scan, with no Iron mistings, i'm probably going to die tonight.:/ With the steel misting going inactive, we can't get off a kill. gah.

Seonid, you mind talking a tad bit more about Orlok? Do you still want to lynch him for inactivity? I'd rather just let @DroughtBringer kill him.

So would I. I really don't have anything on Orlok, he was just an inactive who hadn't been voted on.

@A Joe in the Bush, @Seonid, @DroughtBringer. I am here, and am working really hard to catch up. I still expect to meet my end of the week target, with a very material post by the end of Saturday. I have a lot of thoughts, but they're all from posts made mid-January and earlier, and want to get to the end of the thread before commenting. I have spent a great many hours on this, this week, along with a really, really busy work schedule, and will be upset, and probably a little angry if I do die.

Hey, I've been posting all along. To be fair, I can't conclusively refute the idea that I could have rolled Pewter and done a WGG, and honestly I would have been likely to do that as an Elim. I'm not, however, and have been earnestly trying to find leads on Elims. I helped get Nyali, not just in the bandwagon but suspecting her early on (and commenting on it), and while I know that's not a hard clear, she wasn't likely to be getting bussed by her team so soon after they lost Dalinar, so I'd think that would buy me some more credibility too. Basically, I don't know if I can completely clear myself, of course, but I hope it's been fairly clear that I'm being honest and actually attempting to help, even if I'm wrong about my guesses often enough (that's the way the game goes).

Day 11: A Shot in the Dark

For Drought, his blindness wasn’t the handicap that most people thought that it was. He had been blind for long enough that he’d learned to adapt. His hearing was better. His sense of smell and touch had heightened. These helped paint him a picture of the world around him without his sense of sight.

The Steel didn’t hurt either.

Drought’s world was peppered with blue dots and the lines leading from them to him. A coin pouch here, as window latch there. The dagger that someone was carrying. It had taken Drought years of practice and training to get to where he was today. He had gotten so good with his steel that he could pick out what kind of metal it was just by the varying shades of blue and their strength. It made it easier to tell which lines were stationary and which were attached to someone.

That was another thing that he sometimes wondered about. Without his eyes, how was he able to see the lines at all? The only answer he had come to was that it was all just a trick of the mind. It kind of bothered him that he might be “seeing” in the same way that an Inquisitor sees things.

-Wait. Someone was carrying a dagger! He’d heard the talk from the rest of the villagers about how people were being killed and most of them seemed to come from a stab wound; to shallow to be a sword, but still deadly. And the few that had survived had claimed to have been attacked by people wielding daggers. Could it be that this person that had just passed by Drought was one of those that was killing everyone?

Obviously, he couldn’t just leave this alone; not when it could mean that he could save the town. Drought picked up what few coins he’d earned for the day and followed the person from a distance. That was another benefit for his particular brand of sight. He didn’t need to keep a line of sight on the person, he just needed to stay close enough for his steel to detect them.

Unfortunately, this also meant that Drought wasn’t close enough to pick up anything else about them other than the fact that they carried a dagger. It had already been late afternoon when Drought had noticed this person and they travelled a lot of the village.

Night fell and Drought could feel the mists cool on his cheeks as they appeared. Still, the person he was tailing travelled on, making stops every now and then to either say hello to someone or to run an errand. They still hadn’t done anything suspicious that Drought could tell and he began wondering if he’d been mistaken. After everything that had happened, he couldn’t really blame anyone for wanting to walk around armed. Was he being paranoid of someone that was being paranoid?

He was about to give up and call it a night, when the blue line connected to the dagger darted quickly off to the left. Based on the surroundings, it looked like they had decided to run down an alleyway.

Now, that is suspicious behavior, Drought thought. He felt a slight thrill at the thought. He’d been right! Now all he had to do was find out where the person was residing and he could end this entire nightmare the village was trapped in! He clutched the coins in his hand a little tighter, with new resolve and then moved to follow.

He didn’t go far though, before he heard the faint wisp of fabric brushing together close behind him and he felt the rush of moving air against the back of his neck. He noticed these things a second too late, as something pierced into his side and slid right between his ribs.

The last thing Drought noticed was that, whatever it was that stabbed him, had never given off a blue line….

Night 11 had ended and Day 11 begins! You have 48 hours.

Droughtbringer was a Village Coinshot!

Good luck!

gre_1486875599.png

Player List

Spoiler

Assassin In Burgundy: Fuzzy- Self Explanatory (Jaist)
Elenion: Cassius- Ladies Man (Casanova) Village Soother
Seonid: Senn Conrad- Minor Nobleman (Past Lives)
A Joe in the Bush: Jack Tormander- 4th Wall Breaker (Past Lives)
Jondesu: Remart- Just under 300 lbs. He swears! (Glutton, Handicapped [Leg]) Survived!
Manukos: Enias- Cleans things….somewhere (Neat) Regular Villager
I_Am_Stick: Stick- Is a Stick? (Forgetful)
Wyrmhero: Wyl Sharpe- Private Detective (Guardsman)
Nyali: Nyah- Orphan (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents) Spiked Mistborn
Herowannabe: Herwynbe- Terris Steward (Terris Steward)
Arinian: Arinian- Mercenary (Forgetful, Past Lives) Village Seeker
Conquestor: Mr. Hoid- Absentminded Prophet (Joker, Forgetful, Prophetic)
Silverblade5: Ryth- Former Guard (Gollum) Regular Villager
Magestar: Carmichael- High Roller (Narcissist, Compulsive Gambler)
Arraenae: Nicki- Noblewomen Researching Inquisitors (Theorist) Village Thug
Straw: Vomit- Messenger (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents, Gossip) Village Rioter
Doc12: Rin- Metallurgist (Tinker, Neat) Regular Villager
Hemalurgic_Headshot: Joe- Beggar/Former Band Member/Cook? (Useless, Cook) Village Thug
Araris Valerian: Aralis- Grumpy Elderly Man (Elderly, Cynic, Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff)
Droughtbringer: Drought- Blind Man (Handicapped [Blind]) Village Coinshot
Stink: Various- Split Personality Mistborn (Insanity)
Ecthelion III: No Name- Retired Gentleman (Elderly) Village Soother
Kipper: Kip Pikker- Traveling Bard (Narcissist) Regular Villager
TheMightyLopen: Sothe- Thief (Unlucky) Village Lurcher
Madagascar: Matilda- Mad Cat Lady (Drunk) Village Thug
Dalinar Kholin: Reginald Canuck- Polite Wayne (Kleptomaniac) Spiked Mistborn
Drake Marshall: Felix- Traveller (Survivor Priest, Scholarly) Village Smoker
Bugsy6912: Annix- Terrisman Scholor (Scholor, Terrisman, Hobbyist) Regular Villager
Gamma Fiend: Grumbles- Innkeeper (Insanity) Regular Villager
Little Wilson: Whistler- Shopkeeper (Neat, Compulsive Gambler, Hobbyist) Survived!
Sart: Sart- Trickster (High Imperial)
Orlock Tsubodai: Locke Tekiel- Nobleman (Nobleman)
Wonko the Sane: Abundance Org (Organization)
Elbereth: El- Apprentice Apothecary (Hopeful Orphan, Past Lives)

Edited by Alvron

Well, I've got a few minutes before I hit the sack so I may as well start the discussion today. I by no means have the time to do any sort of in depth analysis or to even look at everyone right now, but I'll start with my thoughts on everyone in the bottom part of Joe's suspicion list from last cycle. Hopefully I'll be able to get to everyone else tomorrow.

Wonko
Wilson
Wyrm
Stick
Hero
---------------Would defend anyone above this line. But remember, confirmed good is not confirmed right! I am suspicious of two people above this line.---------
Drought
Conquestor
Assassin
Stink - unkown role (I just learned i never PM'd him? oops.)
---------------Would Lynch anyone below this line. But remember, confirmed good is not confirmed right!---------
Seonid
Gamma - unknown role
Magestar - public claim of smoker
Araris
Jondesu
Orlok - Unknown Role
Elbereth - Less suspicious due to the bandwagoning on her, combined with her defenses. -public claim of roleless
Sart
Hemalurgic Headshot - public claim of thug.

Seonid- hasn't really stood out to me in any significant way, but gut feeling is he's Villager.

Gamma- dead

Magestar- hard to get a read on him because he wasn't very active for a while there, but back when he was active I was starting to get a little suspicious of him.

Araris- He's pretty much flown below my suspicion radar AND my CC radar the whole game, which means I should probably be paying closer attention to him.

Jondesu- I've waffled back and forth with Jondesu for most of the game. At first he didn't seem suspicious because he was attacked and survived, but then he tunneled on me for multiple rounds and it made me wonder, but then he backed off and seemed genuine, but then I started wondering if he is a spiked mistborn that pulled a WGG, but he does have a point about how he went after Nyali early on, so I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was villager or spiked.

Orlok- Completely inactive, which is a shame. Last time I checked he hadn't even logged into the site in over 2 weeks. I'd be willing to lynch him for CC purposes, but I don't suspect him at all.

Sart - I'm going to put my vote here, at least for now. Mostly a gut feeling, but Sart has been fairly active IIRC but hasnt really gathered any attention that I can remember. Just the place where an Eliminator would hide. 

Hemalurgic Headshot- Dead

Herwynbe stood in his master's lounge, eyeing the three glass jars that stood on the mantel. Each one was filled with a dark red liquid (which Herwynbe tried not to think about) and held a metal spike inside. One had come from Reginald, another from the orphan Nyah, and the last had been taken from Nicki's body, after she had taken it in turn from that stranger the night this all started.

Herwynbe's master noticed the steward's gaze and said, "You have done well so far, my friend. But our work is not finished yet. The Koloss army is gathering its strength, and there are still those within the village who seek to prepare the way for the Koloss to slay us all. The ones who bear the taint of Hemalurgy."

"Hemalurgy, master?" Herwynbe said, confused at the strange word.

"Those pierced by metal. We must find the rest of them, and soon, my friend. The clock is winding down. If my calculations and observations of the Koloss are correct, we have about a week left, maybe less."

Herwynbe's mouth went dry. He swallowed, and said, "My lord, if the situation is truly so dire, then it would be wise for us to withdraw from the city, I think."

"No, my friend. We cannot run away, not this time, for one simple reason: This town needs us. We cannot save them, but perhaps there is still time to help them save themselves."